Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 03:10 PM

218 posts, read 213,498 times

Advertisements

i am actually interested in what some of this group of GOPs, has to say. Carly, Donald, Carson, Kasich, Jeb! I believe all of these candidates will ensure gridlock and shutting down of the government, over social issues, will be a thing of the past. That can ONLY be good. Social issues need to be examined and debated as the serious issues they are, across the aisle. Budgets decided in a neutral non biased way. These social issues are not a part of Wall Street issues, or war issues, or military issues or infrastructure, or veterans affairs, climate, etc. Etc.

Also these are the people, that are the most human of the bunch as well. The rest of them are crazy, incompetent, ignorant, too religious, or just mean bordering evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 03:12 PM

218 posts, read 213,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Or he might like most everyone else, understand that income taxes are not the only way the government brings in money and that we are coming nowhere close to bringing in what we are spending now.

Since that is the case, where are the cuts under Obama?
Let's cut the privelge of Wall Street, or raise taxes on the dividend class.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:12 PM

39,023 posts, read 27,413,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It's simple really.

Either you have an issue with this statement or you don't.

Dr. Carson: "Our military needs to know that they’re not going be prosecuted when they come back, because somebody has said, ‘You did something that was politically incorrect..."

I really hope someone asks him whether or not he believes that the Geneva Convention is "politically incorrect."
I don't have an issue with that, you do though.

why would anybody tell a combat veteran "You did something that was politically incorrect."

Old 09-15-2015, 03:21 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,416,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't have an issue with that, you do though.

why would anybody tell a combat veteran "You did something that was politically incorrect."
I couldn't figure that one out either. Perhaps Carson or his supporters can give us a 'fer instance.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:22 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,076,252 times
Quote:
That's what I said and it doesn't answer my question. What difference does it make what candidate those not going to vote pick?
This far out from the primaries in 2016, how many registered Republican can state they would definitely vote? 63% of this sample said it's too early to decide whom to vote for. Some (better) polls only take respondents who have actually voted in the primaries in the recent pasts ("likely primary voter"), but these pollsters did not apparently.

Mick

Old 09-15-2015, 03:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,979,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
This far out from the primaries in 2016, how many registered Republican can state they would definitely vote? 63% of this sample said it's too early to decide whom to vote for. Some (better) polls only take respondents who have actually voted in the primaries in the recent pasts ("likely primary voter"), but these pollsters did not apparently.

Mick
Those who are registered (D) are not going to vote for any of them under any circumstances except in a few very rare cases.

In most places you can not vote in the (R) primaries unless you are registered (R).

Old 09-15-2015, 03:35 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,684,383 times
Do the Carson-supporters even know what his stand on immigration is?

It's disappointing to see so many idiots trying to prove they're not racist by voting for the Black... again.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:38 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,130,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No matter who is President we are not going to come close to balancing the budget. I would have to ask, how many countries do you think have a truely balanced budget. Maybe a 10% flat tax isn't enough, but my guess, a flat tax is the answer. I am not in favor of cutting social security or medi care: these are programs we have all paid into. I certainly do not look to seeing any military cuts, but I can think of a heck of a lot of social programs that could go bye bye.
You realize that a 10% tax would be a tax increase for over 50% of the taxpayers, right? There would be no deductions or anything like that. Just a straight tax on whatever income you have.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,848,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yes. I believe that. I think using atomic bombs on Japan is justified, however horrifying it might sound.

However, time has changed, we as humans are more and more civilized. That is why there should always be rules of engagement. But fighting a political correct war is rather foolish. I think this is Dr. Ben Carson's main position.
Agreed. The A bomb probably saved a LOT of lives on BOTH sides between the US not having to fight street for street in Japan AND the defenders realizing being killed would NOT help out the Japanese survivors.

Carson: this has been a batcrap crazy election and, it might get rowdier before the Dems and Repubs have their final candidates for 2016.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:59 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,076,252 times
Quote:
Those who are registered (D) are not going to vote for any of them under any circumstances except in a few very rare cases.

In most places you can not vote in the (R) primaries unless you are registered (R).
See, you did not read my earlier post or did not follow it. As I stated, registered Democrats and Independents are not part of the respondent pool of 376, so their views are NOT reflected in the poll. Otherwise, the poll would be absolutely meaningless.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections