Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 10:17 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times

Advertisements

Carly is not going anywhere, she's just not that likeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 10:26 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
OMG Fiorina just gave Trump the easy free kick as we would call it in Dutch!

Leadership is not about, how big your office is, plane is, etc. Well she is right it is not about these items as they are not what it is about but nice gadgets if you can afford them and have only to do with how you spend your own money if it is your own money!

Fiorina had under her leadership, 30,000 job losses!

Is that what she calls "leadership"!

I guess this might be ending her run for the Presidency!
I don't want to mess up your thought process with facts... oh wait, yes I do!

• Hewlett-Packard: number of employees 2001-2014 | Statistic

HP employees nearly doubled under Fiorina. It is because of her merger that they again doubled since she left. Look at how dismal the other companies in the field of PC/Servers, such as Dell, have done in the same span of time.

Did she off-shore jobs, of course. Blame regulations and taxation, not her. Apple, that beloved corporate behemoth of left leaning ideologues, has off-shored more jobs than just about any company in history!

Old 09-24-2015, 10:35 AM

12,030 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Carly was interviewed by O'Reilly last night. Tough interview on these very questions. She did outstanding in her answers, even Bill was impressed. Worth watching.

Also, her main critic on the HP Board that fired her, recently took out a full page ad in either NYT or WSJ stating he and the Board had made a huge mistake, her policies were correct and beneficial in the long run to HP, and she did the right thing and would make a great president.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:39 AM

398 posts, read 818,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Fiorina has a net worth of about $59 million. She was canned at HP. Is this what America wants? At the debate she was quick to identify the major problems but failed to say how she would fix it. Fiorina is another wealthy would-be politician who suffers from gross tunnel vision. Her loyalty is to people of her kind, to corporations, and she will sacrifice he masses for profit on Wall St.

I like the idea of a woman candidate but please find a woman who is actually qualified. Then find one who is for all the people and not just the rich.
And Hillary Clinton has a net worth of????
And how did she "make' her money?
Is that what America wants?
Be careful attacking Fiorina about money issues because the Democrats are not looking so good in that arena.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:48 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
If I hadn't done it, someone else would. No way would voters accept that excuse for cooking the books. If she really was a champion/leader of doing the right thing, she would have been a whistle blower instead.
Well, that's the blunt version - if I could spin that positively, I'd be working for a presidential campaign, wouldn't I?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:06 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
And Hillary Clinton has a net worth of????
And how did she "make' her money?
Is that what America wants?
Be careful attacking Fiorina about money issues because the Democrats are not looking so good in that arena.
I agree with your post as it shouldn't be about their own wealth as they have made it some how and as long as it is not criminal money than I would say they did a good job on that part.

I have seen her give very smart answers and I'm impressed by that part but not with her way of saying it as she looks like a very angry person.

If you want to compare her to Hillary and ask who to vote for out of the 2 of them than I would vote for Fiorina over Hillary as Hillary is not to be trusted and is a fake as they can come.

I would love to see a woman in the White House as the President but to me it is about the best person and not about the color of their skin or gender.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Fiorina has a net worth of about $59 million. She was canned at HP. Is this what America wants? At the debate she was quick to identify the major problems but failed to say how she would fix it. Fiorina is another wealthy would-be politician who suffers from gross tunnel vision. Her loyalty is to people of her kind, to corporations, and she will sacrifice he masses for profit on Wall St.

I like the idea of a woman candidate but please find a woman who is actually qualified. Then find one who is for all the people and not just the rich.
Actually, she has said on numerous occasions how she would fix specific problems, and I also recall that she answered specific question during the "debate;" rebuild the sixth fleet, for example, to restore our military strength.

As for her H.P. record, I would ask you: What was Obama's record of success at anything? What accomplishments did he have? Any? Did you vote for him? What about Hillary? What is her record?

If your going to point to one candidate and point out that she was fired at H.P., then be prepared to examine the records of others.

"Gross tunnel vision?" I think she has taken a broad view of the world. She has identified various areas both domestically and internationally in which she believes she can lead. We have a huge problem with Obama in that he has no business experience. He does not know how to lead in the area of expanding our economy and producing jobs. He has been an utter failure on that front. He has also been an utter failure in his foreign policy (or lack thereof). Carly is far more qualified than Obama was or Hillary.

Sorry, but I think your criticisms of Carly are unfair and not based on anything but personal dislike and biases. We need a President that is friendly to business (corporations) if we are to grow the economy and end this long, long, recession.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:13 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are reasons to like and dislike Fiorina. That she laid off 30,000 Is not one of them.

Guess she could have not right sized the organization and watched it fail.

CEOs are hired to increase shareholder value, not run benevolent employment organizations.

Businesses that do not adapt to current business cycles fail.

How many Trump organizations filed for bankruptcy and left thousands of creditors, including small businesses scrambling for cents on the dollar? How many employees were let go as a result of these business failures?

There are reasons to like and dislike Trump. That 4 of his businesses failed is not one of them.
I did some research on my own on H.P. In 2000, H.P. split its stock shares 2 for 1. Of course, that means that the value of a share was cut in half. It also meant that H.P. stock was more affordable for the small investors. That happened under Firorina's watch.

I like your comments here.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:14 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Ruh oh... hypocrite alert. Carly donated to Hillary often and alot............

https://www.conservativereview.com/C...-Hillary-Donor

Old 09-24-2015, 11:21 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
https://www.conservativereview.com/C...-Hillary-Donor

Carly donated extensively to Hillary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections