Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 01:19 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times

Advertisements

Without a doubt Clinton would carry the majority of women's votes. Not because she is the best qualified but simply because she is a women.
That reminds me of our current president who was the first black to be elected. Needless to say he carried the majority of the black vote but because he was different our young people believed he would create a real change and that did not happen.

What will it take to bring America back to its basic roots of a government for the people (all people) by the people? I doubt putting a woman in the white house just because she is a woman won't make that happen either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 01:34 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I know that already, which is why I laughed during last week's debate when Hillary said she went to Wall Street and told them to "cut it out." Yes Hillary, I'm sure the people funding your campaign will stop what they're doing just because you told them to.
Yeah, just remember she's going to take those oil company profits.....as campaign donations lol.

Frankly, she hasn't been lucky. She got torpedoed by an inexperienced Senator with tons more charisma.

Now she's 8 years charismatic and not able to leverage the whole "I'm not Bush meme".

Old 10-23-2015, 02:19 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
And do not forget her run for senator of NY. Guiliani would have whipped her bloated behind if he hadn't gotten sick and had to withdraw. Talk about lucky. Take a smidgen of that to Vegas and you'd really clean up.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I know that already, which is why I laughed during last week's debate when Hillary said she went to Wall Street and told them to "cut it out." Yes Hillary, I'm sure the people funding your campaign will stop what they're doing just because you told them to.
The masses have no clue that Hillary's biggest contributors are Citi, JPM, GS and hedge funds.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
And do not forget her run for senator of NY. Guiliani would have whipped her bloated behind if he hadn't gotten sick and had to withdraw. Talk about lucky. Take a smidgen of that to Vegas and you'd really clean up.
A little "too lucky" if you ask me.

The Clintons have connections.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:42 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
As well as Clinton in 2008 when she faced a real competitor.
Jeb's campaign looks to be in the beginning stages of folding. Assume that's true, and he only bothers to compete in the first couple of primaries.

Do you think he will be back 8 years from now, with more heavy-duty governmental experience under his belt, willing to fight smarter and harder?

Because I sure don't. If he has that deep desire, it's not showing.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:44 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
The luckiest thing to happen to Hillary is Trey Gowdy. He just gave her an 11 hour period to appear presidential in front of a bunch of bumbling idiots.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:53 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Without a doubt Clinton would carry the majority of women's votes. Not because she is the best qualified but simply because she is a women.
That reminds me of our current president who was the first black to be elected. Needless to say he carried the majority of the black vote but because he was different our young people believed he would create a real change and that did not happen.

What will it take to bring America back to its basic roots of a government for the people (all people) by the people? I doubt putting a woman in the white house just because she is a woman won't make that happen either.
Excellent posting and wise comments.

You are correct that many who are intensely passionate to have a female as the first POTUS may blindly vote for Hilary. If they are that tied to their democratic party it doesn't matter what qualities the candidate has, or doesn't have.

However, if their goal were to have a female in the Oval Office, they would not turn a blind eye to Calry Fiorina. Therefore, it's all about staying loyal to their party.

Have serious doubts of our country returning to the basic roots of government because too many just don't care that much anymore. They have other priorities and don't take the time to research each candidate to enable them to vote for the one who is most qualified, the best leader, most sincere, most honest, most intelligent, and will do everything it takes to ensure the safety of our country and it's citizens.

Valuable time is being wasted stooping down to pick up mud to throw at anyone who does not agree with them; it is very rare to find serious, intelligent, informative communication that does not include grammar school name calling and rude insults. There is nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree; the damage is when each side refuses to truly listen to each other and possibly learn something.

United we Stand; Divided We Fall.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
Giuliani did not withdraw because he was 'sick'.

It was the marital issues hounding him as well. It was not Hillary's 'luck'. It was Guiliani living with the consequences of his extra-marital affairs and poor decisions that did him in. His choice.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:26 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Bernie Sanders would be the first Jewish president in America.

His family was annihilated in the Holocaust.

It's a bit disrespectful by the media to dismiss him as just another old white guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections