Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 08:46 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,473,186 times

Advertisements

full episode is online now at > The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Video - 9/22/2015 (Donald Trump, Dr. Ernest Moniz, Raury) - CBS.com

The Trump interview is after the first commercial break (15:20)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 08:52 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The highlighted line is incorrect. Trump refused to answer Colbert's question about Trump's birtherism and belief that Obama is not a U.S. citizen. And Colbert asked it several times and each time Trump says, "I don't talk about that anymore."
Even Donald the Birther knows that openly being a birther lets people know that really, truly, deep down inside, he's an idiot (as there can be no other explanation for being a birther).

Old 09-23-2015, 08:56 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That is an excellent point. Most polling shows that Americans support a path to citizenship. The more precise position may be that Americans would love to toss out the illegals if only they could. They have been told so many times that it can't be done that they have come to accept that the illegals are here to stay. If Trump says it enough, then they become inured to the concept of deportation and start believing that it is, indeed, possible.
Yes, media trying to play the people. Did anyone ever believe that a majority of Americans wanted criminals to have a pathway to citizenship? I had a pathway for them, just not to citizenship. People are coming together now that Trump has put "it" out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Deportation is possible... I am smart, but not as smart as the ivy league who says it can't be done

1) Fine employers who hire illegals, require e-verify, all employee's must be citizens or have proper doc's
2) Remove all welfare, benefits for illegals

Boom.... illegals will happily self deport home and then apply following the rules like everyone if they want to come back
Yes, and add this in for "perfection": The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution and Did Congress ever confer citizenship on anchor babies? - NetRight Daily Again, ask your elected public officials about these articles and what they mean to them. I am asking mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Fines are meaningless, cost of doing business, jail employers who hire illegals.
Agree, send them to jail. Fines have not worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Umm, illegals are already not entitled to welfare, SNAP and other benefits. What's that? They buy a fake ID and social security to receive welfare and benefits? Really? If that's true, why would the illegals stop doing that all of sudden when Mr. Trump is inaugurated? Please enlighten me.

Mick
Info: http://www.worksite-compliance.com/l..._00596457_.pdf This hands off policy that King Obama has in place has a lot of agencies just marking time knowing who the illegals are and waiting to be given the word that they can enforce. Too much is being let go now, stand by for action once the ball gets rolling. The anchor babies who aren't, see my links here on the 14th Amendment, are getting the majority of benefits. With Section 8 housing, one legal citizen, the supposed citizen anchor baby gets them into housing. The illegals are there and they know who they are so it is matter of enforcement. It isn't like we don't know who they are. I suppose our town will get hit heavily when it starts because they used to do raids here with the problem being the next Monday, the bus came in and a whole new load came in - thus the need for a wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The highlighted line is incorrect. Trump refused to answer Colbert's question about Trump's birtherism and belief that Obama is not a U.S. citizen. And Colbert asked it several times and each time Trump says, "I don't talk about that anymore."
What does this have to do with Trump or the election? It is not Trump's job to answer questions about King Obama who will be gone in: Countdown Timer - Countdown to Jan 20, 2017 in Washington DC

Out with the old, they don't matter anymore. I moved on from Obama at this point and I am sure many others have.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:04 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
I generally agree that it is 'not Trumps job' to answer questions about where President Obama was born.

However, do you remember far, far back to 2011 when Mr. Trump assembled his own crack team of investigators, and sent them to Hawaii to determine once and for all whether President Obama was born in Hawaii?

Trump sends investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

We had several threads about this subject back then.

Anyway, Mr. Trump opened the door to such questions. If he had not engaged in such activity, then it would be dumb for Colbert and others to ask him these questions. However, he did, and they do.

I wonder if Mr. Trump's team of investigators are still in Hawaii? We have heard little about the results.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:21 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,206,866 times
The results got Obama to release his long form birth certificate and the issue died. We still have never seen his college transcripts though.

Dead issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I generally agree that it is 'not Trumps job' to answer questions about where President Obama was born.

However, do you remember far, far back to 2011 when Mr. Trump assembled his own crack team of investigators, and sent them to Hawaii to determine once and for all whether President Obama was born in Hawaii?

Trump sends investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

We had several threads about this subject back then.

Anyway, Mr. Trump opened the door to such questions. If he had not engaged in such activity, then it would be dumb for Colbert and others to ask him these questions. However, he did, and they do.

I wonder if Mr. Trump's team of investigators are still in Hawaii? We have heard little about the results.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:26 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
The results got Obama to release his long form birth certificate and the issue died. We still have never seen his college transcripts though.

Dead issue.
Obama released it three days before the Correspondence Dinner, where he used it to make Trump the butt of many, many jokes. Watching Trump squirm was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. He owned Trump, and Trump knew it. It was another Obama win.

Please provide a citation that lists every other candidates' college transcripts. I'm certain you have that information. If not, it would lead me to think you are holding Obama to a standard that you aren't holding everyone else to, and you wouldn't do that, would you?

Old 09-23-2015, 10:31 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It is now abundantly clear that Trumps is for real. He is comfortable in his skin and doesn’t twist and turn trying to evade the question.
as has been pointed out, trump is doing all he can to evade any question on he's past birther comments and actions.

it's not a matter of trump having to "defend obama" but simply a matter of trump being called to task to support claims that he himself made ( or admit that he was wrong, something i doubt he's ever done ).

Old 09-23-2015, 10:38 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times
Quote:
The results got Obama to release his long form birth certificate and the issue died.
actually the release of the "long-form" birth certificate (LFBC) escalated the birther movement with the incompetent claim from sheriff joe arpaio's "cold case posse" that the LFBC was forged.

Quote:
We still have never seen his college transcripts though.
nor have we seen any other president's outside of one page of gw bush's yale transcript ( which had already been leaked by the new yorker 4 years before bush released it ).

Quote:
Dead issue.
and yet trump evades answering a simple yes or no question about it.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:26 PM

587 posts, read 379,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Trump owes the American public an explanation. He bombarded the media with this birther accusations, told Americans he will look into it(Like he will look into the Muslim training camps I guess) and then never bother to post the result.

Is that what we can expect from Trump? Empty promises and no answers.

Dana Bash: "Mr President(to Trump) it's already been 3 years since you became president and not a single illegal has been deported, the unemployment rate is up 10% and outsourcing is up, please explain"

"Dan, I don't talk about that anymore. Did you know Dana that I'm rich and successful, you look beautiful by the way, I love women"

In the meantime angry protesters will be treated with the same respect as those protesters in NYC outside Trump tower.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:37 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,780,104 times
Heck - Pul - that's all we've had for the past 6 years empty promises! I thought you'd be use to them by now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections