Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:00 AM

128 posts, read 781,636 times

Advertisements

House: DEM
Senate: DEM
White House: DEM

We tried THAT in California and the first half of Billary's term, and lord, how effed up that was. When France and Canada has less statist governments than America after 2008, you only have yourself to kick. Now I know how it feels to say "If so-and-so gets elected, I'm moving to Canada/Europe." I'm not going that far, but my money knows no country and might invest it in those places where they are dismantling the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 01:33 AM

642 posts, read 3,071,676 times
Yes. It is all pretty crazy and Dem, Dem, Dem is a nightmare that will leave a deep, deep mark. I will never in a million years understand why there is not an uprising amongst the people when they vote--especially amongst the Republicans!--regarding the out of control spending in Washington, demand to make the Bush tax cuts permanent, and a revolt against the open door policies and welfare and schooling for all illegals. Go Figure.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:21 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,171,947 times
I don't think endorsements amount to much of anything. I believe most voters make up their minds based on other criteria than endorsements.

But in case endorsements mean anything. ImRandy officially endorses Ron Paul.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:42 PM

642 posts, read 3,071,676 times
Now that is an endorsement .

I wouldn't vote for Ron Paul for president, however he has many right on things to say about the many ways our government has gone off the reservation (as they say).

He would make a fantastic professor. When he stated his points and made his arguments with calm clarity he really made some excellent points that I believe caused people to stop and think. He is talking about foundational changes and you know how Washington can barely just place a band aid on a gouge and when they do they do it with a wide band of tax payers' money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
I don't think endorsements amount to much of anything. I believe most voters make up their minds based on other criteria than endorsements.

But in case endorsements mean anything. ImRandy officially endorses Ron Paul.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:50 PM

9,374 posts, read 20,780,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm waiting for Sean Penn to tell me who to vote for
He'd likely tell you to vote for Vladmir Lenin, if his name was on the ballot.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:31 AM

44 posts, read 102,281 times
I used to like Arnold till he endorsed MCcain. Go Ron Paul, who cares about being celebrity favorites

Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,631,388 times
Arnold...who shouldn't even be allowed to be in America, foreigner that he is...didn't endorse anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections