Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Sanders Fans Realize that He is a Career Politician?
No, they're simply not paying attention. 18 40.00%
Yes, but they're willing to ignore it. 27 60.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 03:10 AM

37,168 posts, read 19,194,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Would you like to provide an example of some other candidate's products that are made in China? That would be political suicide.

Like I said, if Bernie doesn't even buy cars made by the UAW, then he's a hypocrite. It's plain and simple.
Here's openers.

Tweets say Donald Trump's 'Make America Great Again' hats are made in China | PunditFact

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/campaign...2016-election/

http://www.manufacturing.net/news/20...ise-in-america
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Cuebald was referring to campaign products. Nice try.
See above.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkIntellect View Post
Not what Bernie is saying. He's honest about his intentions to raise income taxes and corporate taxes.
He wants to raise taxes on incomes over $400,000. If you aren;t in that group, not to worry. Whatever it is called, taxes or deductions, you are going to pay for health care. You will necessarily pay less with UHC because of economy of scale and the expense of the insurance company removed from the equation. Middlemen add cost without adding value.

If you can't understand the math I can't help you.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It's well documented that Trump would have been more financially successful if he had saved/invested his unearned inherited riches rather than done all his wheeler-dealer real estate deals. Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He Had Invested in Index Funds - Fortune

If you want to argue that he's a winner in his personal family life, then have it. 3 wives, a child who publicly condemned him, that may be your idea of success but it's not mine.
Don't forget the daughter he wants to date. Pervert.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:32 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Don't forget the daughter he wants to date. Pervert.
Hey that's a Christian value! Lol

Old 10-10-2015, 03:57 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkIntellect View Post
Oh! Lets see. Another Trump hater? If the point you are trying to make is anything other than: Trump has been extraordinarily successful in every facet of his life, you're off base. I have faith in Trump because he's one of the most successful human beings in the late 20th century.
One of the most successful human beings in the late 20th century? As Nick Kristoff point out:
Quote:
Back in 1976, Trump said he was worth “more than $200 million.” If he had simply put $200 million in an index fund and reinvested dividends, he would be worth $12 billion today, notes Max Ehrenfreund of The Washington Post. In fact, he’s worth $4.5 billion, according to Forbes.

In other words, Trump’s business acumen seems less than half as impressive as that of an ordinary Joe who parks his savings in an index fund.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:02 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
You Sanders fans are dreaming. There is no way you can import thousands of people into this country, supply all their needs as well as the American citizens, and not expect a backlash from the productive members of society over the backbreaking taxes it would create.

I already paid off my student loans, and it wasn't easy. Why should I have to pay for someone else's education? You shouldn't punish success and reward people with their hands constantly out. Creating more jobs and giving people the opportunity to succeed is a much better option.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
You Sanders fans are dreaming. There is no way you can import thousands of people into this country, supply all their needs as well as the American citizens, and not expect a backlash from the productive members of society over the backbreaking taxes it would create.
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)16%
is flummoxing many left-wing activists by expressing concern that open immigration would depress wages for many American workers. “It would make everybody in America poorer,” Sanders said in response to a question on an open borders policy from Vox, a hard left online opinion journal.

Sanders Slams 'Open Border' Immigration Reform - Breitbart

Quote:
I already paid off my student loans, and it wasn't easy. Why should I have to pay for someone else's education? You shouldn't punish success and reward people with their hands constantly out. Creating more jobs and giving people the opportunity to succeed is a much better option.
As I've noted before as Sanders says he would do it, what we are doing is simply getting a little of "our" money back. He would place a tax on trades. Taxpayers were forced into the largest bail outs in history with Wall Street and this would simply allow them to benefit a little with that money, not just Wall Street.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It's well documented that Trump would have been more financially successful if he had saved/invested his unearned inherited riches rather than done all his wheeler-dealer real estate deals. Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He Had Invested in Index Funds - Fortune

If you want to argue that he's a winner in his personal family life, then have it. 3 wives, a child who publicly condemned him, that may be your idea of success but it's not mine.
A child who publicly condemned him? What are you talking about? Link, please.

Trump is being criticized because he chose to work instead of just investing his money? And who is to say he would have continually increased it by investing? So many lost their shirts on Wall Street during the recession.

Trump has raised his children to be hardworking, responsible adults. Even though raised with every advantage, you have never seen them like so many other children of the rich - clubbing, partying, getting into all sorts of trouble. Don Jr. said he used to spend weekends mowing the lawn at one of their summer houses. That's how Trump himself was raised; working on his dads construction sites. Great work ethics in that family.

I don't throw stones at people who are divorced and remarried. To do so is petty and small.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)16%
is flummoxing many left-wing activists by expressing concern that open immigration would depress wages for many American workers. “It would make everybody in America poorer,” Sanders said in response to a question on an open borders policy from Vox, a hard left online opinion journal.

Sanders Slams 'Open Border' Immigration Reform - Breitbart

As I've noted before as Sanders says he would do it, what we are doing is simply getting a little of "our" money back. He would place a tax on trades. Taxpayers were forced into the largest bail outs in history with Wall Street and this would simply allow them to benefit a little with that money, not just Wall Street.
According to his website, Sanders wants amnesty(because those poor illegals are "vulnerable", after all), opposes border security, wants to expand DACA, sign the DREAM act into law, increase funding for Legal Services for illegals, require employers of illegals to provide transportation, housing, and workers compensation, etc.

HOLY COW. NO THANKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections