Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 04:31 PM

161 posts, read 167,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I would be stunned if Carson gets more than 10% of the Black vote. Obviously he would do a tiny bit better than McCain and Romney since Obama is not running but the overwhelmingly vast majority of Blacks will vote Democratic.

Quite simply the GOP has nothing to offer to voters who are not White people in the Deep South and the Midwest. That's why we keep losing. People don't give a fig about gay marriage anymore. People in the rest of the nation are not scared to death of Spanish speaking people ... they are our friends, neighbors, co-workers, and loved ones. We're going to keep losing until we figure out what non-rural White voters and others want. America doesent want 1950s era social conservatism and views of ethnic minorities anymore.
LOL I know people who do care about gay marriage but they should realize that most GOP candidates are not going to alienate potential voters, or endanger their campaign by taking issue with it. Those days are over and the 1950's are over. You are wrong though to say that only white people in the south or Midwest can find appeal to certain republican candidates. There are plenty of white, rural areas In the northeast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 04:43 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
You are Out of Order, here, pal. That's a STINKING LIE. I never wondered or stated ANYTHING regarding Trump ''dropping out.''

Watch your False accusations !!
You forgot to bold your post. People won't pay attention to you unless you bold.

You're welcome.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:41 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
You forgot to bold your post. People won't pay attention to you unless you bold.

You're welcome.

I won't pay attention to you, that's for sure!! What a waste. Is life this dull?

Old 10-28-2015, 12:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Today-Carson Tops Trump In Iowa GOP Caucus, Quinnipiac

Donald J. Trump has slipped into second place, falling behind the retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, in a Quinnipiac University poll of Republican caucusgoers in Iowa released on Thursday, marking the first time he has not held the lead in several weeks.

Riding support from evangelical voters and women, Mr. Carson received the support of 28 percent, compared to Mr. Trump’s 20 percent, among Republicans likely to take part in the caucuses. The results are a reversal from a Sept. 11 poll by Quinnipiac that showed Mr. Trump at 27 percent and Mr. Carson at 21 percent.
[MOD CUT/copyright violation]
yep, fell behind in ONE poll, check this out though;

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

Old 10-28-2015, 12:39 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
After last night’s rally I assure you he will be back on top.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:21 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I doubt it. People like Clarence Thomas, Alan West and Herman Cain are not well regarded by the African-American community at large. Since Obama will be actively campaigning for the Democratic nominee (whoever it might be) in the African-American community, it would be difficult for Dr. Carson to gain a foothold.

Mick
It's pretty silly to accuse black voters of just voting based on race.

Sure, a lot of African Americans may respect Carson for his rags to riches story and accomplishments, but it doesn't mean they're going to vote for him based on the issues.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:31 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
I like Ben Carson.

He's pretty cool.

BEN carSON.

BENSON.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:49 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
In what you just posted, the eventual republican nominee came in either 1st or 2nd in Iowa almost every time.

Trump fell out of first place and appears to be on a downward trajectory 3 months away from voting so of course it's news.

He can turn it around but typically once voters start leaving at this point it's hard to get them back. We'll see.

George HW Bush came in third in '88,John McCain came in fourth in 2008.Both went on to win the nomination.So I guess they almost always come in first or second in Iowa.....except when they don't There have only been 6 Iowa caucuses between 1976-2008,5 of which had more than 2 people running and the eventual nominee came in first OR second in 3 of the 5 and fourth or third in 2 of the 5....not impressive statistics to me if trying to prove Iowas relevance but you may see it differently. You could move the ball further and state that the eventual nominee did finish in the top four,as so far no one has come in 5th,6th or 14th and later won the nomination.

There were no caucuses the years that Reagan,Bush,or Bush 2 were incumbents.George W Bush is the only nominee to win Iowa,the nomination, AND the election in November going back to '76.

Since only one republican has won Iowa,the nomination, and the presidency in the last 40 years it seems to
me that if I were Trump I might be hoping Carson wins Iowa.

Three months before the first vote is cast i'm not too excited about polls anyway....we'll see where everyone is polling the end of January.

Last edited by imbobbbb; 10-28-2015 at 08:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections