Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 10:46 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
*drop

I dont know if its the email investigation thats driving the change. I'm sure its some of it, but Bernie has been doing a excellent job of being on topic, and not getting into mud slinging. And when he talks about what he stands for it appeals to a lot of people. Hillary just doesnt have that.

Add to that she just plainly not a particularly likeable person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 11:49 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Who cares?

Polls had Romney winning the election right up until Ohio and Florida went BLUE on election night.

Whatever Hillary's "numbers" are, the GOP candidates are far, far worse, in reality. Polls don't tell the whole story obviously.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:52 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Not a fan of Mrs Clinton but the last national poll released this past week, Fairleigh Dickinson, has her at 45%. Is there any candidate in either party who wouldn't wish for 45%?

Old 10-10-2015, 11:56 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Polls had Romney winning the election right up until Ohio and Florida went BLUE on election night.

Whatever Hillary's "numbers" are, the GOP candidates are far, far worse, in reality. Polls don't tell the whole story obviously.
"skewed" polls did. The regular polls did not. And Nate Silver predicted it pretty much dead on. The difference between "wishing" something to be true so badly that you fudge the numbers, and looking at actual data.

Polls tell you a pretty good answer if you dont twist them to lie to yourself. I have no reason to suspect these polls are wrong.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:03 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,261 times
My theory is that Democrats see her as damaged goods. I'm sure the same thing would happen on the other side of the aisle if a Republican candidate was facing such serious allegations. If there was an electable alternative option to Hillary, her poll numbers might be even lower.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:25 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You're correct...drop vs drip. Drip is for her emails not her poll numbers.

Poll numbers from when though?

Old 10-10-2015, 06:45 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Poll numbers from when though?
The article was just a couple days ago. But the data polled is probably before Hillary's second non- government server was discovered. Hillary rates so bad with males, especially employed males that she will never win in a general election.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:27 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
"It's over Johnny"

Anyway, short of an indictment or something, she will hang in til the very end.
It's a dead horse. Inevitably she will have to drop out but it won't be any time soon.
She is probably waiting to see and to figure out what the best sob story is... either a medical issue or blaming the GOP but it will probably be a combination of the two, including waiting if Florina will be out before her so she can claim war on women as part of her outing!

For sure it will not be her own wrong doing and dumb handling of Bengazi and server gate! What difference does it make at this time!

Sadly the family members and most Americans feel the same that Bengazi was handled totally wrong and on top of leaving these Americans behind and left out to die, the video cover up made it worse than it already was.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:27 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
In the longer view, if Clinton stays in she will be the next POTUS. There is no R in the race right now that can beat her.
As a Dem, I can toy with the idea of voting for a Trump or Sanders or any of the people running -- but when it gets down to it and I actually have to vote, I'm voting for Hillary. About the only thing that would make me change my mind is if she were arrested for murder -- and that's it.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:13 PM

198 posts, read 259,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
As a Dem, I can toy with the idea of voting for a Trump or Sanders or any of the people running -- but when it gets down to it and I actually have to vote, I'm voting for Hillary. About the only thing that would make me change my mind is if she were arrested for murder -- and that's it.
That is seriously disgusting that you would consider a shill who can't even respond in a straightforward manner to allegations of e-mail misconduct. While I agree this is an overblown, partisan effort to bring down Hillary, she really doesn't have any shred of credibility how she handled the situation; in addition, she isn't for reinstating glass steagall, was opposed to same-sex marriage until 2013, and refused to show a stance on the Keystone Pipeline XL until a couple weeks ago. I am not a fan of a corporate suck-up who will advocate for disastrous free trade deals like the TPP(she did recently speak out against it, but look at the Clinton presidency); meanwhile Sanders has been consistent for his beliefs, organizing sit-ins against segregation and marching with MLK while Hillary Clinton was campaigning for Barry Goldwater who voted against the Civil Rights Act. I refuse to vote for a do-nothing centrist like Clinton but instead vote for a man like Bernie, we haven't had a President like him since Eisenhower and before(he also wants to break up the big banks, just like Teddy Roosevelt).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections