Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 04:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,815,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's down to Bush, Kasich, and Rubio, in that order, to win. The rest, including Trump, are along for the ride till they get bumped off the wagon.
I hope Jeb does NOT win. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 04:48 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,233,706 times
Where is the koch money going to go now?

Old 09-21-2015, 04:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,661,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Where is the koch money going to go now?
Bush

Old 09-21-2015, 04:53 PM

2,002 posts, read 1,158,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Then he opened his mouth and people got a glimpse of that huge vacuum between his ears. I don't think I've ever seen such a vacant look as Walker's. You get the feeling there's no intelligent life there. Glad to see him go.

^^^^^^^^^^^
this!!!!!!!

He always looked clueless during the debates

Old 09-21-2015, 04:53 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,233,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Bush
No, Bush is the pure establishment neocon candidate. He isn't the pure tax cut anti-union libertarian puppet that Scott Walker was. Their money is more likely to go to Ted Cruz but he may be too crazy for them.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:59 PM

79,899 posts, read 43,855,613 times
I'm confused...I thought Koch money meant no one else can compete and they simply win.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:01 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,576,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm confused...I thought Koch money meant no one else can compete and they simply win.
That's what Liberals like to think. The Kochs are no different than the Soros', Steyer's, etc

Old 09-21-2015, 05:02 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,576,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Republican Side: Walker or Santorum. Both have been running expensive campaigns, and the poll numbers just aren't reflecting that. Even the bottom of the barrel candidates (like Jindal, Pataki, Gilmore, and Graham) are more nimble due to their relatively small operations.

Democratic Side: Chafee. I don't think anyone will disagree there.
Wow, I called Scott Walker dropping yesterday. I NEVER expected it to happen this quickly.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:09 PM

3,570 posts, read 2,500,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
And he's done. Permanently.

A lot of Presidential candidates drop out but still see their political fortunes enhanced by their runs. A decent showing can mean being tabbed as the eventual nominee's running mate, a cabinet position if that candidate's party wins the general election, or a future Presidential bid strengthened by a solid showing the first time around.

But this? A complete and total crash and burn, being outdone by the likes of a narcissistic reality TV show host, a doctor, and a failed CEO? To say nothing of the embarrassment of trailing the likes of Christie, Huckabee and Santorum. Stick a fork in him. It's not just Walker's Presidential bid this time that's finished - his future national ambitions are over, too.

And this was supposed to be 'the strongest GOP Presidential field in decades'...
Walker was always too dumb to stick around for long. The guy dropped out of Marquette with a 2.59 GPA. He is in over his head in a modern Presidential campaign.

I also expect his national ambitions are over, but I wouldn't put it past a Republican administration to stick him somewhere that will shore up conservative/donor support, like . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That makes him available to become the new Secretary of Labor under a Republican administration. He would be great at that.
Gulp. Or the NLRB .

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
To be honest field is beyond strong, it's brutal out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fiorina or Carson would call it quits next month.

Taking no prisoners.

Donald really shook things up.
The field is large, but weak. The strongest general election candidates are Rubio, Bush, and, on the edges of competitiveness, Christie and Kasich. Rubio and Bush can win the primary and compete in the general. Fiorina and Carson aren't going anywhere soon. They are great picks to disrupt the primary process when Trump finally says something so inflammatory that his campaign collapses under his weight.

I agree with the premise that the party establishment is trying to rally around a winner, but I think it will be sometime before that happens. Bush and Rubio will be competing for the establishment vote for quite some time. Cruz and Huckabee can compete for the not-quite-establishment but not a total joke segment. Fiorina might be able to convince party leaders that this is a desperate election and they need to go way outside the box to beat Clinton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
No, Bush is the pure establishment neocon candidate. He isn't the pure tax cut anti-union libertarian puppet that Scott Walker was. Their money is more likely to go to Ted Cruz but he may be too crazy for them.
Ted Cruz should be too crazy for everyone. That he isn't is unfortunate for us all.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-21-2015 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: deletd quoted post

Old 09-21-2015, 05:12 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,959,277 times
One clown down....about 13 more to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections