Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 07:25 AM

37,754 posts, read 40,844,087 times

Advertisements

With the Boehner news out, I often wonder why the other candidates running for president or the mouthpieces on TV never try to associate Rand Paul's assistance in getting Mitch McConnell re-elected to how badly he is doing in the presidential race. I'm only speaking of this strategically, not like I want them to do it/not do it. I'm just surprised they aren't, especially since they constantly tell us this is an "I hate Washington" election.

Do you think they just aren't bothering because he's not doing well without mentioning it? It was news when he went out of his way to help McConnell and McConnell sang his praises so I'm just surprised it isn't blowing up on him now. What's your take? Why aren't the other candidates or the news media mentioning it now?

Old 09-26-2015, 11:53 AM

22,140 posts, read 19,357,967 times
Paul isn't really doing well enough for it to become an issue. Also Cruz is really the only one in the field who has taken any issues with McConnell so he would really be the only one I could see making it an issue. Also keep in mind Bevin's challenge to McConnell wasn't close, and Bevin was viewed is as pretty far out there. If Bevin got a bit closer or was viewed a bit different perhaps it becomes a bigger issue.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:49 PM

37,754 posts, read 40,844,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Paul isn't really doing well enough for it to become an issue. Also Cruz is really the only one in the field who has taken any issues with McConnell so he would really be the only one I could see making it an issue. Also keep in mind Bevin's challenge to McConnell wasn't close, and Bevin was viewed is as pretty far out there. If Bevin got a bit closer or was viewed a bit different perhaps it becomes a bigger issue.
I was thinking it was the same reason no one went after Huntsman and his note where he said Obama was a remarkable leader and then underlined "remarkable" in case Obama missed it. I'm thinking if he was doing better, they'd use it but he wasn't doing well so no one bothered. Same about McConnell and Paul. They'd bring it up if he was doing better but he's not so no one has bothered which is what you said in the first sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections