Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 01:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh, I was just making fun of his horrible speech where he went through about 20 of those little bottles of water. He gets thirsty when he gets nervous.
ok, I can buy that one. And yes, you are right about his apparently getting nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 01:42 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I am around your grand daughter's age, and I think Rubio is a dork.
But then again, everybody has different opinion, especially when it comes to "good looks"

If you like him, vote for him. sheesh

and of course him being a dork is my opinion, am I saying I speak for everybody else? Jesus. God helps us all.
Calling him a pretty boy doesn't mean people want to date him, it means his looks can get people's attention. It just means he is somewhere between a little above average and handsome. I would say Clinton, Kennedy,and to some extend Obama were pretty boys. Even W. Bush was kind of attractive when he was running for president.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I am around your grand daughter's age, and I think Rubio is a dork.
But then again, everybody has different opinion, especially when it comes to "good looks"

If you like him, vote for him. sheesh

and of course him being a dork is my opinion, am I saying I speak for everybody else? Jesus. God helps us all.
As for supporting him? I am not supporting him at this time, but am thinking seriously about doing so. BTW, I was raised in So. Ca in the day of conservative politics. today I know how it has changed. My granddaughters were raised in Texas and got their degrees from schools outside CA. Maybe that is why they feel differently. One got her BS from Colo State and masters from OU. the other AR.

Looks wise we will just have to agree to disagree. That is what these forums are all about. Hopefully they stay somewhat civilized...

Old 09-30-2015, 01:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
That was an old speech, his body language and speech speed were terrible but his content was acceptable talk for a presidential candidate. He has improved since then and people are seeing that. I'm still waiting for Trump to complete a sentence in a speech or interview. Please don't direct me to his website, we all know he doesn't write his Tweets or the content on his website.

How many times a day does Trump call himself or someone else a "nice" or "not a nice" guy. That's the way children in elementary school speak.
Oh but it is still funny, granted Trump is much more funny. If you ever need a good laugh, there are Youtube videos that Trump made from his desk where he talks about current events at the time. The amount of nonsense he would say made you think he thought about wearing a tinfoil hat while filming.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:56 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As for supporting him? I am not supporting him at this time, but am thinking seriously about doing so. BTW, I was raised in So. Ca in the day of conservative politics. today I know how it has changed. My granddaughters were raised in Texas and got their degrees from schools outside CA. Maybe that is why they feel differently. One got her BS from Colo State and masters from OU. the other AR.

Looks wise we will just have to agree to disagree. That is what these forums are all about. Hopefully they stay somewhat civilized...
well, I would like to believe I have always been civilized.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:06 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
I consistently said that Rubio is an excellent choice, along with Bush and Kasich. Rubio is the only candidate who can actually bridge the gap between the moderates and the Tea Party and appeal to both.

Oh and the "Waterboy" video is like 5 years old. He had just been elected to the US Senate and it was one of his first big national moments, cut the guy some slack

Old 09-30-2015, 02:10 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh but it is still funny, granted Trump is much more funny. If you ever need a good laugh, there are Youtube videos that Trump made from his desk where he talks about current events at the time. The amount of nonsense he would say made you think he thought about wearing a tinfoil hat while filming.
He can't speak. One thing I will say though about Trump I haven't seen him not understanding a question yet. His problem seems to be expressing his thoughts coherently.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

Oh and the "Waterboy" video is like 5 years old. He had just been elected to the US Senate and it was one of his first big national moments, cut the guy some slack
well, not ready five years ago, not ready now. No one can grow up overnight, or in five years.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:42 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Rubio is soft

Old 09-30-2015, 02:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Rubio is soft
I have never felt Rubio before, but he does look like he uses moisturizers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections