Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 11:44 AM

5,895 posts, read 3,894,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I guess doing a crappy job in office or a crappy job in business makes you a front runner.
It's usually a detriment for Republicans but it's not a negative for Democrats for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 12:52 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
MARK LEVIN: So I believe the establishment media were poised to declare Fiorina the victor over Trump and most of the field. So she is one of the establishment favorites...

You don't have to agree with me, but at least let me put some facts out there. The indications were everywhere. Most of the same voices who opposed Trump, and before him Cruz, are singing her praises today. Notice that?

Notice how quickly they have lurched from Bush To Kasich to Fiorina? They don't really care, they just want to take [Trump] out. And once they take him out they want to take the next one out. They want to clear the field for Jeb, they'll circle back to Jeb. It's a long process...

So they're no longer concerned when it comes to lack of government background, about somebody being an outsider...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOStRCh_-_I

Old 09-18-2015, 01:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
MARK LEVIN: So I believe the establishment media were poised to declare Fiorina the victor over Trump and most of the field. So she is one of the establishment favorites...

You don't have to agree with me, but at least let me put some facts out there. The indications were everywhere. Most of the same voices who opposed Trump, and before him Cruz, are singing her praises today. Notice that?

Notice how quickly they have lurched from Bush To Kasich to Fiorina? They don't really care, they just want to take [Trump] out. And once they take him out they want to take the next one out. They want to clear the field for Jeb, they'll circle back to Jeb. It's a long process...

So they're no longer concerned when it comes to lack of government background, about somebody being an outsider...

Kasich has never really been a top cantender nor has he been pushed by the insiders. He gained a little recognition after the last debate, but his name was not posted everywhere like hers, Trumps and Carson's have been or even praised like Rubio.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:37 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
The MSM loves Fiorina even though her polling is less than JEB's which they apparently have already written off. Just goes to show you that the MSM is totally irrelevant these days.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:40 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The MSM loves Fiorina even though her polling is less than JEB's which they apparently have already written off. Just goes to show you that the MSM is totally irrelevant these days.
MSM only loves Fiorina because she has kicked but during both debates (both of which she came out on top . . . boy, that sounds bad).

Old 09-18-2015, 03:11 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,110,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are right, it's not relevant . . . . to you. Keep watching Fox News . . . .though if you do that, studies have shown that you'd have less knowledge of current events than people who don't watch news at all or get their news from the Daily Show(!). lol

Mick

Old 09-18-2015, 03:16 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

I noticed Fiorina changed too, so they've gotten ahold of her. What a sell out. Suddenly being a woman qualifies as being a victim even though she's done just fine at it all these years.

The establishment has no identity and has taken on the democratic policies as well as talking points.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:22 PM

5,895 posts, read 3,894,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
You are right, it's not relevant . . . . to you. Keep watching Fox News . . . .though if you do that, studies have shown that you'd have less knowledge of current events than people who don't watch news at all or get their news from the Daily Show(!). lol

Mick
How can someone who watches no news have more knowledge about current events than someone who gets bits and pieces from FOX? Makes no sense.

All of the mainstream news outlets have become opinionated propaganda these days. Just watch RT and you'll know more about the world than the viewers of CNN, FOX, and MSNBC combined.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:25 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,110,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
How can someone who watches no news have more knowledge about current events than someone who gets bits and pieces from FOX? Makes no sense.
. . . . um, apparently, because the viewers are given misleading or false information. Fairleigh Dickinson University did those studies, once nationally and once in NJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
All of the mainstream news outlets have become opinionated propaganda these days. Just watch RT and you'll know more about the world than the viewers of CNN, FOX, and MSNBC combined.
I don't think anyone would characterize Fox or MSNBC as MSM. What is RT? Russia Today? Yes, I agree, foreign press like BBC does much better idea of what's going on internationally. Well, if you listen to foreign press, you would hear the praises of the Iran nuclear deal.

Mick

Old 09-18-2015, 05:10 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
Ahh. Another post from you where you ignore topic matter and attempt to make it about the messenger. OK I'll indulge you.

I never cite or reference Fox News, (except to address idiotic posts like this one) and I don't watch it. I don't have a cable subscription because I consider all of it garbage including all the MSM "news" channels. Anyone who watches any of these trash channels from Fox to MSNBC, and believes it, has issues.

I assume that you must think I do because in your limited reality of things, left vs right, and the false war of liberal vs conservative, that you incorrectly assume that anyone you disagree with must watch Fox. Well that's on you. You should think about that relative to your blind allegiance to one side's political dogma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections