U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 01:10 PM

9,876 posts, read 6,609,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Carson will not be our next President. Period. End of story.

Why? Because there's a significant number of Americans who, if they were hooked up to a polygraph, would reveal they simply can not handle to idea of an African-American being this country's chief executive.

These are the same people whose heads were exploding on day one of our current President's term, the same folks whose representatives in Congress were directed to take any and all measures to tank any initiatives he may have put forward.

Sorry kids, as much as I'd like the narrative to be different, as much as I'd like to believe we're well past that, it just ain't so. A black face in the White House won't happen again for a good long time irrespective of how qualified or in what dire straits the nation may be in.

To pour more gas on the fire, I tend to think a lot of folks problems with Hillery boils down to her being a woman. Less so in that at least there is some enlightenment in their own lives that women are capable of good decision-making, but again there are a lot of Alpha-males that have a core belief that white males are the only humans that should hold any power or lead.

Again, I wish it were different but see few sign that the country has evolved that far.

Feel free to fight amongst yourselves.
Well, there's an old saying in the black community about being "twice as good" in order to have a chance. Carson, while a brilliant surgeon, has demonstrated little knowledge outside his field. He's just not qualified in terms of public policy - his skin color or ethnicity doesn't come into play.

While I believe that the hurdles for an African American candidate are much higher than for a Caucasian one, I am not as pessimistic as you. Demographic changes that move away from groups that tend to be more hostile to an African American or a female head of state will help that.

Old 10-24-2015, 01:15 PM

4,416 posts, read 1,887,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I think he`s a really stupid man who at one time could deal with an aneurysm but now spends his time saying stupid things. Straight men come out of prison as gays and the earth is only 6,000 years old. He`s not going to be elected to any office ever.
Yes. Just these two moronic statements alone disqualify him. How can we take anyone seriously if they think this way. He has no chance nor do I really see any of the Republican candidates as viable. It'll be a first if we elect another Democrat after 2 terms of the same party President. That is, if history is any indication, our next president should be an R but I just don't see it. It's still early though but at this time it is anyone but an R for me. Peace out.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:52 PM

20,199 posts, read 12,105,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Working in Healthcare for over 20 yrs, I knew a ton of talented physicians who were absolutely bad at so many things away from the clinical setting whether it be personal relationships, business decisions, or even discussion of world , US politics. Too many people are looking at Carson's surgical skills and for some reason transferring that to an ability to lead 300 million people and handle the day to day work of running our government and all that entails.

maybe he thinks he will perform lobotomies on all the liberals??

Old 10-24-2015, 03:58 PM

3,299 posts, read 1,869,764 times
Who if anyone here would have a problem with Carson as a Vice President?

Old 10-24-2015, 04:00 PM

10,717 posts, read 4,419,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Carson will not be our next President. Period. End of story.

Why? Because there's a significant number of Americans who, if they were hooked up to a polygraph, would reveal they simply can not handle to idea of an African-American being this country's chief executive.

These are the same people whose heads were exploding on day one of our current President's term, the same folks whose representatives in Congress were directed to take any and all measures to tank any initiatives he may have put forward.

Sorry kids, as much as I'd like the narrative to be different, as much as I'd like to believe we're well past that, it just ain't so. A black face in the White House won't happen again for a good long time irrespective of how qualified or in what dire straits the nation may be in.

To pour more gas on the fire, I tend to think a lot of folks problems with Hillery boils down to her being a woman. Less so in that at least there is some enlightenment in their own lives that women are capable of good decision-making, but again there are a lot of Alpha-males that have a core belief that white males are the only humans that should hold any power or lead.

Again, I wish it were different but see few sign that the country has evolved that far.

Feel free to fight amongst yourselves.
Yep. The only way for Americans to prove they aren't racist and sexist is to never, ever, elect another white man President.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:03 PM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 26 days ago)

58,169 posts, read 40,957,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
We've had an unqualified man in the white house for the past seven years. He can't even give a two minute speech without reading from teleprompters, and every deal he touches is bungled. He's like the complete opposite of Midas, and yet the media tripped over each other to lick his shoes and endorse him. Ben Carson is a neurosurgeon and completed many successful surgeries.. Obama is a "community organizer" from Chicago, a community mired in some of the worst community violence in the world. And Carson is the one unqualified?
Yes, he is! He's apparently so ignorant of US history he thinks the ACA was worse for the country than the Civil War, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, et al.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:06 PM

10,327 posts, read 10,346,714 times
How can Carlson go against his Hypocratic Oath. How can he send soldiers to kill?

Old 10-24-2015, 04:09 PM

4,810 posts, read 2,568,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yep. The only way for Americans to prove they aren't racist and sexist is to never, ever, elect another white man President.
I propose baby steps like not going ballistic about a black guy appearing in a "Star Wars" trailer.

One step at a time, crackers, one step at a time...

Old 10-24-2015, 04:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,196,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How can Carlson go against his Hypocratic Oath. How can he send soldiers to kill?
Carlson, Hypocratic?

Are you posting drunk?

Old 10-24-2015, 04:23 PM

10,717 posts, read 4,419,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Who if anyone here would have a problem with Carson as a Vice President?
The purpose of that office is to provide a reserve POTUS. So if a candidate is unqualified to be President then, of course, he or she is also unqualified to be Vice President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or