Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 02:15 PM

587 posts, read 378,515 times

Advertisements

They all sleep with the corporations. Every four years we hear how our next president is gonna help the middle class and things keep changing for the worse.

Unemployment numbers, Dow Jones index all a sham. I think we never really recovered from the dotcom bust.

I think even if a anti-establishment candidate won the election and he meant what he promises, let's say Bernie or Trump, the big shots will hold him at gunpoint and make him change his actions. "We'll kill your family and make it look like an accident"

I don't believe things are gonna get better. They are gonna get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 06:12 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,205,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
What?

No you don't. You eliminate that candidate from consideration based on the outrageousness and/or how unfeasible the promise (lie) is.
True, but none of what Trump has said is “unfeasible”. Before he came along you had to utter the word deportation in a hushed voice, preferably when you are in your closet. Now, they ask him what his immigration plan is and he answers those who are here illegally are deported, which can come back later like everybody else. Nobody bats an eye anymore. Talking like this at one time was “outrageous” and “unfeasible”. That’s what a leader does. He changes the landscape.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
They all sleep with the corporations. Every four years we hear how our next president is gonna help the middle class and things keep changing for the worse.
You’ll be a fool to wait for a politician to lift you up. It is all on YOU. I have lived through half a dozen presidents of both parties. What I did for myself and my family dwarfs whatever they did.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,466,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Just like Obama did.. right?
I think they ALL over promise and that goes for both sides of the aisle.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:33 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,920,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
While some of that may be somewhat true, NO ONE has as many problems as this current President. He categorically and with purpose, lied. If you like your doctor....all the while knowing full well he had NO intention of keeping it...anything Trump promises on the other hand may/may not be out of ignorance or malice....my guess is that he has no idea what he is getting into but, I love his candor....something only a very rich person can afford to do.....Perot, believe it or not, was the same.

The two can tell it like it is.
I think worse lying from a president was "Mission Accomplished."
"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
“A Wiretap Requires A Court Order. Nothing Has Changed.”

Old 10-08-2015, 09:21 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The difference is Trump has a successful past that many hope can be taken into the White House. Things like cutting costs, balancing the budgets etc.

Obama. voted Present..
His tax plan puts us deeper in debt. He really hasn't spoken about cuts. He's a flip flopping snake oil salesman who says what the people want to hear. I don't trust him.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I think worse lying from a president was "Mission Accomplished."
Obama said as much. Didn’t he hold up Iraq as a model for the Middle East? He and Biden both. And this was a scant one year before everything blew up. This was HIS mission accomplished.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:26 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Dow, January 2009: 7,949.09
Dow, October 2015: 17,004.55

Unemployment Rate 2009: 9.8%
Unemployment Rate 2015: 5.5%

Wages have been stagnant since the 1980's.

In what reality are you dwelling?
Whats propping up the DOW?
Why did 579k leave the work force in September but unemployment stayed the same?
Why has income remained stagnant the last FEW YEARS when we are in the age of technology and we have supposedly recovered from the crash?
Why is the poverty rate still higher now than before the crash?

THAT is reality!

Old 10-08-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
His tax plan puts us deeper in debt.
Since when you cared about debt? Sow me one post.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:34 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,458,704 times
"The economy has hardly budged since Obama was sworn in, the only difference is the economy is no longer collapsing, but policies were set in stone prior to Obama being sworn in which caused that, even though Obama will always get the credit."

Seriously? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections