Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 07:39 AM

88,544 posts, read 44,252,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's okay if you refuse to acknowledge it, that says you agree.

Companies are sending jobs overseas because of better tax laws, cheaper labor, less regulations, so what can we do to stop this from happening?

Sanders: Let's tax corporations even more, create more regulations and mandate tons of new benefits for all employees.

Trump: Let's punish corporations who send jobs overseas by putting a huge tax on all products they send back into our country, so much that they would be better off not building plants and sending jobs overseas.
Sanders' proposal will backfire.

Trump's proposal will work.

If you want more American jobs, support Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 07:46 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,710,354 times
No, Bernie Sanders is solidly in second place (first, in one poll), but none of those people are successful.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:49 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
In Oregon for example, ever tax payer can donate $50 to a political candidate and get $50 tax credit back on the following tax return.

It's one way to get regular people to run for office without having to beg the rich for money.
I'm not going to donate and I'll bet few others will either. So I can get $10,000 to run for president? Or if this fund collects 10 million and 100 people decide to run?

Old 10-23-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I find it odd that the very individuals who run around shouting about how great the economy is, i.e. look at the stock market..

could possibly consider supporting Sanders..
I've explained many times why the stock market shows why people should support Sanders.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Sigh, just visit the country if you don't believe me. People seriously need to do more traveling so they don't come off as so ignorant.
LOL.......no, you made the claim, it's yours to back up. Do you want an address to send my plane ticket to?

Old 10-23-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
The top donor gave $800,000; I rounded up to a million, though my exact phrasing was almost a million (as in not technically a million).
No they did not. I can only note that you are full of crap and have no clue how all this works.

The limit is $2500 per election. $5000 for the complete election cycle. You can give $2500 for the primaries and $2500 for the general election.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Bad idea. Guess who would pay the brunt of that tax... the millions of American workers and retirees who have a total of $24 Trillion invested in their pension funds and retirement accounts:
I'm not constantly buying and selling nor is the vast majority of workers and retiree's so I nor they would pay anything.

Quote:
Giving the federal government what they mandated isn't a crime. That's why Mozilo didn't go to prison. Do I need to post the Fannie Mae document touting Countrywide as one of its best "affordable lending" partners which gave Countrywide the ability to accept compromised or no credit (GSE "affordable lending" program standards) to approve loans again?
Countrywide's books were a mess of fake entry's and lies. Sarbanes/Oxley made Mozilo personally responsible (criminally) for that.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've explained many times why the stock market shows why people should support Sanders.
No, you haven't. Why do you think a tax on trades will benefit John and Jane working class America who have $24 trillion invested in their pension funds and retirement accounts?

Old 10-23-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not constantly buying and selling nor is the vast majority of workers and retiree's so I nor they would pay anything.
What makes you think they personally manage their pension funds or 401Ks? They don't. The fund/plan administrators do. And guess what those fund/plan administrators do... buy and sell.

Quote:
Countrywide's books were a mess of fake entry's and lies. Sarbanes/Oxley made Mozilo personally responsible (criminally) for that.
Even if true, the federal government didn't use a heavy hand to go after him. Guess why... He could expose the imminent disaster the federal government mandated with their "affordable lending" programs.

I doubt the books were a mess of fake entries and lies. Mozilo was just going by the GSEs significantly lowered lending standards, and the books reflected such. There's no illegality when a company is just adhering to federal government mandates and severely lowered lending standards.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, you haven't. Why do you think a tax on trades will benefit John and Jane working class America who have $24 trillion invested in their pension funds and retirement accounts?
Few of them will ever see a tax. All the same, the little they might get hit would far and away be offset on saved education costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections