Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:33 PM

25,792 posts, read 21,949,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
This isn't about Obama. Try to stay focused.

LMAO Read the article in the link I posted in the OP, then comment. Post fail

This isn't about Obama or Powell. Try to stay focused.
Where did you come up with "I just won't rent to them" that is you, yourself saying that because Trump never said that. You did it to mislead people. Nothing but Trump envy of which you appear very focused to the point of being, well.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
This post will have no effect on Mr. Trump's poll numbers. In fact, his supporters just became bigger fans, if that's even possible.

Mick
Keep in mind that it was Loveshiscountry, whichever country that is, that quoted Trump, see the " " and added his own comment saying "I just won't rent to them". It wasn't Trump that said that it was the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If it is one of his companies, then he is responsible, as he is the one running it. He got control of the company in 1971. And I made no mention of section 8. I was not talking about that.

I wasn't going to vote for Trump before. His comment about POW's made me lose all respect for him. And I was not talking about illegals.

Even if this was 40 years ago, the fact that it happened makes me nervous. Even if he does "offer the most", he isn't doing himself any favors with stuff like this. His comment to John R. O'Donnell made me think about some things. This is where I stand. If someone will make really stupid comments like that, then said person might do stupid things. The way I see it, a good way NOT to alienate the voting base you want to go for is to watch what you say. Anyone who might say "I don' want Blacks counting my money", I question that person because is speaks to their mindset.

I am very aware that amnesty does no favors for Blacks. This has been established. You have also mentioned that Blacks have been attacked on C-D. A few posters stated that some construction employers would rather not hire Blacks. One person even admitted he would never hire Blacks. That tells me this. Even if amnesty was done away with and illegals deported, this would not do away with discrimination. Amnesty would open up alot of jobs. I agree. However, would it stop employment discrimination? Would it stop the "it's who you know" phenomenon?

And about me. I was unemployed at one point. I also have a college diploma. I am employed now and doing alright. What concerns me is going to be different from what will concern someone else. In my case, as long as I'm working and making decent money, other things will be more pressing.
Your comment is fair. But, I tried to google for it and they pull just "one liners" for Trump and I could not find the context where he said he didn't want a blackman counting his money. I want to know if he was talking about a specific person and in what context. If you can point me in that direction, I'd appreciate it. As I said, I did find the isolated "one liner" but it didn't make sense. He instead seems to prefer someone that is Jewish by the hat he spoke of in his preference. I would just like to see something other than the one liner.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:37 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Where did you come up with "I just won't rent to them" that is you, yourself saying that because Trump never said that. You did it to mislead people. Nothing but Trump envy of which you appear very focused to the point of being, well.................
I didn't mislead anyway. You can't put 2 and 2 together. He was taken to court for not renting to blacks. Read much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Keep in mind that it was Loveshiscountry, whichever country that is, that quoted Trump, see the " " and added his own comment saying "I just won't rent to them". It wasn't Trump that said that it was the OP.
His actions said it. I wouldn't expect a Trumpbot to understand that. But words speak louder than actions right? pffft

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 10-06-2015 at 06:48 PM..

Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 PM

198 posts, read 258,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I'm not surprised they would go digging for something like this. The Trump haters have realized that his stance on immigration and his focus on jobs appeal all Americans including blacks. It doesn't fit their narrative, so they have to re-ignite rumors and settled court cases from three decades ago. Things like this make the anti-Trump crowd nervous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAQADDq5QA
I watched the video. I'm not worried at all. Donald Trump feeds off of insulting everyone. He is impulsive, unrestrained, and unprofessional. Yes, it is politically incorrect; but it's more than that, it's also a potential disaster, the last thing I would want is him negotiating with Putin. He'd hurt our reputation abroad. America would not become feared, but it would become a laughingstock of the world.
With that being said, I do prefer Donald Trump and respect his positions over the moronic Ben Carson, puppet Hillary and Carly Fiorina who rival and even surpass him in sheer absurdity- Ben Carsons comments recent comments about mass shootings topped with some previous statements really make me wonder if he performed an unsuccessful brain surgery on himself. As for Fiorina, she is a liar and a failure of a businesswoman. Am I afraid of Trump? No. He has a mixed favorability rating among Republicans and a horrendous favorability rating among others. You can claim he's electable, but really, only a fraction of people are passionate about him. Many others... will not consider voting for him.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I just finished the article, and nowhere, I repeat, nowhere, did I see Trump say he would not rent to blacks.
He was accused of it, but according to that article, charges were dismissed, or not proven.
It was mentioned that he settled one case, but he may have done that, not out of guilt, but rather he has more important things to do than be tied up in court with charges that were not true.
I am not going to defend Trump other than to state the obvious, and that is, You are guilty of putting words into his mouth that he did not say.
LMAO He was found guilty of not renting to blacks and it was settled out of court. Then he was accused again. You Trumpbots are as disgusting as the Obamabots. Truth means little to you.

Again
Two years later, Trump Management settled the case, promising not to discriminate against blacks, Puerto Ricans and other minorities. As part of the agreement, Trump was required to send its list of vacancies in its 15,000 apartments to a civil-rights group, giving them first priority in providing applicants for certain apartments,

Lie to yourself if it helps you sleep at night
Quote:
If you don't like Trump, just say it, but don't try embellishing statements to fit your own desires.
He NEVER stated he would not rent to blacks.
He never stated it? LOL (As if one can believe anything out of that flip flopping panderers mouth.) His actions proved it. Your inability to think and put 2 and 2 together is your fault not mine.

Quote:
Perhaps a better heading for this thread would have been," Was Trump guilty of race discrimination in renting his property?"

Putting words in his mouth to satisfy yourself is just plain stupid.

Bob.
The inability to NOT formulate a thought process is just plain stupid

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 10-06-2015 at 06:56 PM..

Old 10-06-2015, 06:58 PM

8,503 posts, read 10,916,437 times
Quote:
LMAO He was found guilty of not renting to blacks and it was settled out of court. Then he was accused again. You Trumpbots are as disgusting as the Obamabots. Truth means little to you.

Again
Two years later, Trump Management settled the case, promising not to discriminate against blacks, Puerto Ricans and other minorities. As part of the agreement, Trump was required to send its list of vacancies in its 15,000 apartments to a civil-rights group, giving them first priority in providing applicants for certain apartments,

Lie to yourself if it helps you sleep at night
He never stated it. As if one can believe anything out of that flip flopping panderers mouth. His actions proved it. Your inability to think and put 2 and 2 together is your fault not mine.

The inability to NOT formulate a thought process is just plain stupid

I will not get into a pissin match with you.
Again, you are the one stating by the heading in this thread that you started, that Trump said "I won't rent to blacks".
By including that in your heading, you made it appear he said that, which he did not.
You are just trying to make potential voters stay away from voting for him.
Sorry pal, you don't win this one.

Bob.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I will not get into a pissin match with you.
Again, you are the one stating by the heading in this thread that you started, that Trump said "I won't rent to blacks".
By including that in your heading, you made it appear he said that, which he did not.
It's not in quotes so that's your misguided perception. But the theme is the same, as his actions proved it.
Again he went to court for not renting to blacks and settled out of court, then was accused again.

If you don't like the truth, which is obvious to those who support the flip flopping panderer Trump, that's on you

Quote:
You are just trying to make potential voters stay away from voting for him.
Sorry pal, you don't win this one.

Bob.
Because the truth means little to you Obamabots, I mean Trumpbots

Old 10-06-2015, 07:26 PM

8,503 posts, read 10,916,437 times
Quote:
It's not in quotes so that's your misguided perception. But the theme is the same, as his actions proved it.
Again he went to court for not renting to blacks and settled out of court, then was accused again.

If you don't like the truth, which is obvious to those who support the flip flopping panderer Trump, that's on you

Because the truth means little to you Obamabots, I mean Trumpbots

You know as well as I, and the rest of us, that Trump didn't say what you stated, so why did you think it necessary to put it in your post heading making people believe he did say it?
Reasonable question, got a reasonable answer?
You are ridiculous.

Bob.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:09 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Quote:
his New York real estate company was sued by the federal government for discriminating against potential black renters. After a lengthy legal battle, it ultimately agreed to wide-ranging steps to offer rentals to nonwhites.

The case alleged that the Trump Management Corporation had discriminated against blacks who wished to rent apartments in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. The government charged the corporation with quoting different rental terms and conditions to blacks and whites and lying to blacks that apartments were not available, according to reports of the lawsuit.

Donald Trump Was Once Sued By Justice Department For Not Renting To Blacks
You found a story that was printed 4 years ago about something that happened, as Middle Age Mom stated, 40 years ago.

Are you people this desperate about Trump?

Old 10-08-2015, 03:37 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,329,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I would hope if you know about it, you report it- and if not you are part of the problem. I do not think it is directly Trump's call on that- I worked as a leasing agent once- and its all just numbers that go to the home office or HQ. They come once a month to look around but they had NO clue what my BATTY manager would do-- I never saw racial problems but she had preferences and boot people off- I quit after 6 months, and stayed that long, only to show was not a job hopper-to my next employer

Why? It's their rental property, not mine. I don't know any of the specifics of the people they wouldn't rent to, nor did I ever meet them. I just know from what they tell/told me how they feel about renting to Section 8 and minority tenants (some of whom I heard did considerable damage when they rented in the past). Getting on my high horse in "righteous indignation" and blowing the whistle by saying, " I don't have any proof, but ***** doesn't have any non-white tenants and I know it's because he says he has no use for minorities/is a racist" wouldn't get very far.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:37 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,646,405 times
A lot of people don't want to rent to section 8 and honestly why would anyone expect Trump to rent a million dollar apartment to section 8!

I never heard Trump is building in the lower segment of the market but mostly upscale and sorry for section 8 renters... no free pass to live upscale on a section 8 voucher.

All of our rentals with a pool are getting the most calls from section 8 renters, which always makes us wonder why they don't call for any other rental.

Oh yes, actually we do understand that section 8 renters tend to be more at home and of course they like to enjoy more pool time. Even if that means they have to offer to pay above what section 8 will allow them!

Les that makes Trump special or weird. Heck no as we have stopped handling section 8 properties as it was nothing than a nightmare and even some of the owners are in that market to scam the system, not just the tenants.

Very sadly the section 8 tenants who really need that voucher and are doing the right thing are the real victims.

Section 8 department is another issue as the case workers seem to be more sick or on vacation than at work making the backlogs even longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.