Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you believe WILL get the Democratic nomination for president?
Hillary Clinton 45 45.92%
Barack Obama 43 43.88%
Other 2 2.04%
Don't know and don't care! 8 8.16%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:09 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djBiZERK View Post
Ok. Simple enough, I believe Obama has the roots to become the humble world leader that we need to represent our county. I believe Hillary along with Bill would have a stronger force within their control of the United States. I also see Hillary as more a more passionate delegate, yes... but also with a tendancy to react negatively in pressure situations.

Obama is an amazing and intelligent speaker and is the most influential to the younger generation. The next generation thats about to run america. Obama, I believe is going to cure our representation with the world in ways that would probably give Bush nightmares. As a universal president, I believe OBAMA would make our country proud to be Americans across the globe once again!
Depends on if he takes the job seriously. As chairman of the senate subcomittee on European Affairs, he never took it upon himself to... ya know, VISIT Europe. He didn't show one iota or initiative or leadership with the position, and yet we're supposed to take him on "faith" that he can be leader of a nation recoiling from 8 years of mismanagement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,472,099 times
My prediction is that Barack Hussein Osama will win the presidency and by the end of it he will have everyone bowing to allah

Old 01-30-2008, 02:19 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,506,468 times
I want Obama and plan on voting for him on Feb 5th when CA holds its primary.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:26 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
I think Hillary will win the nomination. I'm glad that it seems McCain will take the GOP nomination, though, so I'll have someone to vote for if Obama pulls it off.

This election is just too important and I wouldn't be able to vote for someone who's big on talk but lacking in substance.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post

This election is just too important and I wouldn't be able to vote for someone who's big on talk but lacking in substance.
What made Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and George W Bush soooo substantive to begin with?

I dont understand why people fail to to see that in reality, any choice regardless of experience is basically a crapshoot. I mean, being governor of Arkansas is hardly a qualifier on foreign policy-being a B actor or failed oil exec arent very impressive either.

I wonder what people mean when they insist that "experience" is very important.

If the last 30 years is any indication of "experience", then Barak Obama is no less qualified than anyone else-least of which, Hillary Clinton, to be President. In fact, why not try our hand on someone who isnt yet part of an old establishment that is self serving and really perpetuates more of the same. Is that what we really want? More of the same? I sure as hell dont and will vote for the black guy next week.

Heck for that matter,
I think Romney is probably the best person to build concensus, I mean, he was the conservative governor elected into the state house of a true blue state. He was also a successful businessman who knows how to run a company and is not covered by the goop of do-nothingness that is present day DC in a nutshell.

Perhaps the two most odd candidates, the ones their parties wish would just go away are the ones best fit to take over now.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:19 PM

Governors have CEO experience and that's pertinent. Dubya, on the other hand, didn't have a good record here in Texas and I sure didn't vote for him!

Hillary has worked for Legal Aid and children's advocacy groups; she's served on various state and federal commissions regarding education, health care/insurance, employment laws, and more. She has lived and worked in Washington when she was the First Lady and I have no doubt she was active within the Administration. As a Senator, she has worked on domestic and foreign policy issues.

I think Obama jumped the gun in seeking the top job.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Governors have CEO experience and that's pertinent. Dubya, on the other hand, didn't have a good record here in Texas and I sure didn't vote for him!
Romney was a red Governor and was elected in a blue state.

Quote:
Hillary has worked for Legal Aid and children's advocacy groups; she's served on various state and federal commissions regarding education, health care/insurance, employment laws, and more. She has lived and worked in Washington when she was the First Lady and I have no doubt she was active within the Administration. As a Senator, she has worked on domestic and foreign policy issues.
Perhaps she's a bit too inside the loop-too much a part of a failed establishment. I think we need a fresh set of eyes and Barak Obama has got a good pair.

Quote:
On the flip side, I think John McCain is past his prime. He should have won in 2000 imHo and if it werent for Karl Rove smearing him he just might have won. Now, he seems too old and at 71, is better suited for retirement from public service, not in pursuit of public service's highest office.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:36 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,627 times
Quote:

Washington DC is replete with political hacks possessing a similarly impressive resume.

If anything, Obama's right on time. People are done with DC-style politicians serving themselves and ignoring us.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:45 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:

Let's not forget that recently, when representatives of Northern Ireland came to visit the United States, after meeting with Bush, the only other person they wanted to visit was HILLARY (not BILL) Clinton, to thank her for her work and contribution in brokering peace.

That's called experience folks. It matters.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Washington DC is replete with political hacks possessing a similarly impressive resume.

If anything, Obama's right on time. People are done with DC-style politicians serving themselves and ignoring us.
Um, I thought the Obama supporters' argument is that Hillary doesn't really have a lot of experience. And now y'all are saying she has too much?!

Geez, at least I'm consistent about being an "experience" voter, LOL. McCain gets my vote if Obama wins the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections