Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 05:53 PM

998 posts, read 665,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
He's a much better speaker than GWB. His interviews (without prompter) demonstrates that he's extremely intelligent. Where did you get this stuff Faux News/Sean Hannity talking points....?
Here he is speaking without his teleprompters. He can barely finish a sentence. I honestly wonder if he's taking drugs or something in this clip? But this is generally how he speaks when he's not reading from a script. I assure you, if a regular person spoke this way in a college speech course, they would fail or just barely get by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5L0wDVE6M

And when he does use his scripts, his delivery is so monotone and boring it even puts his own VP to sleep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUo51iE7lf4

Old 10-23-2015, 06:08 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Here he is speaking without his teleprompters. He can barely finish a sentence.
did you catch any of his teleprompter free interviews like 60 Mins? of course you didn't - how about this prompter speech to the UN......doesn't satisfy your standards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6oxByE_lEU

Old 10-23-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Here is my concern with Carson... EVERYTHING
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...since-slavery/

Old 10-23-2015, 06:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Here's My Concern With Ben Carson....

... even if you agree with the things he says, being a likeable doctor just isn't enough to qualify a person to be President... even if they're black.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:21 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Carson now leading Trump in Iowa. I think Carson is a great candidate, but does he have what it takes to take on Hillary Clinton in a debate? Like her or not, Hillary Clinton is a bulldog with a giant ego and a fire in the belly.... Sound familiar? Trump exemplifies the same qualities, but I'm afraid Clinton would just push Carson right off the stage in a national debate, and his humbleness and soft-spokeness would come off as weakness....

What do you think?
I think he`s a really stupid man who at one time could deal with an aneurysm but now spends his time saying stupid things. Straight men come out of prison as gays and the earth is only 6,000 years old. He`s not going to be elected to any office ever.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:27 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Too many people sell Ben Carson short and I can tell that most here spouting off negative comments about him haven't taken the time to actually look at him as a candidate:

NBC Exclusive: Ben Carson Begins First TV Ads in Key States - NBC News
https://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...be-the-same-as
Is Ben Carson Really a Viable Presidential Candidate? - Rothenblog
Ben Carson: You Don't Need to Be a Politician to be President
Dr. Ben Carson says he has what it takes to be president - Tulsa World: Election Results

Wishing Ben Carson the best of luck. It isn't that he was a brain sugeon that would qualify him to be POTUS but the fact that he has a brain and knows how to use it!

Old 10-24-2015, 03:32 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She's not just a bulldog, but a bulldog with an incredible grasp of the issues. - She didn't read some briefing book like Carson might; she lived and lives this stuff! The way she recited information at the hearing yesterday was amazing. We got a glimpse of it at the debates too, but her competition was so weak it did not come out that much. She will make Carson look like an ignorant, unqualified amateur (which is what he is, of course). She will do the same to Trump. There are two Republicans who might be able to look half way informed next to her and they are Bush and Kasich. I am sure you don't like her policies and positions, but I doubt there has been a person better qualified to be President in many, many years.

There's one everyone overlooks: Lindsey Graham. Lindsey doesn't have a SUPER-PAC. He doesn't "look presidential." The GOP ignore him and want to elect another Bush because it's always a popularity contest, just like in high school. The popular vote really doesn't matter.

Look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDpNKHvVAms

He's right; are we just going to wait around and wonder if they decide to attack us and THEN retaliate (two years later, like 9/11, and then strike the wrong country), or are we going to preempt an attack by putting strict sanctions on them and withdraw Obama's nuclear "deal" to make sure they know we are in charge? They are building weapons-grade uranium in Iran, and Israel knows this. Israel wants to stop Iran before they blast them; we are allies with Israel, so why don't we take the same stance? Because Obama is Muslim and because he wants to keep his presidential "promises."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzoGlQOu6G0

Start at 1:15.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I think he`s a really stupid man who at one time could deal with an aneurysm but now spends his time saying stupid things. Straight men come out of prison as gays and the earth is only 6,000 years old. He`s not going to be elected to any office ever.
Scary that Americans are willing to put the future of our country into the hands of a complete novice to government.

This is what sitcoms are made of.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:47 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Carson now leading Trump in Iowa. I think Carson is a great candidate, but does he have what it takes to take on Hillary Clinton in a debate? Like her or not, Hillary Clinton is a bulldog with a giant ego and a fire in the belly.... Sound familiar? Trump exemplifies the same qualities, but I'm afraid Clinton would just push Carson right off the stage in a national debate, and his humbleness and soft-spokeness would come off as weakness....

What do you think?
Yes, he can defeat HRC in a debate, but will do so in a soft spoken manner as opposed to a bombastic/loud manor like Trump.

HRC is not as smart, invincible, etc. as other think. Just another sleazy leftist; everywhere big government has been tried, it has failed. Her home state (NY) is depopulating at least with respect to domestic migration.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:49 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
I don't think you have to know politics to be president but as the head of a division in the hospital I would need to know about his big executive decisions, problems he's solved, crises he handled, adversity he's ever faced at work, any work at all with budget implementation, any deals he's ever made that would show his strength at negotiating, any jobs he's created, his accomplishments as the head of a division.

The CNBC debate should be mostly about jobs and the economy. I would think the business people and the governors will do well in this next debate and that Trump and Fiorina may have an edge because of the international dealings they have had. The business people and the governors should be able to explain how their accomplishments translate to how those same skills can apply to the presidency.

The senators and the doctor will talk about what they would like to do and what they know but the objective for the 2 business people and the governors is to make the senators and the surgeon say whether they have ever done it. It's easy to be a critic and have big ideas but fancy speeches don't tell me you have the capability to pull off your ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections