Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 09:18 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Are you ok with the 3500 Muslims currently serving in the US military?
I m not....Maj Hassan Ft Hood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 11:01 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
I m not....Maj Hassan Ft Hood.

Right - except the 3500 right now are fighting (and could potentially die) in wars that you do not have to fight in. The fact that one guy (or girl) believes in one religion over another should really have NOTHING to do with it.

The problem with the original comment is that it fuels a preposterous belief among the pinheads in this country that Islam=bad, Christianity=good.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:32 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
A. It's scary that defending our Constitution is now leftist. Bigotries can't define our rule of law.
Uh, have you been in a decades long slumber? Leftists CONSTANTLY attack the US Constitution. They don't view it as anything other than an obstacle to their goals.

Quote:
B. Obama's been pretty moderate politically. Nothing anti-American and has in fact worked to expand the opportunity of America to a broader population of citizens who were left out due to prior bigotries.
Moderate? Nothing anti-American? REALLY? Twenty years in Reverend Wright's America hating church and... nothing anti-American... He's a hard Leftist. Always has been.

Quote:
C. I do love this country. I just don't love the racism, bigotry and other elements a large segment of the population holds because they believe this country is for white, Christian men.
A large segment of the population isn't racist and bigoted and believes the country is only for Christian white men. You've been trained like a monkey to believe that but it simply isn't true. You do not live in Reality. Sorry, that's just the truth.

Maybe you can assuage your guilt by moving to Canada.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:07 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Lol I swear you people are funny...
I'm not deciding anything just stating a fact that the supreme court has NO basis to even rule on these matters as it doesn't fall under the constitution but I guess this is to much for you to understand. It's suppose to go to the states...
As for the supreme court be careful what you people wish for because in the future they may decide against you and like I said before, the founder warned of a out of control supreme court.
I'm just stating the facts. I'm not saying I agree with the court's decisions, I'm simply saying that those decisions are theirs to make in our system of government, right or wrong.

I'll be the first to say that the SCOTUS, a panel of unelected lawyers, has WAY too much power in our democratic system, but it is what it is. The Supreme Court essentially has the power to re-write the Constitution if they wish, and we have to abide by that unless and until we have a better system.

If we can just ignore the SCOTUS because we don't like their ruling or don't think they have the authority to make that ruling, than where does it end? The whole system breaks down.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:25 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Right - except the 3500 right now are fighting (and could potentially die) in wars that you do not have to fight in. The fact that one guy (or girl) believes in one religion over another should really have NOTHING to do with it.

The problem with the original comment is that it fuels a preposterous belief among the pinheads in this country that Islam=bad, Christianity=good.
I wish all 3500 were thrown out of the military...I guess you forget the other attacks on American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan committed by Muslim Americans in uniform, try doing a bit of reading before you spout your cr*p

Who are the ones killing..be heading and other horrific acts of savage violence everyday?? Muslim that's who so take your b.s some place else or I have a good idea go move there and let me know how it works out for you.

Oh and I fight my own battles don't need a Muslim soldier for that.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:38 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Uh, have you been in a decades long slumber? Leftists CONSTANTLY attack the US Constitution. They don't view it as anything other than an obstacle to their goals.
Examples?

Quote:
Moderate? Nothing anti-American? REALLY? Twenty years in Reverend Wright's America hating church and... nothing anti-American... He's a hard Leftist. Always has been.
You're just preaching an extremist ideology with very simplistic black and white ideas. Reagan would have been a liberal to you.

Look at how you had to go back to some abstract church message (a church attended by many prominent black professionals like doctors, lawyers, business leaders, etc... - but wait - I thought Obama was a Muslim to you all. So confusing.)

You had no policies to cite after almost 7 years in office that qualify as hard left. You've no doubt been harping on Obama since 07 as someone determined to ruin our country. You probably sympathize with those bigoted Birther. You can't admit you were wrong now. You have to keep going back to the scary well.

Obamacare was designed by conservatives. Private sector jobs are growing by millions. Government jobs are shrinking. Record corporate profits. Obama's a terrible leftist. He's much more successful and proven to be a moderate.

Quote:
A large segment of the population isn't racist and bigoted and believes the country is only for Christian white men. You've been trained like a monkey to believe that but it simply isn't true. You do not live in Reality. Sorry, that's just the truth.

Maybe you can assuage your guilt by moving to Canada.
I think for myself. Just observing the posts from extreme right-wing posters on here is all the evidence I need to see deep-rooted bigotry, fear of brown people.

Funny, you claimed it wasn't true but had no way of actually proving your argument.

I win. Hopefully your time on here will help you deescalate your extremism.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:01 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt _farmer View Post
Communists/Liberals/Republicans/Fascists would never vote for someone who advocates Sharia, so the question is moot.

These people would.

Muslim parents taunt New Jersey school board over Eid al-Adha closure | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-24-2015, 09:29 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
He claims he wrote the Constitution and other founding documents?

I don't believe he said that.

All he said is that those documents are the supreme law of the land.

Which they are.

And they do NOT say the things that your side (and a corrupt, politicized majority of the Supreme Court) says that they say.
And what are your qualifications to place yourself above the Supreme Court?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It doesn't make sense to go around substituting the word 'black' for Muslim whenever it's convenient to make a feeble point.

Being black isn't an ideology or belief system about personal values, the role of government, or the connection between religion and government.
I'm not talking about ideologies. I'm talking about groups of people whom some feel are not qualified to be president. And through most of American history, Ben Carson was in one of those categories.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:40 PM

Some of you are suffering from the fallacy that this is a right versus left or liberal versus conservative issue. I'm a middle of the road Democrat, and I'm perfectly fine with -- in fact, think we should -- close immigration to countries which cannot reject extremism or live in peace with their neighbors. Within that group of nations I would include all of the Middle East, large swaths of Africa, Israel, and quite a few other countries. We have no obligation to have a generally open door immigration policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections