Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 06:30 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,465,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Oh and the "Waterboy" video is like 5 years old. He had just been elected to the US Senate and it was one of his first big national moments, cut the guy some slack
The waterboy speech was in 2013. Yep - he is still wet behind the ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 06:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,149,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The waterboy speech was in 2013. Yep - he is still wet behind the ears.
And dry in the mouth.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:27 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,429,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Wet behind the ears???? Marco Rubio was the Speaker of the House in Florida before being elected US Senator.
So what?

I swept floors once.

I don't expect praise for that.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:35 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,429,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As I have said, I don't put much into these types or any polls for that matter this early, but I am also tired of hearing: he doesn't have experience and yet some of those same people are willing to sell their bodies just to get Trump elected. What is wrong with this picture? How much experience did kennedy have when he was elected. How many realize prior to being elected Senator, Rubio was speaker of the house in Florida. Or I think I have that right?
Yeah, Kennedy was just great.

Got us into that little kerfluffle called "The Vietnam War."

Also presided over the failed Bay of Pigs invasion.

Then there was his brother, Teddy, who changed America into a Third World country.

Just gotta love those Kennedys!

Old 10-01-2015, 04:48 AM

29,209 posts, read 22,330,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Dems are clearly terrified of Marco Rubio. Have you ever heard him speak? Unlike Barack Obama, Marco Rubio actually may be a once in a generation orator.
Terrified? Nope. He's no worry at all for the Democrats despite your delusion.

Rubio is a better speaker by far than Bush, for sure, but so is just about everyone in the candidate field. Bush is dropping because he can't rouse a partisan audience.

With so many GOP candidates, its very easy to forget just how much campaign trail lies ahead. Jeb has enough funding to go all the way, but he's the only Republican who has that much.

Rubio could well be broke by next year, as he hates to do fund raising. If Trump hangs in all the way, like he says he will, Marco won't last until next summer, when things will become serious.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,630,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Yeah, Kennedy was just great.

Got us into that little kerfluffle called "The Vietnam War."

Also presided over the failed Bay of Pigs invasion.

Then there was his brother, Teddy, who changed America into a Third World country.

Just gotta love those Kennedys!
Holy cow: I am not and never was a supporter of the Kennedy's. I guess you haven't read many of my posts: I was just giving an example. Many on here that love to point out Rubio's lack of experience are the same ones that would tell us how great Kennedy was. The same with Obama, people say Rubio is too inexperienced but they support Obama. I guess you are not seeing this?

And your comment about sweeping floors: I really don't see what that has to do with being speaker of the house: can't you find a better comparison then that?

Old 10-01-2015, 07:10 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,108,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is LAUGHABLE that some low info voters (Republicans especially) believe Marco Rubio can win Hispanic votes.
I agree, but Rubio does much better than other Republican candidates among Hispanics (a low bar, to be sure). Ironic, since Cubans don't consider themselves Hispanics.

Mick

Old 10-01-2015, 07:17 AM

37,791 posts, read 40,973,828 times
They would have been a lot richer if back in July they bet on every time the political pundits were wrong this campaign season. I would imagine the hot political betting now is whether Biden will get in.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,630,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They would have been a lot richer if back in July they bet on every time the political pundits were wrong this campaign season. I would imagine the hot political betting now is whether Biden will get in.
you are probably right about the debate or betting on whether or not the old man will decide to give it another try.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:37 AM

20,014 posts, read 20,802,317 times
None of them stand a chance. Bush will get the nod one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections