Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 11:44 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times

Advertisements

Trump talks about how much he made on each deal, and how he was smart to let 4 businesses go bankrupt, and his timely decision to leave Atlantic City. No mention of how many jobs he created, and no mention of how many jobs were lost in his bankruptcies. Employees are just expense lines. His golf courses are maintained by cheap immigrant labor on work visas. Illegals in his properties are hired through 3rd party contractors so he can maintain plausible deniability. No e-Verify at Trump properties. If he treats the US like he treats his businesses, for his own monetary and ego needs, then the US worker is screwed and Trump just walks away from it with no regrets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 11:45 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
He's done more than Obama has done ten times over..Keep bashing while you protect the loser in the WH who has never had a real job in his life.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:51 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
When NYC was going bankrupt he not only started buying up hotels (the Hyatt next to Grand Central was his first) but doing the unbelievable to them: getting rid of the old pre-war NYC stench in hotels and putting GOLD everywhere. Very brave move

When real estate crashed and many developers went bankrupt he managed to stay afloat. He’s a good businessman for himself and has managed to create the life he wanted to live.

Will he make America rich again? I doubt it because this country's problem is government over spending. Chinese don't "steal" the jobs from Americans, American corporations decided to outsourcing and certainly not the Chinese fault. Will he make America investors friendly again? I think he would. This is all it matters.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:30 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He's done more than Obama has done ten times over..Keep bashing while you protect the loser in the WH who has never had a real job in his life.
You're confused, Obama didn't gain the White House by losing, he took it by winning over the two GOP losers he faced.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
When NYC was going bankrupt he not only started buying up hotels (the Hyatt next to Grand Central was his first) but doing the unbelievable to them: getting rid of the old pre-war NYC stench in hotels and putting GOLD everywhere. Very brave move
There's a big difference between GOLD and gold-plate. You can plate a turd, but it's still a turd under the worthless veneer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Will he make America rich again? I doubt it because this country's problem is government over spending. Chinese don't "steal" the jobs from Americans, American corporations decided to outsourcing and certainly not the Chinese fault. Will he make America investors friendly again? I think he would. This is all it matters.
Like people selling their own name-branded clothing made in China?

Old 09-18-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There's a big difference between GOLD and gold-plate. You can plate a turd, but it's still a turd under the worthless veneer.

Like people selling their own name-branded clothing made in China?
Selling their own name branded clothing made in China is not illegal Deal with it.

What a tacky remark.

This is a global market, even a lot of manufacture jobs go back to Americans, there will forever be made in china products and it is a healthy thing.

A good policy will make the investors feel confident again, Like during the 80s, Japan decided to build cars in America, created tons of jobs in the United States because of high tariff. Everyone benefits from the deal, everyone happy. Trade wars can be avoided because of good deals

You don't seem to know much about business. It is not all or nothing.

Trump has every single right to make his product in China. But if imports become expensive because of high tariff, then the Chinese would decide to build factories here in the states, hence creating jobs here.

That is ALL it matters. Make America investors friendly

Old 09-18-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't know what point you are trying to make here, but you sound bitter.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:46 PM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
You're right - he won because the GOP didn't put up strong viable candidates and the PC group thought it was about time we have a black in the WH - no matter who it was and what they could offer the country. Snoop dog could have ran and won - and he might have done a better job.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:49 PM

[quote=lilyflower3191981;41249169] Selling their own name branded clothing made in China is not illegal Deal with it.

[quote]

But then turning around and whining about China taking American jobs makes him a Grade A hypocrite in my book.

I guess in the RW book that's just typical 'do as I say' not as I do', eh? And they say he's not a politician

Old 09-18-2015, 12:49 PM

[quote=burdell;41249262][quote=lilyflower3191981;41249169] Selling their own name branded clothing made in China is not illegal Deal with it.

Quote:

But then turning around and whining about China taking American jobs makes him a Grade A hypocrite in my book.

I guess in the RW book that's just business as usual, eh?
You should stop rolling your eyes, it is not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections