Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 01:32 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times

Advertisements

Trump deals with both government and business entities while conducting business deals. Does anyone truly believe he insults the very people he was trying to negotiate a deal with? Get real.

As far as his platform, the people who accuse him of having none are the ones who never listen to his speeches or read his policies he has released. If you disagree with him after becoming informed, fine. But the knee-jerk reaction you have just because you don't care for his personality does not mean he has no positions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 02:15 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yet, to you, it's okay when other politicians run similar ads. Correct?
Nope.....it would indicate to me the candidate is desperate......but to call a 43 yr old senator a boy is very insulting.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:23 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
There is a big difference in the order of magnitude with Trump's behavior compared with the rest of the candidates. Come off it.
No, YOU "come off it". Do some research into past campaigns---you know, even the ones that happened way before you were born. You will find some ads that are truly bad. Of course, you won't do that because you are all about attacking Trump while giving other candidates a free pass.

As for distasteful ads, you will also find (if you do research) democrat candidates have done some that are bad, too. Neither party holds the high ground when it comes to this issue. Period.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:13 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
No, YOU "come off it". Do some research into past campaigns---you know, even the ones that happened way before you were born. You will find some ads that are truly bad. Of course, you won't do that because you are all about attacking Trump while giving other candidates a free pass.

As for distasteful ads, you will also find (if you do research) democrat candidates have done some that are bad, too. Neither party holds the high ground when it comes to this issue. Period.
So what? I'm actually a student of politics and know all about that. Big deal. Lee Atwater, for example.

I'm just saying that Trump's personal behavior reminds me a lot of elementary and middle school student behavior. The petty thin-skinned tweets, the bullying behavior, the inability to avoid attack, attack, attack. Like a little kid. Maybe the person that comes close in recent years is Sarah Palin, who just couldn't leave anything alone (and who loved to attack others but acted aggrieved when someone returned the favor). I'm volunteering in my kids' school to teach them about "not taking the bait" and not bucket dipping (to put down others) and it's just uncanny how Trump is the poster child (pun intended) about someone not to emulate in school.

It's funny how your Trump fanboi mania just gets your knickers in a twist about it. Come to think about it, just like the Donald. Loves to dish it out but can't take it.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:14 AM

"Trump fanboi mania" ROTFLMAO! Thanks for the laugh!

If anyone is getting her knickers in a twist, I would say that it is YOU. As a student of politics, you should know that worse has happened during campaigns---on both sides of the aisle, yet you can't let it go when it comes to Trump. It's clear that you dislike him and feel the need to reinforce that again and again. Eh...what ever

So, it's clear that you want "a nice guy" as the next president. Which "nice guy" are you voting for? And is that your only criteria for deciding who to vote for?

Old 10-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
"Trump fanboi mania" ROTFLMAO! Thanks for the laugh!

If anyone is getting her knickers in a twist, I would say that it is YOU. As a student of politics, you should know that worse has happened during campaigns---on both sides of the aisle, yet you can't let it go when it comes to Trump. It's clear that you dislike him and feel the need to reinforce that again and again. Eh...what ever

So, it's clear that you want "a nice guy" as the next president. Which "nice guy" are you voting for? And is that your only criteria for deciding who to vote for?
No, I'm just making an observation. It looks like you're taking it really emotionally about Trump, not me. I just don't want my kids emulating his over the top behavior. Let's just leave it at that since it's a waste of time trying to engage you in a rational manner.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:11 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm open to Rubio because his grasp on foreign policy and wouldn't mind seeing him in the cabinet as Sec of State if called upon. He's clearly strongest in that subject and our current situation with Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan have got to be resolved quickly by whomever takes over in 2016. We don't know enough about him (like we didn't with John Edwards).
Secretary of State? According to Wikipedia, these are the duties of the Secretary of State:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...etary_of_State

The specific duties of the Secretary of State include:

Organizes and supervises the entire United States Department of State and the United States Foreign Service. Rubio: No way. No experience running anything more than office staff, nothing of magnitude. Clinton didn't have any, either, and look at her messes. Here are all of the offices under the Secretary of State:

Department Organization

Advises the President on matters relating to U.S. foreign policy, including the appointment of diplomatic representatives to other nations, and on the acceptance or dismissal of representatives from other nations. Rubio: He could do this. In fact, I'm thinking if Rubio got a job in someone else's administration, he's most qualified as an Advisor/Czar.

Participates in high-level negotiations with other countries, either bilaterally or as part of an international conference or organization, or appoints representatives to do so. This includes the negotiation of international treaties and other agreements. Rubio: There is absolutely nothing in his resume that shows him experienced in making/negotiating deals/treaties. He talks about them, he criticizes them, he votes on them, he gets interviewed about them. That's it.

Responsible for overall direction, coordination, and supervision of interdepartmental activities of the U.S. Government overseas. Rubio: Coordinating, that's an analyst skill - he could probably do that. Supervision - no. Direction - Nothing to indicate he could.

Providing information and services to U.S. citizens living or traveling abroad, including providing credentials in the form of passports and visas. Rubio: Overseeing the providing of information, he could do that. Anything to do with providing info or communicating he'd do well. Anything to do with managing, implementing, deal-making, crisis handling - No.

Supervises the United States immigration policy abroad. Rubio: No, that's a managerial job.

Communicates issues relating the United States foreign policy to Congress and to U.S. citizens. Rubio: Yes, he would be very good at this.

Rubio and many other Senators chose a career track where leading/managing/executing/big decision-making was not involved. If he wants that kind of job now, then his experience is a mismatch for the job. There's nothing wrong with Rubio that 4 years as a governor couldn't fix. He's young, relatively speaking. Let him go home and be governor then try again in the future. The world is too dangerous for his lack of experience in an executive role.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:36 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,787,376 times
I totally don't get the love affair with Donald Trump. My biggest fear are the corporations that are buying our government/politicians with PACS and campaign contributions. Please explain to me how Donald Trump would be good for the republic if he is applying corporate principals to a democratic society? I don't believe that corporations are people too. Thanks.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
No, I'm just making an observation. It looks like you're taking it really emotionally about Trump, not me. I just don't want my kids emulating his over the top behavior. Let's just leave it at that since it's a waste of time trying to engage you in a rational manner.
Uh huh. And what about any democrats who engage in "over the top behavior"? Do you hold them to the same standard? Would you hold them up as bad examples to your kids?

You are the one who can't be engaged with in a rational manner. So, yes, just end this now.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Uh huh. And what about any democrats who engage in "over the top behavior"? Do you hold them to the same standard? Would you hold them up as bad examples to your kids?

You are the one who can't be engaged with in a rational manner. So, yes, just end this now.
Ah, just like Trump. Can't stop being combative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections