Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 08:45 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
There is no "plan" in his statement.
"Bring America back to its rightful owners—the American people" - is not a plan. It's a platitude.

I’m not going to play the same game politicians have been playing for decades—all talk, no action, while special interests and lobbyists dictate our laws. I am shaking up the establishment on both sides of the political aisle because I can’t be bought. I want to bring America back, to make it great and prosperous again, and to be sure we are respected by our allies and feared by our adversaries. - is not a plan. It's a platitude.

It’s time for action. Americans are fed up with politics as usual. - is not a plan. It's a platitude.

And they should be! In this book, I outline my vision to make America great again, including: how to fix our failing economy; how to reform health care so it is more efficient, cost-effective, and doesn’t alienate both doctors and patients; how to rebuild our military and start winning wars—instead of watching our enemies take over—while keeping our promises to our great veterans; how to ensure that our education system offers the resources that allow our students to compete internationally, so tomorrow’s jobseekers have the tools they need to succeed; and how to immediately bring jobs back to America by closing our doors to illegal immigrants, and pressuring businesses to produce their goods at home.
-none of those have any specifics. Those are platitudes.

How is Mr. Trump going to rebuild our military? Who says it need any rebuilding in the first place?

How is he going to fix the economy? More tax-cuts for billionaires?
Don't be so intellectually lazy......go to his website and read his policies. He has released policies on Immigration Reform, Tax Reform and Second Amendment Rights. I can almost guarantee you haven't read any of them. Whoever you are supporting, I hope you can find exactly what policies they have released.

If you don't like Trump, for God's sake at least base it on an intelligent decision rather than just a dislike of the personality.

As far as rebuilding our military, the problems with preparedness, equipment and technology had been addressed years ago. Forbes Welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 10:08 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
The left is scared to death of Trump as well they should be. The absolute BS posted by them in this thread and all the other anti-Trump threads reveals not only their fear of an actual leader who appeals to a broad range of people but is everything their jug-eared fool is not (not to mention Cankles, Plugs, and Old Man Sanders).

Old 10-08-2015, 05:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The left is scared to death of Trump as well they should be.
Bring. him. on.

Why would the left be afraid of the guy driving the clown car? They WANT Trump as the nominee. They waltz into the White House if Trump is the nominee. Their worst nightmare is if he's peaked and his poll numbers start going down. The left freaking loves Donald Trump.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:07 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
It's fascinating how so many here are taken in by vague platitudes. "It’s time for action. Americans are fed up with politics as usual."

OK, what action is Mr. Trump going to take that's different? OK, he doesn't like politics as usual, what does that specifically mean and what is he going to do differently?

So far, all he has issued that was specific was his tax plan, that is the same old GOP tax plan, cut taxes on the rich, which grows the debt by trillions.
Yet many were taken by "hope and change". Talk about "vague platitudes"! Did you vote for Obama?

Old 10-08-2015, 06:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
It's fascinating how so many here are taken in by vague platitudes. "It’s time for action. Americans are fed up with politics as usual."

OK, what action is Mr. Trump going to take that's different? OK, he doesn't like politics as usual, what does that specifically mean and what is he going to do differently?

So far, all he has issued that was specific was his tax plan, that is the same old GOP tax plan, cut taxes on the rich, which grows the debt by trillions.
Like Hillary? Many people believe her line of bull, tho Sanders is closing in on her.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:18 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
"Bring America back to its rightful owners—the American people" - is not a plan. It's a platitude.
Listen, people are up to their ears in “plans”. Nothing happens. This time I want to put my trust in someone who I believe will actually DO something. I don’t need a signed contract this time. A handshake is enough.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:

I’m not going to play the same game politicians have been playing for decades—all talk, no action, while special interests and lobbyists dictate our laws. I am shaking up the establishment on both sides of the political aisle because I can’t be bought. I want to bring America back, to make it great and prosperous again, and to be sure we are respected by our allies and feared by our adversaries. - is not a plan. It's a platitude.

It’s time for action. Americans are fed up with politics as usual. - is not a plan. It's a platitude.

And they should be! In this book, I outline my vision to make America great again, including: how to fix our failing economy; how to reform health care so it is more efficient, cost-effective, and doesn’t alienate both doctors and patients; how to rebuild our military and start winning wars—instead of watching our enemies take over—while keeping our promises to our great veterans; how to ensure that our education system offers the resources that allow our students to compete internationally, so tomorrow’s jobseekers have the tools they need to succeed; and how to immediately bring jobs back to America by closing our doors to illegal immigrants, and pressuring businesses to produce their goods at home.
-none of those have any specifics. Those are platitudes.

How is Mr. Trump going to rebuild our military? Who says it need any rebuilding in the first place?

How is he going to fix the economy? More tax-cuts for billionaires?
Since his book is on pre-order, no one here has read it. I will assume it's like any other campaigning politician's book. I've read a Rand Paul book. I read a Rick Perry book. I even read Obama's book. They're pretty much all the same -- A little bio, a lot of vision, a number of examples about what's wrong that they want to fix.

Trump is used to action and being the Top Banana, not having to have to explain himself. He just does it. There's no one to explain it to. He's the beneficiary of his own actions in business. He thinks results are more important than process and probably it's new to him that the media seems to care more about process (the HOW) in his campaign. I'm guessing that in business he was interviewed more after projects were completed and not asked questions before he started a project, how he was going to do it.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:29 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Since his book is on pre-order, no one here has read it. I will assume it's like any other campaigning politician's book. I've read a Rand Paul book. I read a Rick Perry book. I even read Obama's book. They're pretty much all the same -- A little bio, a lot of vision, a number of examples about what's wrong that they want to fix.

Trump is used to action and being the Top Banana, not having to have to explain himself. He just does it. There's no one to explain it to. He's the beneficiary of his own actions in business. He thinks results are more important than process and probably it's new to him that the media seems to care more about process (the HOW) in his campaign. I'm guessing that in business he was interviewed more after projects were completed and not asked questions before he started a project, how he was going to do it.
Extremely wise, insightful commentary!! Excellent and I believe, very true. Been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections