Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 03:13 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,847,236 times

Advertisements

Carson now leading Trump in Iowa. I think Carson is a great candidate, but does he have what it takes to take on Hillary Clinton in a debate? Like her or not, Hillary Clinton is a bulldog with a giant ego and a fire in the belly.... Sound familiar? Trump exemplifies the same qualities, but I'm afraid Clinton would just push Carson right off the stage in a national debate, and his humbleness and soft-spokeness would come off as weakness....

What do you think?

Old 10-23-2015, 03:18 PM

2,413 posts, read 3,464,759 times
He could win Iowa, but I don't think he'll go on to win any other states. It's still early, I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:27 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,257,144 times
Wonder if Fiorina would pinch hit for whomever wins, but she's the only one who could wipe Clinton all over the place.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/8d/8dc1...1d3cb0f582.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-25-2015 at 01:50 PM..

Old 10-23-2015, 03:27 PM

24,333 posts, read 26,746,655 times
Here is my concern with Carson... EVERYTHING

Old 10-23-2015, 03:38 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,413,910 times
Carson's campaign will be devastated in SC. It won't go much further than that.

To his credit however he is running campaign TV spots in some of the cities in that market.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:49 PM

998 posts, read 661,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
He could win Iowa, but I don't think he'll go on to win any other states. It's still early, I wouldn't worry about it.
Agreed. Maybe Iowa, but there's zero chance of a candidate like Carson getting the party nomination. Too soft spoken, humble, and I hate to say it, but the media will come at him with every trick imaginable to besmirch his character and will generally destroy him. There's nothing the liberal media establishment in the US hates more than a person of color "leaving the plantation" and running for the GOP, and I don't think Carson has the character to weather and rise above the storm of criticism that would surely be targeted at him. He's just too nice.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:00 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,257,144 times
blame the liberal media for vetting a completely unqualified presidential candidate......cop out, if you ask me.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:14 PM

38,983 posts, read 50,934,843 times
She's not just a bulldog, but a bulldog with an incredible grasp of the issues. - She didn't read some briefing book like Carson might; she lived and lives this stuff! The way she recited information at the hearing yesterday was amazing. We got a glimpse of it at the debates too, but her competition was so weak it did not come out that much. She will make Carson look like an ignorant, unqualified amateur (which is what he is, of course). She will do the same to Trump. There are two Republicans who might be able to look half way informed next to her and they are Bush and Kasich. I am sure you don't like her policies and positions, but I doubt there has been a person better qualified to be President in many, many years.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:19 PM

998 posts, read 661,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
blame the liberal media for vetting a completely unqualified presidential candidate......cop out, if you ask me.
We've had an unqualified man in the white house for the past seven years. He can't even give a two minute speech without reading from teleprompters, and every deal he touches is bungled. He's like the complete opposite of Midas, and yet the media tripped over each other to lick his shoes and endorse him. Ben Carson is a neurosurgeon and completed many successful surgeries.. Obama is a "community organizer" from Chicago, a community mired in some of the worst community violence in the world. And Carson is the one unqualified?

Old 10-23-2015, 04:24 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,905,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She's not just a bulldog, but a bulldog with an incredible grasp of the issues. - She didn't read some briefing book like Carson might; she lived and lives this stuff! The way she recited information at the hearing yesterday was amazing. We got a glimpse of it at the debates too, but her competition was so weak it did not come out that much. She will make Carson look like an ignorant, unqualified amateur (which is what he is, of course). She will do the same to Trump. There are two Republicans who might be able to look half way informed next to her and they are Bush and Kasich. I am sure you don't like her policies and positions, but I doubt there has been a person better qualified to be President in many, many years.
This is a big problem with democracy in America today. The media portray it as a football match. It's all about personality, who said something stupid, who is presidential. The media doesnt want to talk about the issues that matter and the fact that they are mouthpieces of a tiny wealthy elite that fund candidates on both political sides. The media of course earn alot of ad revenue from this corrupt system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections