Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:58 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,151,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Actually Romney was shaking his head in agreement with ron paul when he was saying that it is not the governments job to manage the economy. Romney probably isnt as hard core as I would like him to be, but he is the very best of all who are still in it, on either side!! Huckabee needs to do the right thing for the country and bow out, or he hands the nomination to McCain!
Romney knows the economy pretty well. I will give him that. I just don't trust him enough based on his past. He changes his mind too much for me even on issues that I don't care about. There is not enough consistency in his record. However, if McCain wins, the GOP is done. I still have a hard time reconciling how evangelicals will move to a Mormon over a soft spoken Christian who is against the war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 01:27 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,860,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Interview ...
Q: Senator McCain do you believe in amnesty?
A: I supported the surge.
Q: What is your experience on the economy?
Q: Is it true you place at the bottom of your class at the Naval Academy?
Q: Did you dump your 1st wife, who waited while your were a POW for a young rich girl?
Q: Do you believe in 1st Amendment restrictions?
Q: Why did you vote against the tax cut, are you a tax hiker?
Q: Senator, did you really want to tack 50 cents a gallon energy tax on Americans?
Q: Is it true your are a violent hot head that often cusses those that don't agree with you?
A: F*** Y**, I supported the surge.
Q: Why are your qualified to run this country?
Q: Senator McCain, did you support the surge?
A: You know Gov Romney wanted secret time-lines, really, cross my heart, you believe me don't your. *smirk*
Q: Last question, why are your teeth yellow?
LOL!! Brilliant...

"You can take that to the bank, Sailor! I supported the Surge. And STOP calling it AMNESTY!!! It WASN'T AMNESTY!!!! @$&%&@%&$%&$..."

Old 01-31-2008, 02:02 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,543,339 times
Davart, that was classic. LOL!

Old 01-31-2008, 02:09 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Interview ...
Q: Senator McCain do you believe in amnesty?
Q: What is your experience on the economy?
Q: Is it true you place at the bottom of your class at the Naval Academy?
Q: Did you dump your 1st wife, who waited while your were a POW for a young rich girl?
Q: Do you believe in 1st Amendment restrictions?
Q: Why did you vote against the tax cut, are you a tax hiker?
Q: Senator, did you really want to tack 50 cents a gallon energy tax on Americans?
Q: Is it true your are a violent hot head that often cusses those that don't agree with you?
A: F*** Y**, I supported the surge.
Q: Why are your qualified to run this country?
Q: Senator McCain, did you support the surge?
A: You know Gov Romney wanted secret time-lines, really, cross my heart, you believe me don't your. *smirk*
Q: Last question, why are your teeth yellow?

"And dont call it amnesty! You hear me sailor!? Time for some straight talk my friends....straight talk, Ill give it to you straight!"

Old 01-31-2008, 08:16 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Romney knows the economy pretty well. I will give him that. I just don't trust him enough based on his past. He changes his mind too much for me even on issues that I don't care about. There is not enough consistency in his record. However, if McCain wins, the GOP is done. I still have a hard time reconciling how evangelicals will move to a Mormon over a soft spoken Christian who is against the war.
Let me ease your mind paperhouse. as far as this flip flop changing his mind stuff, with Romney, would a prolife hardcore social conservative, ever get elected govenor of the state of Massachusets? the answer is no way!! So doesnt it stand to reason that, knowing that, Romney a devout Mormon, was moderating his views THEN to get elected, so that he could at least make some change in the right direction. He is A Mormon for crying out loud, I believe he is really more conservative than he could be in Massachusets. I am a evangelical Christian and I will most certainly vote for him over Huckabee, and I am not alone! Huckabee is againts the war?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,424,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Let me ease your mind paperhouse. as far as this flip flop changing his mind stuff, with Romney, would a prolife hardcore social conservative, ever get elected govenor of the state of Massachusets? the answer is no way!! So doesnt it stand to reason that, knowing that, Romney a devout Mormon, was moderating his views THEN to get elected, so that he could at least make some change in the right direction. He is A Mormon for crying out loud, I believe he is really more conservative than he could be in Massachusets. I am a evangelical Christian and I will most certainly vote for him over Huckabee, and I am not alone! Huckabee is againts the war?
Huckabee seems like a nice guy, BUT, BUT, quick one liners and snappy retorts does not a president make. I like the idea of a consumption tax and I have long voiced it, but I'm a realist to know it will never happen as it will negatively effect to many industries. (CPA's, Tax Software companies, entire companies devoted to tax lax, tax payments etc.) so yes it's a great idea but it'll never fly.
Right now I think Huckabee needs to drop out, he's helping McCain, (who supported the surge ) by staying in and I think that's why he's doing it. Both McCain and Huckabee dislike Romney ... which is all the more reason to like him.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
You can bet that Mccain regrets supporting the compromise immigration bill and Romney regrets even mentioning the private withdrawl plan comment.You can bet Hillary regrets the gender comments and obama regrets the reagan comment. Whether defining or not they tend to stick like glue.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
LOL!! Brilliant...

"You can take that to the bank, Sailor! I supported the Surge. And STOP calling it AMNESTY!!! It WASN'T AMNESTY!!!! @$&%&@%&$%&$..."

You people are tooooo funny.

This guy is an idiot.

Why doesnt someone ask this moron this.

McAmnesty, if your are such a military expert, then WHY DID IT TAKE 3 FREAKIN YEARS FOR YOU TO SUPPORT THE DAMN SURGE !!!

Opps sorry, he didnt come up with the idea did he? Guess he is not a strong military leader afterall.

Romney did well to sit back and not bow to the low standards of the PORK BARRELED RAT FACT McKennedy. I liked the above, slap him off the chair. OMG... that would have been so cool.

McCain only won Florida because of the hispanic and cuban votes, so lets see how he does on Tuesday. If the rest of the country votes for him then I guess those who see him for what he really is are blind or something.

** Will someone please ask Hillary of she gets the nomination if Mcamnesty will be her VP !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections