Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 02:36 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times

Advertisements

Rick Sanchez: Deciphering Ben Carson

Quote:
“Does anybody remember throwing rocks at cars when you were young?” Carson asked. “Everybody did it, because it was so much fun. Those old people, they would get angry, and stop the car and chase you.”

Carson seemed annoyed when only a couple of people in the bewildered audience raised their hands. So he then went on to castigate the audience saying that only a few of them were “honest people.”
Whhhhaaaaaaatttttt? No words, I simply have no words to describe this level of .... stupid. Just when I thought it was impossible for Carson to say anything stupider than what he has previously said (Muslims, Obamacare = slavery, the 'cancelling' of the election, etc) he goes off and blows my mind.

And to think, this guy once performed brain surgery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 02:39 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

Whhhhaaaaaaatttttt? No words, I simply have no words to describe this level of .... stupid. Just when I thought it was impossible for Carson to say anything stupider than what he has previously said (Muslims, Obamacare = slavery, the 'cancelling' of the election, etc) he goes off and blows my mind.

This guy threw rocks at cars for fun?

Wouldn't that make him a thug?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:

Have you heard him talk about his childhood and how easy it would have been for him to turn out like many inner city kids? The strength of his mother helped save him. I am impressed when he says things like this. Do I support him? No, because I don't think he has the experience but I certainly respect what he has accomplihed when the odds were against him.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:45 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This guy threw rocks at cars for fun?

Wouldn't that make him a thug?
It certainly seems like he actually did this, or maybe it was a really, really poor attempt at connecting with people? But what normal people go around throwing rocks at cars? Why would he think it's a normal thing to do? Ben Carson ... uggh

Old 10-02-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Have you heard him talk about his childhood and how easy it would have been for him to turn out like many inner city kids? The strength of his mother helped save him. I am impressed when he says things like this. Do I support him? No, because I don't think he has the experience but I certainly respect what he has accomplihed when the odds were against him.
Did you read what he said? He said it was fun, and went on to relate how much he enjoyed it when those old people would get angry and chase them.

Now if he had added, "and of course, in retrospect I realize there was nothing funny about it," I might concede your point. But no, instead he berated his audience for not sharing his mirth. Obviously, all these years later, he still thinks this is one of those cute childhood stories that was all in good fun. If you've ever had a rock hit your car (I had a rock encased in a snowball thrown at my car once) you will know that there is nothing fun or funny about it. But Dr. Carson seems not to get that.

I'm seriously starting to wonder at this man's mental health. Maybe he is suffering from some form of dementia. I honestly can think of no other reason why someone who is supposed to be so brilliant sounds like an complete imbecile every time he opens his mouth.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:56 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:

lol yeah pretty strange. I think tinder is fun, and rock throwing belongs to old people

Old 10-02-2015, 03:02 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
It certainly seems like he actually did this, or maybe it was a really, really poor attempt at connecting with people? But what normal people go around throwing rocks at cars? Why would he think it's a normal thing to do? Ben Carson ... uggh
Obviously he is connecting. He just raised $20 million.

He is obviously doing something right when he is beating 13 other candidates in polls and funds raised.

By the way Rich Sanchez is an idiot. He is a Miami local and we know him well. I know people who worked with him. I bet he never played outside but stayed home watching tv while his cuban grandmother overfed him with "masitas de puerco".

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 10-02-2015 at 03:10 PM..

Old 10-02-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Obviously he is connecting. He just raised $20 million.

He is obviously doing something right when he is beating 13 other candidates in polls and funds raised.
And that may be the scariest part of it. Who are these people that think the idiotic things he says are okay?

Old 10-02-2015, 03:14 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And that may be the scariest part of it. Who are these people that think the idiotic things he says are okay?
Who knows. Obviously they don't post here, just like you rarely see people supporting Hillary but she wins all polls. I also wanna know who Carson supporters are. We only get vocal Trumpets and some Bernie Sanders followers. Well we have Lily who is an unconditional Rand Paul supporter.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:50 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,938 times
I skipped a few rocks across the pond. I never them them at cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections