Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 09:39 AM

32 posts, read 25,728 times

Advertisements

Here

Quote:
Jeb Bush’s first post-debate political rally started a few minutes early, in a rec center room built for 200 but only half-full.
As Trump would say: "You are fired, Jeb!"

Jeb had no chance from the very beginning.
And not just because of his last name...
His inconsistency in the words, views on immigration policy and no impressive proposals.
Tell Americans who are tired of the illegals from the South, that friendship with Mexico is only benefit for us, even in Spanish... Support his brother on the introduction of troops in Iraq - obviously a bad start.

It's time for him to withdraw his candidacy and not to be dishonored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 09:51 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,247,261 times
I STILL can't believe he said his brother made us safer. 911, the de-stabilization of the middle east and 2 expensive wars later.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:24 AM

828 posts, read 907,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I STILL can't believe he said his brother made us safer. 911, the de-stabilization of the middle east and 2 expensive wars later.
As opposed to the truth? That his brother will go down in history as one of the worst POTUS there was? Since when do politicians prioritize the truth over their own interests?

Old 09-18-2015, 10:37 AM

50,790 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Unfortunately, OP (and to some extent gunslinger256), I have the idea that you are naive about politics and fall victim to your own if I believe it, it's what going to happen version of being a political pundit.

1. It's September. Usually that's when I primary campaign really begins. You seem to think it's over.
2. 7 years ago at this point, Hillary was considered a shoe in for the Democrat nomination. Oops.
3. At this same time last time around, who was the Republican front runner? I believe it was Guilianai, and then the Republicans went through a flavor of the month phase before the final nominee was selected.
4. It's still the "silly season" in the run-up to the 2016 election.
5. I disagree with the statement Bush made about his brother's presidency at the debate, also. But it got wild applause from the audience...probably the biggest applause line of the night.

There hasn't been a single primary or caucus held yet.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:07 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Unfortunately, OP (and to some extent gunslinger256), I have the idea that you are naive about politics and fall victim to your own if I believe it, it's what going to happen version of being a political pundit.

1. It's September. Usually that's when I primary campaign really begins. You seem to think it's over.
2. 7 years ago at this point, Hillary was considered a shoe in for the Democrat nomination. Oops.
3. At this same time last time around, who was the Republican front runner? I believe it was Guilianai, and then the Republicans went through a flavor of the month phase before the final nominee was selected.
4. It's still the "silly season" in the run-up to the 2016 election.
5. I disagree with the statement Bush made about his brother's presidency at the debate, also. But it got wild applause from the audience...probably the biggest applause line of the night.

There hasn't been a single primary or caucus held yet.
You do realize that tickets were only available to the Wall Street GOP Elite types who are completely out of touch with the mainstream public.

These are the guys who write the checks.

Bush has raised over 150,000,000 so far and is still barely having a pulse, lol

He is horrible, terrible!!

Old 09-18-2015, 11:42 AM

32 posts, read 25,728 times
Quote:
Yes
Unfortunately he did it.

i was a little bit shocked... because if you want to become a president you would better to keep silence about such attitudes... all americans think that it was a mistake, and the Middle East is still suffering... millions of people lost their relatives and homes. and Jeb says that it was right decision....

Old 09-18-2015, 11:46 AM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Bush tried to keep us safe by promoting unconstitutional agendas. Obama has continued it.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Tailor View Post
Yes
Unfortunately he did it.

i was a little bit shocked... because if you want to become a president you would better to keep silence about such attitudes... all americans think that it was a mistake, and the Middle East is still suffering... millions of people lost their relatives and homes. and Jeb says that it was right decision....
I would add to that it is G.W. Bush that is directly responsible for destabilizing the Middle East and taking it to direction we have today with the refuge crisis. Obama owns part of it too. Under both parties we have had the worst leadership failures in foreign policy the last 15 years. For Obama to allow Russia a base in Syria and lose air superiority is a major mistake that puts everyone at risk with a possible confrontation between Russia and the USA.
Putin is spoiling for an opportunity, as Rubio stated in the debate, to become a major player in the ME which no past president has ever allowed. He will ring out the dishrag spine of Obama and Kerry putting at risk from the air our military advisers or any future US or allied ground troops. Increased global destabilization is the outcome of allowing Russia a base in Syria. Failure to point that out with a solution to prevent it was a major mistake by Rubio. Had he done so there would be much more media coverage and questions keeping him in the spotlight and advancing his chances of being the nominee. Once again the political class in congress is sucking their thumbs rather than taking action.

Last edited by phma; 09-18-2015 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 01:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:

He said "kept safe" not "made safer".

Old 09-18-2015, 01:37 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Trump ruined any chance Republicans had of nominating someone from the more conservative side. The only viable options now are Bush, Rubio, and Kasich. Of the three, Bush has the most money, the best people, and the best organization. He is still the odds on favorite to win the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections