Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:27 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Who says we need to stick with the current, high priced, health care insurance model at all? There are many different ways for people to get health care, which are better than paying some giant corporation $8,000 -$20,000 a year, for the rest of our lives.
Oh yeah, and I'd like to add that we get punished by the IRS if we don't.

And this is what the liberals say is wonderful, glad we could all be slaves to the corporations for all our lives. Yippee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 10:34 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Who says we need to stick with the current, high priced, health care insurance model at all? There are many different ways for people to get health care, which are better than paying some giant corporation $8,000 -$20,000 a year, for the rest of our lives.
So a government option plan? Single payer minimal coverage? What do you suggest?

The rest of the civilized world has managed to figure this out to varying degrees of success, but yet here we are trying to treat a public good like it's a commodity and failing miserably at it.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:51 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,197 times
Carson should be labeled as a "progressive'. It would be major progress to remove a huge, bureaucratic, corrupt entity such as government from our healthcare and actually let doctors get back to practicing medicine instead of becoming administrators to insurance companies and the government.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:45 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,790 times
UnitedHealth Group, the largest health insurer, reported last week that it made $10.3 billion in profits in 2014 on revenues of $130.5 billion. Both profits and revenues grew seven percent from 2013.

One post here said the poor insurance companies where only earning 8%. Shame, shame, only 8% of $1.30.5 billion, poor babies. How will they make do?

Health insurers watch profits soar as they dump small business customers | Center for Public Integrity

Old 10-23-2015, 12:52 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,208,674 times
The GOP alternative is to go back pre-ocare. Has something to do with their donors. They also want to install a flat tax so their donors pay way less in taxes,

I have seen that tax plan in action to the point that NC is ranked 48th or so as a retirement option.

More taxes on everything including on labor rates, sales, property, cars, Real Estate and many more.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:55 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The GOP alternative is to go back pre-ocare. Has something to do with their donors. They also want to install a flat tax so their donors pay way less in taxes,

I have seen that tax plan in action to the point that NC is ranked 48th or so as a retirement option.

More taxes on everything including on labor rates, sales, property, cars, Real Estate and many more.
I remember the huge debts that Democrats saddled us with us here in NC. We have that crap with an irresponsible federal government too.

Yeah I would say it would best to move away from that Democrat model of failure.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:00 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Discussion View Post
He wants to give them $2000 to buy their own insurance. Of course that would give them about four months of coverage in a high dedictible plan with such high copayments that they would go bankrupt if they got sick.
The ole gonna go bankrupt if they get sick lie again.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:02 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Bye, bye, Ben. It's been not nice knowing ya.
I didn't think it was nice "knowing" him at all.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:02 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
So a government option plan? Single payer minimal coverage? What do you suggest?

The rest of the civilized world has managed to figure this out to varying degrees of success, but yet here we are trying to treat a public good like it's a commodity and failing miserably at it.
You mean like the NHS in the UK where tens of thousands die in their hospitals every year due to something as simple as dehydration from lack of care by the staff? No thanks.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:07 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
I don't have a problem with this, but lets start by kicking those people on in the system out when they can't keep their side of the deal. For instance my last Medicare patient (15th admission this year):

Have you been using you CPAP?
No.

Have you been keeping up with your medicine?
No.

Have you been losing weight?
No.

Have you quit smoking?
No.

My tax money is supposed to go to supporting people who won't do the bare minimum to support themselves? And it's not just him. The majority of the people I deal with (critical care) on the medicare/medicaid rolls are self-determining in their poor health. I do feel bad for those people with debilitating illness' through no fault of their own but even then some of the terminal or never-get-better cases have literally millions of dollars being thrown at their care with zero chance of a positive outcome that would have a better quality of life by just stopping treatment and providing palliative care support.
Well, I've been using my CPAP, I've been keeping up with my medicines, I've been losing weight...and I wouldn't want you as my doctor with your attitude. I think you ought to post this on your practice's website. See what it does for your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections