Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 05:45 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Bill Clinton is concerned The King isn't the most pleasant person to be around and has image problem, so he makes Hillary to go to Steven Spielberg for some acting lessons. Wants her to act like nice person, concerned about the common person.

But The King wasn't having it, had a tantrum, started wreck the studio. Exclaimed.....

'I get $250,000 to give a speech, and these Hollywood jackasses are going to tell me how to do it!'

Bill Clinton's dreams of haunting the White House again with Anthony Wiener as wingman might not come to pass.

Bill Clinton made Hillary ask Steven Spielberg to help her appear more likeable | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 07:54 PM

23,552 posts, read 12,517,887 times
She needs to learn how to pretend that she likes the Dem voters?

If it weren't so pathetic it would almost be funny.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:04 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Affixing a title reserved for men on Hillary Clinton is incredibly demeaning, apparently.

Enjoy the landslide loss, right-winger.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:19 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Yet another fantasy book from Edward Klein?

Quote:
Klein has been criticized for his biography of Hillary Clinton, titled, The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President, which was released on June 21, 2005. Politico criticized the book for "serious factual errors, truncated and distorted quotes and overall themes [that] don't gibe with any other serious accounts of Clinton's life." The book was attacked not only by liberals, but by conservatives as well.

John Podhoretz wrote in the New York Post, "Thirty pages into it, I wanted to take a shower. Sixty pages into it, I wanted to be decontaminated. And 200 pages into it, I wanted someone to drive stakes through my eyes so I wouldn't have to suffer through another word."

In National Review James Geraghty wrote, “Folks, there are plenty of arguments against Hillary Clinton, her policies, her views, her proposals, and her philosophies. This stuff ain’t it. Nobody on the right, left, or center ought to stoop to this level.”

Kathryn Jean Lopez of National Review asked Klein in a June 20, 2005 interview, "Why on earth would you put such a terrible story in your book...that looks to be flimsily sourced at that?," regarding his suggestion that Chelsea Clinton was conceived in an act of marital rape. Facing criticism from both the left and right for making the claim, Klein eventually backed away from the insinuation in an interview with radio host Jim Bohannon on June 23, 2005

The British newspaper The Guardian pointed out a number of verifiable factual errors in Klein's 2014 book "Blood Feud".
Quote:
Klein has also come under fire for his use of anonymous quotes, purported to be from the subjects of his books, which he claims he received from anonymous insiders. The credibility of such quotes has been questioned by writers such as Joe Conason, Salon's Simon Malloy and conservative commentators Rush Limbaugh and Peggy Noonan. "Some of the quotes strike me as odd, in the sense that I don't know people who speak this way," Limbaugh said of Klein's work, describing the sources as "grade school chatter."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Klein

Mick

Old 09-28-2015, 01:30 AM

Wink Lighten Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Affixing a title reserved for men on Hillary Clinton is incredibly demeaning, apparently. Enjoy the landslide loss, right-winger.
Insult passed as argument only means you lack ability to address something that you ability to address something you don't like with logic or fact.

Furthermore, I voted for Bill Clinton twice and for Obama once. So your characterization is also incorrect. But I haven't sold myself to just one political party so I have no trouble calling out a politician with poor attempts at satire as I see fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yet another fantasy book from Edward Klein? Mick
Never heard of the person.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:05 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Never heard of the person.
This person you've never heard of, is from whom you've quoted for the subject of this thread.

At any rate, it sounds fake. If they had wanted to send video of Hillary's speeches to acting coaches to evaluate, there are numerous copies of that already televised on TV. There is no reason why they'd need to record her giving a speech in her living room.

So the Clinton made the camera man signed a confidentiality agreement, but just freely let Speilberg send the videos out to whomever. That essentially defeats the purpose of the confidentiality agreement. This part also sounds fake.

If there is a video of Hillary practicing her speech in her living room and there are acting coaches in Hollywood who have copies of it, I'm sure that video would have been leaked by now if it had existed.

And ALL the experts agreed on what the two flaws are?? Ha ha ha ha. That'd have been the first time in the history of men that all experts agreed on something. Acting coaches no less! Wow. I am certain this Klein fellow has never met an acting coach in his life.

WHY would the Clinton consult with acting coaches?? She's not trying to land a movie role! There are speech coaches for exactly this sort of thing, but no, Hillary went to acting coaches because....?

Old 09-28-2015, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This person you've never heard of, is from whom you've quoted for the subject of this thread.
Nope. I completely made up the Title & OP for this topic except where the forum software inserted verbiage for link.

But I do take note this is the only defense that I ever see for Hillary's antics. Make it about the messenger instead of the message.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:31 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Nope. I completely made up the Title & OP for this topic except where the forum software inserted verbiage for link.

This writer whose name you've never heard of - you have been quoting directly from excerpts of his book!!

Spielberg tried – and failed – to make Hillary seem likeable | New York Post

Just how dumb are you?

Quote:
But I do take note this is the only defense that I ever see for Hillary's antics. Make it about the messenger instead of the message.
When the messenger fabricates stories, yes, the problem is with the messenger.

But apparently there are plenty of idiots out there who treat fiction as facts.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Just how dumb are you?
Insult passed as argument only means you have nothing meaningful to say.

People with logic & fact don't need this tactic. Show me where anyone refers to Hillary Clinton as "King Hillary" or "The King".

Then again, I'd expect nothing less from The King's subjects. They attempt to shoot messenger instead of addressing message, because they have no defense of the current idiocy of the King.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:48 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Affixing a title reserved for men on Hillary Clinton is incredibly demeaning, apparently.

Enjoy the landslide loss, right-winger.

If Hollyweird determined the election, Clinton would win in in a landslide.

And, BTW, Spielberg has been one of this dame's million-dollar, SuperPac contributors for years. If Obama can solicit him to "concoct his legacy," The HillBillys can ask for "likeability pointers." Even if they don't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections