Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 04:40 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times

Advertisements

Rubio is surging on prediction markets right now, almost at 50%, do Republicans really like that guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 04:49 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Couldn't happen to a better person. (Well, except for The King)

The Demise of Jeb Bush - US News
On a personal level, I really like Jeb. He has a good heart and a good brain to go with it. He lives a modest life style especially considering his personal wealth. His wife is just jewel of a person although at times she does remind me a lot of Sofía Vergara. So how Jeb could be so clueless is beyond me. Jeb's shot at the White House was scheduled for 2000 but a lousy campaign (similar to the present one) kept him from winning the Florida's governors race and the mantle passed to W. Sad story.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Cutting staffing in a campaign is usually one of the first major signs a sinking ship is taking on water.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:51 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Rubio is surging on prediction markets right now, almost at 50%, do Republicans really like that guy?
Absolutely not

Nobody supports him.

I've said this way before.

He is the most overrated candidate.

Fortunately will go away soon.

We've seen a lot of them surging in popularity.

Walker is the obvious, he then went down to %1.

So will Fiorina, Carson and Rubio.

Donald is the nominee.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:55 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Absolutely not

Nobody supports him.

I've said this way before.

He is the most overrated candidate.

Fortunately will go away soon.

We've seen a lot of them surging in popularity.

Walker is the obvious, he then went down to %1.

So will Fiorina, Carson and Rubio.

Donald is the nominee.
I certainly hope Trump becomes the nominee, it would be a win / win situation for me... I'd be happy with him or Clinton.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:00 PM

998 posts, read 664,912 times
Quote:
Have you seen how much that guy sweats? I've never seen a young person sweat as much as he does. And he's always drinking that water. He even brought his own to the last debate. He's like a human sponge or something.

But really, if Trump's campaign really does falter by the time the caucuses begin, then I expect that Rubio will get the nomination. He's young, kind of handsome, and delivers his lines well without appearing too hawkish (like Cruz). He's the kind of politician that performs moderately well across a broad swath of demographics, but isn't particularly loved by any of them. So he can go far.

I think we all know Jeb is done for, nobody wants another Bush. And Carson... he's a nice guy, but doesn't have the right stuff to make it to the nomination. What Trump may lack in political experience, he makes up for with his bold personality. Carson on the other hand, doesn't really have that to fall back on.

Last edited by PuddingPops; 10-23-2015 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-23-2015, 05:01 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
On a personal level, I really like Jeb. He has a good heart and a good brain to go with it. He lives a modest life style especially considering his personal wealth. His wife is just jewel of a person although at times she does remind me a lot of Sofía Vergara. So how Jeb could be so clueless is beyond me. Jeb's shot at the White House was scheduled for 2000 but a lousy campaign (similar to the present one) kept him from winning the Florida's governors race and the mantle passed to W. Sad story.
The problem I have with Bush is that he governs based on his religious beliefs. I used to believe he was a fairly moderate pol, and one I could possibly support, until the Terri Schiavo fiasco. The actions he took in that case are what turned me off to him for good.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:30 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You should ask Santa to bring you a mirror this Christmas. I believe you could use one.
While you refuse to accept what the mirror shows you, being as bigoted as you are.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:34 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The problem I have with Bush is that he governs based on his religious beliefs. I used to believe he was a fairly moderate pol, and one I could possibly support, until the Terri Schiavo fiasco. The actions he took in that case are what turned me off to him for good.
The real problem you have with Bush is that he is not a democrat and that, to you, disqualifies anyone.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:57 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
I certainly hope Trump becomes the nominee, it would be a win / win situation for me... I'd be happy with him or Clinton.
That's odd since their political views are the complete opposite of one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections