Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 10:29 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This is the most interesting group of GOP candidates I've ever seen in one election. I see Carly poaching political neutral women from the Democrats, Ben Carson poaching common sense minorities and Trump the large percentage of men. If it's orchestrated its brilliant. No matter who wins the nomination, many of these poached voters will vote republican.
Do you really believe that? Carly got beat badly in her California senate race losing by nearly 10 points, and she should have been in a good position to beat Boxer. And I'm not sure what you mean by "common sense minorities" but I'm guessing you mean conservative minorities of which there are actually very few.

Look what Townhall has to say about Carly The Conservative Case Against Carly Fiorina - John Hawkins - Page full

And a Redstate article questioning whether Ben Carson is the Conservatives "affirmative action" candidate
Is Ben Carson the conservatives' "affirmative-action" candidate? | RedState
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 10:53 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
16 candidates and there are maybe one quarter of them even remotely qualified to be President of the United States. And all of those are near the bottom of the heap in party popularity. Pubs got problems.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:59 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
16 candidates and there are maybe one quarter of them even remotely qualified to be President of the United States. And all of those are near the bottom of the heap in party popularity. Pubs got problems.
Are you referring to washed up people like Graham, Huckabee, Pataki, Santorum, etc.?

Old 09-21-2015, 11:03 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Are you referring to washed up people like Graham, Huckabee, Pataki, Santorum, etc.?
No, people like Kasich. He's way too socially conservative for me, but at least I wouldn't have to worry that he would take us into war on a whim or based on some religious ideology or myopic world view. With all of the top GOP contenders that's a real worry.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:07 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I was thinking of Bush, Kasich, and Christie actually.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:29 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I was thinking of Bush, Kasich, and Christie actually.
I would add Graham to this list. He talks hardball but I think he's a lot more knowledgeable than that.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:54 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This is the most interesting group of GOP candidates I've ever seen in one election. I see Carly poaching political neutral women from the Democrats, Ben Carson poaching common sense minorities and Trump the large percentage of men.
That is all happening in your imagination. In reality, few Democrats (men or women) found these clowns to be anything but inexperienced and egotistical; mostly running for the attention it gets them.

Aside from Carson, I doubt Trump or Carly actually want to be President. They struck me more as a Palin-nesque opportunist looking to cash in. Even if by the greatest of miracle one of them managed to get elected, he/she will quit the office after two months to go write a book or start a reality TV show.

Trust me, the only thing that is fascinating to the Democrats is the sheer stupidity from the GOP base that is being suckered by Trump and Carly; and honestly believe those two have a chance.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:10 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
The clown car comments must really hurt, I guess. None of these GOP bozos can be taken at all seriously. Their rebranding "listening tour" in 2009 revealed that they had an obsession with Ronald Reagan and no actual policies relevant to the 21st century. Nothing has changed since. Phony solutions to phony issues and nothing of any help at all with our actual problems. The GOP is the Party of Ignorance and Uselessness.
Rarely are so many words used to say basically nothing.

"I hate Republicans."

I suggest saying that, just to save time.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Obama was a community organizer for about three years. Then he worked as a lawyer, was a professor of law for 12 years, was a state senator for seven years and a US senator for two. But you keep on with the community organizer meme, as it will prevent you from having to admit that he had done so much more than that before running for president. I get that you are unable to handle that fact.
Being a sleazy, thieving left-wing lawyer, politician and law professor is even worse than being a community organizer.

America voted for sleaze when it elected The One.

The One was not only all of the above, but a friend to terrorists Dohrn and Ayers, to a preacher who damned America, and a racist who repeatedly condemned whites in racial disputes before knowing all the facts.

Now he's the biggest supporter of Muslim terrorism around.

No wonder Democrats and liberals love him!

Old 09-22-2015, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
We need someone who can put reason and rationality above poll numbers, and someone to listen to advisers who know more than them. We need someone who understands how the world works, how to collaborate, compromise and influence. We need these things far more than just a successful surgeon, real estate billionaire or someone who screwed HP.
We supposedly got all of that with the Wonder Boy.

The voters will decide how it all worked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections