Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:18 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,714,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
CNN took action because they had them on commentators without properly disclosing their ties to the Clinton campaign.

Bias indeed.
Your argument doesn't hold water. CNN often has Jesse Jackson on as a commentator even though he is a declared Obama supporter. Jesse's wife though openly supports Clinton. Maybe in the interest of neutrality CNN should have both Jesse and his wife on at the same time. Plus she is much better looking than Jesse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 02:28 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,057,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Your argument doesn't hold water. CNN often has Jesse Jackson on as a commentator even though he is a declared Obama supporter. Jesse's wife though openly supports Clinton. Maybe in the interest of neutrality CNN should have both Jesse and his wife on at the same time. Plus she is much better looking than Jesse.
I don't watch much CNN because I believe cable news is only a small step ahead of monkey's humping footballs when it comes to intellectual value (clearly in terms of entertainment value, monkey's humping awkward objects wins) but Jesse Jackson has not been a paid commentator for CNN. He hasn't had anywhere near the airtime, I can't recall the last time I saw him on TV.

Begala and Carville were paid to be "democratic analysts", yet CNN never bothered to expose their Clinton ties which were an obvious conflict of interest.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:29 PM
NCN

21,656 posts, read 25,488,059 times
News people have been showing bias for centuries. There is no doubt that CNN prefers Romney and Obama. We are adults though and don't have to act on it. I would like to see someone interview some of these hundreds of Obama contributors and check to see where they got the money to contribute. It does not seem normal to me that that many individuals would have that kind of money to contribute.

What kind of background checks are these candidates subject to and when is it going to happen. I would not feel safe as a US citizen with Obama as president. Sorry that is just the way I feel. I am not the only one who feels this way. A friend and I have been discussing this and we don't even know why we feel this way. I have always been taught that you should trust your gut feelings on things like this. So who will I vote for? Anybody who runs against Obama.

Last edited by NCN; 01-31-2008 at 02:58 PM..

Old 01-31-2008, 03:18 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,525,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
News people have been showing bias for centuries. There is no doubt that CNN prefers Romney and Obama. We are adults though and don't have to act on it. I would like to see someone interview some of these hundreds of Obama contributors and check to see where they got the money to contribute. It does not seem normal to me that that many individuals would have that kind of money to contribute.

What kind of background checks are these candidates subject to and when is it going to happen. I would not feel safe as a US citizen with Obama as president. Sorry that is just the way I feel. I am not the only one who feels this way. A friend and I have been discussing this and we don't even know why we feel this way. I have always been taught that you should trust your gut feelings on things like this. So who will I vote for? Anybody who runs against Obama.
My financial support was drawn on my personal checking account. I've donated twice; once in the amount of $25 and once in the amount of $75. My money proves to be as clean and green as anyone else's.

As to your feeling unsafe if Obama is elected president ... I'm sure there were one or two people with the same sentiments in Illinois while he served as state senator and while he's serving as U.S. senator. And I'm sure their lives are just as miserable and pathetic today as they were before they even heard of Barack.

Anyway, have a great day.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:13 PM

315 posts, read 758,921 times
I am an african american woman who supports hillary and is sick and tired of cnn. I understand why fox news would act bias for obama because of course they want thier fellow conservative candidate to have an easy victory but I expected more from cnn.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM

Another thing could be that the minute someone dare critizes obama my fellow blacks are always jumping down thier throat yelling racism eventhough politics is about exposing the good and the bad of all candidates. If americans could get over thier crush on obama they would see that hillary is the better candidate and a real leader. And nope her being a woman has not influence me to prefer her over obama just like him being black could not win me over.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:26 PM

After reading through all these post I am really pissed now because the bitter obama supporters are trying to write of my state because just like obama you all are sore losers. Florida very much counts because it showed america that once again a more diverse group of people wants hillary to beour leader while obama is only pulling the black vote and we know why. And did you all see how immmature obama acted by refusing to shake hillary hands? Come on people is that what we really want a man who can't even fight like a man but chooses to act like a wuss against a woman? How the hell is he gonna handle all the evil terrorist lol?

Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,525,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
Another thing could be that the minute someone dare critizes obama my fellow blacks are always jumping down thier throat yelling racism eventhough politics is about exposing the good and the bad of all candidates. If americans could get over thier crush on obama they would see that hillary is the better candidate and a real leader. And nope her being a woman has not influence me to prefer her over obama just like him being black could not win me over.
Yeah ... every time I see Barack Osama, err, Obama shuck and jive, I'm just not sure I want to support him any more.

Maybe he should just go back to you know, selling uh ... I mean ... well, you know he sold drugs while he was attending that radical Muslim madrassa, right? At least that's what I've read.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Yeah ... every time I see Barack Osama, err, Obama shuck and jive, I'm just not sure I want to support him any more.

Maybe he should just go back to you know, selling uh ... I mean ... well, you know he sold drugs while he was attending that radical Muslim madrassa, right? At least that's what I've read.
It's really sad that obama appear to be the best we can do right? He can't even take critisim as if he didn't know this is what politics is all about. I still can't get over the way he snubbed miss clinton and that should have been a sign to all americans of just how immature this man really is maybe he is not ready to lead a nation of millions.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:07 PM
BVH BVH started this thread

944 posts, read 600,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post

As funny as your sarcasm may be to you, at least one part of the criticism is true. In his own words:

"Junkie. That's where I'd been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man. Except the highs hadn't been about me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then, anyway. I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory. I had discovered that it didn't make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate's sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you'd met down at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl. You might just be bored, or alone. Everybody was welcome into the club of disaffection. And if the high didn't solve whatever it was that was getting you down, it could at least help you laugh at the world's ongoing folly and see through all the hypocrisy and bull**** and cheap moralism. "
Source: Dreams from My Father, by Barack Obama, p. 87 Aug 1, 1996

As to Obama being a "radical Muslim", I see no proof to support that, and I think anybody that pushes that BS has zero credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections