Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 04:42 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't know where you live but they sure DO disassociate themselves from the extremists! You hear about it all the time hear in Southern California. They do a tremendous amount of outreach and they have since at least the 1990s.

Muslim extremists are the same as the extremists from any other religion -- including Christian extremists.
They aren't the same. Show me the Christian extremists flying into buildings or setting people on fire.

Christianity has undoubtedly made the world better because of its gospel of love, forgiveness, and redemption.

It is not a vindictive religion, and many other religions are equally kind and tolerant.

On a side note, I see that hundreds of Muslims just got killed on their holy trek and wonder why safeguards have not been put into place since they know the trek and this isn't the first time there has been an awful deadly stampede. The world seems to be full of lunatics who do not protect their citizens.

I salute Ben for caring about Americans and their safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 04:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Abrahamic, not arabic

they are 2 branches of the same tree. Both believe in the God of Abraham, Both tell the story of Adam and Eve, Noah,Cain and Abel, Genius, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy. Heck, the Koran even talks about Jesus.
Abrahamic is a language?

Don't think so.

The Koran is written in Arabic. The Bible isn't.

The Koran is written in verses. The Bible isn't.

Yes, Islam is a heresy that steals from Jews and Christians. So what?

It is an evil false religion based on a murdering pedophile's insanity.

That's all it is.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't know where you live but they sure DO disassociate themselves from the extremists! You hear about it all the time hear in Southern California. They do a tremendous amount of outreach and they have since at least the 1990s.
I live in Southern California, and that is not true.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:13 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I live in Southern California, and that is not true.
Totally true. Plus, you wrote this:
Quote:
The Bible is written in verses -- so you obviously aren't a Christian or you would know that.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:15 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Abrahamic is a language?

Don't think so.

The Koran is written in Arabic. The Bible isn't.

Yes, Islam is a heresy that steals from Jews and Christians. So what?

It is an evil false religion based on a murdering pedophile's insanity.

That's all it is.
Islam is not a religion in the sense that Christianity, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish are...rather it is a philosophy of death and perversion to seek all power to control all aspects of the lives of the conquered and kill those that don't submit to the superstition.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:00 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Why was this question even asked of him? It's like reporters can't find anything else to slam him for so let's make up a question to bate him. No Muslim is running for President!

Old 09-24-2015, 09:06 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Ben Carson says no Muslim should ever become US president | US news | The Guardian

Ironically he uses the constitution as his reason not realizing article VI paragraph 6 forbids a religious test for qualification for any office

Whaf a clown
Yeah... except that "religion", which more of a political institution, ultimately would overthrow our representative, democratic form of gument if allowed to gain majority powers. Let us put that in our MJ pipe and smoke it.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:13 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
This might be of interest: Was Ben Carson right? Muslims tell ‘Hannity’ reporter Sharia more powerful than the Constitution | BizPac Review

And, yes to the person asking if they couldn't find anything else on Ben Carson. I don't see Ben Carson as making comments off the top of his head as he seems to weigh his words carefully, I know another thing used to insult him because he was slow to answer and speak. I'm afraid when it comes to Ben Carson, "he is darned if he doesn't and darned if he don't".

Old 09-25-2015, 02:47 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
Ben Carson says no Muslim should ever become US president | US news | The Guardian

Ironically he uses the constitution as his reason not realizing article VI paragraph 6 forbids a religious test for qualification for any office

Whaf a clown
He doesn't say there should be a religious test or ban on Muslims to be president. He said he would not advocate a Muslim to be president because their views are inconsistent with the Constitution. How many democrats say the same thing about Ben Carson? It's perfectly okay to believe a strict Muslim would make a terrible president. I agree with that position, and nearly every democrat should agree as well. It's a stupid gotcha question that never gets asked of democrats running for office, and his answer was honest.

A Muslim who doesnt really follow his or her religion would probably be fine as a president, but then again that person wouldn't really be a true Muslim. It's actually kind of interesting that democrats are using this against Carson when not one of them would truly vote for a devout Muslim if one was running. That person would believe women are subject to their men, gay people should not get married, and I don't know their stance on birth control but I suspect it mirrors the Catholic church.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:30 PM

934 posts, read 595,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He doesn't say there should be a religious test or ban on Muslims to be president. He said he would not advocate a Muslim to be president because their views are inconsistent with the Constitution. How many democrats say the same thing about Ben Carson? It's perfectly okay to believe a strict Muslim would make a terrible president. I agree with that position, and nearly every democrat should agree as well. It's a stupid gotcha question that never gets asked of democrats running for office, and his answer was honest.

A Muslim who doesnt really follow his or her religion would probably be fine as a president, but then again that person wouldn't really be a true Muslim. It's actually kind of interesting that democrats are using this against Carson when not one of them would truly vote for a devout Muslim if one was running. That person would believe women are subject to their men, gay people should not get married, and I don't know their stance on birth control but I suspect it mirrors the Catholic church.
You just contradicted yourself. You say he does not support religion being a qualification yet you say people of a certain religion should not servd. That is unconstitutional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections