Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 12:20 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I seem to recall an airplane full of people who knew that they were being hijacked. After a few phone calls to family, they found out what was really going on, and instead of just sitting there in fear, they grabbed a drink cart and said, 'Let's roll'.
Yes and in all the previous history of hijackings such a tactic would have been foolish in the extreme, only upon the realization that they were on a suicide flight did they make the right decision to bum rush the hijackers.

Again, circumstances dictate tactics.

Quote:
Carson is right.
No Carson isn't right as the examples I provided above amply demonstrate. A bum rush of elementary school students at Sandy Hook would have done nothing. Again, circumstances dictate tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 12:47 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
What would you rather do? Cower in a corner and wait to die? He said that everyone there should rush the shooter, sounds smart to me. The police agree with him.
The problem is not necessarily that advice, the problem is that when he actually faced the situation, that's NOT what HE did at all. And he doesn't even seem to understand that he has totally contradicted himself. You know who we're dealing with in Ben Carson? Sheldon Cooper.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:25 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Yes and in all the previous history of hijackings such a tactic would have been foolish in the extreme, only upon the realization that they were on a suicide flight did they make the right decision to bum rush the hijackers.

Again, circumstances dictate tactics.

No Carson isn't right as the examples I provided above amply demonstrate. A bum rush of elementary school students at Sandy Hook would have done nothing. Again, circumstances dictate tactics.
Yes, he is.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:51 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes, he is.
Ben thinks it's a good idea for YOU to rush a gunman, HIM.....not so much.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:22 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ben thinks it's a good idea for YOU to rush a gunman, HIM.....not so much.

I'm not gong to judge Carson for what he did. Every situation is different. I probably wouldn't rush a robber either, because there's a good chance he'll take the money and go...

But there's a difference between a robber and someone who is just indiscriminately killing people for no reason.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:33 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
None of this surprises me. Just because someone can perform surgery, it doesn't mean they are ready for politics. Politics involves dealing with people. Surgery involves a medical profession.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
serious problems...

How can a man with healing hands but so clueless and idiotic when it comes to politics?

His ignorance is impressive. He would rush a mass murder? The guy can barely keep his eyes open.

..and when it was revealed he had a gun drawn on him, he told the gunman..."I think you want to go after the cashier"

Damn shame this fine surgeon is an idiot.
Geeze, tell us how your really feel? I think there is more to your rant than what he may have said or did say, for that matter. But I will drop it there. As for his eyes, has it dawned on you that is just his mannerism. Not everyone is wide eyed and bushy tailed all the time. To me and I am not supporting him, he resembled someone that is in deep thought much of the time. Maybe that is trait we should all work on.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:33 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
None of this surprises me. Just because someone can perform surgery, it doesn't mean they are ready for politics. Politics involves dealing with people. Surgery involves a medical profession.
Have you seen the current state of our politics in this country?

I think maybe it's time we get some people in there who haven't yet been corrupted by the current system...

If someone IS ready for politics, well that's a turn off to me.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:46 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Of course he did, he should have shut his mouth and showed a little respect to the families of the deceased, he just wanted to jack his jaws and talk tough to primary voters.
You are just over thinking what he said, don't be so paranoid, he wasn't insulting the people who died, he was suggesting a change in mindset in these situations and he is right.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The problem is not necessarily that advice, the problem is that when he actually faced the situation, that's NOT what HE did at all. And he doesn't even seem to understand that he has totally contradicted himself. You know who we're dealing with in Ben Carson? Sheldon Cooper.
No the problem is the media is looking for a way to knock him out of the running and the ignorant sheep are following. He wasn't involved in a mass shooting every situation is different you people are so eager to put him down you don't even try to think before you speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections