Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 11:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Bernie may win Iowa & NH. But when race heads to SC he is done. The majority of DNC voters in SC are Black, and they will be universally voting for King Hillary. This will be repeated on Super Tuesday.
Too bad. The Blacks would actually do better under Bernie's promises.
$15 min wage, two paid weeks of vacation, 6 paid weeks of family leave and free college.

What Bernie is doing would bring the low wage worker up to middle class benefits.

Hillary is a globalist and her allegiance is to the corporate world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 11:48 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
SC is only one state. Bernie is boosting his popularity with hispanics very rapidly now. In one poll he is in a statistical tie with Hillary nationally among Hispanics.

He can do really well in Texas against Hillary, and Texas is bigger and more important than South Carolina. Nevada should also be more important than South Carolina.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:11 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
...Bernie is boosting his popularity with hispanics very rapidly now. In one poll he is in a statistical tie with Hillary nationally among Hispanics.....
"Hispanics" are not block voters.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
"Hispanics" are not block voters.
And that's what the D's and R's are scrambling to get.
Everyone has written off the Blacks because they'll vote "D" regardless.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:51 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I still think Bernie is trying to throw the race to Clinton. Yet another reason: ‘Utter moron’ Bernie Sanders touts China’s maternity leave; James Woods slaps back with dose of reality | BizPac Review As some may not know, China was adopting out infant baby girls, a lot of them since they are not "favored" and there was and still may be a requirement on what a family that has more than one child is allowed per the government. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy

So, if we start limiting the number of children you can have and forcing abortions...................

I would say Bernie just threw another one to Clinton!

I thought Bernie was promoting "Utopia" but I was really wrong on that.

Bye-bye Bernie.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I still think Bernie is trying to throw the race to Clinton. Yet another reason: ‘Utter moron’ Bernie Sanders touts China’s maternity leave; James Woods slaps back with dose of reality | BizPac Review As some may not know, China was adopting out infant baby girls, a lot of them since they are not "favored" and there was and still may be a requirement on what a family that has more than one child is allowed per the government. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy

So, if we start limiting the number of children you can have and forcing abortions...................

I would say Bernie just threw another one to Clinton!

I thought Bernie was promoting "Utopia" but I was really wrong on that.

Bye-bye Bernie.
That should tell you something, even a country as bad with human rights as China, even they offer 14 weeks maternity leave, something that the US should feel embarrassed and ashamed that we don't do that as well.

But you already knew that is what he was talking about with that post. I don't know what utopia you think Sanders is promoting, but 14 weeks maternity level should just be common sense, not some unicorn utopian idea.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That should tell you something, even a country as bad with human rights as China, even they offer 14 weeks maternity leave, something that the US should feel embarrassed and ashamed that we don't do that as well.

But you already knew that is what he was talking about with that post. I don't know what utopia you think Sanders is promoting, but 14 weeks maternity level should just be common sense, not some unicorn utopian idea.
Well, if we force people to have abortions, that would cut down on the number of times they would get the leave. And, that sounds like a good idea, killing babies so we can afford to give that much maternity leave. Of course, Bernie is pro-abortion so I guess it would be line with his philosophy about government.

So, you're OK with everyone having 2 children and possibly forced to kill any babies after that so someone else can have 14 weeks of maternity leave? Well, no wonder we aren't pulling for the same candidates.

Obviously, if you think we should model our country after China........... Bernie is toast!

Old 10-20-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Well, if we force people to have abortions, that would cut down on the number of times they would get the leave. And, that sounds like a good idea, killing babies so we can afford to give that much maternity leave. Of course, Bernie is pro-abortion so I guess it would be line with his philosophy about government.

So, you're OK with everyone having 2 children and possibly forced to kill any babies after that so someone else can have 14 weeks of maternity leave? Well, no wonder we aren't pulling for the same candidates.

Obviously, if you think we should model our country after China........... Bernie is toast!
Who said anything about forced abortions? Jesus man, try paying attention to what people say rather than what you want to hear.

All Bernie was talking about was 14 weeks of maternity leave, nothing else. Do you think that is a bad thing?

Old 10-20-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who said anything about forced abortions? Jesus man, try paying attention to what people say rather than what you want to hear.

All Bernie was talking about was 14 weeks of maternity leave, nothing else. Do you think that is a bad thing?
He wants to pick and choose from other countries the best but ignoring the negative consequences that are involved. It just doesn't work that way. Businesses cannot afford to give women 14 weeks of maternity leave and I don't believe that it is their responsibility. Is the taxpayer going to fund that? It is unrealistic. Many of our businesses are already hanging by a thread and people are having trouble paying their taxes.

Bernie is an old "hippie". I remember when they were prevalent but younger. Those days are gone. They were "unique" and have no place running our government.

Since I read that essay in wrote in 1972 and in 1972, I am very aware of what the world was like, the thought of him makes me sick.

Essay It Ain't So! : snopes.com With that alone..............

Bernie isn't a serious candidate. They will nominate Hillary if she isn't indicted and he'll encourage his "followers" to vote for her. He is simply being used to garner support that she otherwise might not get. Another Democratic choice. I figure when she is nominated, only the diehard Democrats will transfer their support to her and the rest are up for grabs!

This would take women back in time when it comes to be in the labor force: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_leave Nothing is ever as simple as it sounds. I see Mexico gives 12 weeks yet we have so many entering the US illegally to give birth here so there must be something attractive about the US.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 10-20-2015 at 06:23 PM..

Old 10-20-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
He wants to pick and choose from other countries the best but ignoring the negative consequences that are involved. It just doesn't work that way. Businesses cannot afford to give women 14 weeks of maternity leave and I don't believe that it is their responsibility. Is the taxpayer going to fund that? It is unrealistic. Many of our businesses are already hanging by a thread and people are having trouble paying their taxes.

Bernie is an old "hippie". I remember when they were prevalent but younger. Those days are gone. They were "unique" and have no place running our government.

Since I read that essay in wrote in 1972 and in 1972, I am very aware of what the world was like, the thought of him makes me sick.

Essay It Ain't So! : snopes.com With that alone..............

Bernie isn't a serious candidate. They will nominate Hillary if she isn't indicted and he'll encourage his "followers" to vote for her. He is simply being used to garner support that she otherwise might not get. Another Democratic choice. I figure when she is nominated, only the diehard Democrats will transfer their support to her and the rest are up for grabs!

This would take women back in time when it comes to be in the labor force: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_leave Nothing is ever as simple as it sounds. I see Mexico gives 12 weeks yet we have so many entering the US illegally to give birth here so there must be something attractive about the US.
I didn't realize this would be so hard for you to understand, all he was saying is a crappy country like China even has 14 week maternity leave.....he isn't saying we should be like China and limiting how many children people they can have (which is only a law in their most populated areas.)

How many pregnant women are at any one business at any one time? 14 weeks isn't that big of a deal because a woman is going to take time off for her pregnancy anyway. Seriously, do you have any idea how many other countries are cool with this?

Just because you say Bernie isn't a serious candidate doesn't make it so.

The rest of what you think will happen in this election is just laughable at best....but whatever helps you cope with the coming Republican loss.

In Canada women get 17 weeks of maternity leave, and then both parents get to split 37 weeks of parental leave. Yet somehow we don't have Canadians coming across the border illegally to live in the US....go figure, guess your Mexico reference is invalid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections