U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 09:06 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,091,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Carson now leading Trump in Iowa. I think Carson is a great candidate, but does he have what it takes to take on Hillary Clinton in a debate? Like her or not, Hillary Clinton is a bulldog with a giant ego and a fire in the belly.... Sound familiar? Trump exemplifies the same qualities, but I'm afraid Clinton would just push Carson right off the stage in a national debate, and his humbleness and soft-spokeness would come off as weakness....

What do you think?
OP, I didn't mean to derail the thread; in fair response to your original question, I think Hillary could (she has the gunpowder for it) blow a gasket at Carson, and he'd probably just stand there, smile, and offer up some non sequitur. He literally looks and speaks like he's on a morphine drip.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:16 AM

30,019 posts, read 16,602,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
I'm not sure why it matters. As another poster pointed out above, Obama learned as he went, but he's still a terrible president. Obama shows up to an event, sets up his teleprompters, puts everyone to sleep, and then he's off to his next fundraiser or whatever. And that makes him "presidential".

What you need to understand is, they have advisers and people who do the real work for them. So being "presidential" is a matter of opinion. I think just about anyone with a modicum of motivation and the ability to read from a script could do the job after a few weeks of "on the job training". The difference is, Carson is clearly a smart man; you don't meet too many stupid neurosurgeons after all. And Obama was a "community organizer". It sounds like something a 19 year old would put in his or her resume after volunteering at a soup kitchen on a Sunday afternoon, to make it look like he has job experience.
YOU think he's a terrible president but the world does not. He was TWICE elected. So, you may not like what he has done but he has accomplished much and in the face of unprecedented opposition.

Carson - simply hasn't a clue. He cannot answer the simplest of questions such as what he would have done differently after 9/11. He doesn't know which countries are where. He doesn't know even who the players are.

Yes, I have met stupid doctors. Kind of like idiot savants. Brilliant at what they do but clueless at little else.

Carson will not be our next President so I hope you are not too disappointed.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:19 AM

3,017 posts, read 1,871,010 times
My concern is that people base their votes on debates and commercials.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:27 AM

6,851 posts, read 11,116,567 times
Why anyone even remotely close to retirement age would vote for Ben Carson is beyond me.

Here is his proposal to do away with Medicare:
Carson wants to eliminate both Medicare and Medicaid and replace it with health savings accounts (HSAs) funded by an annual $2,000 federal contribution.

Under Carson’s plan:

The government would contribute $2,000 to each individual’s tax-free account annually;
A third of the government’s contribution would be earmarked for severe medical incidents;
Individuals and employers can contribute additional funds to the account;
Unspent funds can be shared among family members.

Um, on what planet would $2000 a year in medical costs work for the average senior?? Is he for real? Hope you don't need any surgery!!!

Old 10-25-2015, 08:28 AM

21,559 posts, read 14,358,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She's not just a bulldog, but a bulldog with an incredible grasp of the issues. - She didn't read some briefing book like Carson might; she lived and lives this stuff! The way she recited information at the hearing yesterday was amazing. We got a glimpse of it at the debates too, but her competition was so weak it did not come out that much. She will make Carson look like an ignorant, unqualified amateur (which is what he is, of course). She will do the same to Trump. There are two Republicans who might be able to look half way informed next to her and they are Bush and Kasich. I am sure you don't like her policies and positions, but I doubt there has been a person better qualified to be President in many, many years.

The only one who has a better grasp of the issues is Bernie Sanders. The Republicans are dreadful, and the Bush Dynasty is the GOP's only hope of defeating Clinton. They had better get onboard with Jeb real quick if they want the White House next year.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:31 AM

21,559 posts, read 14,358,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post

Um, on what planet would $2000 a year in medical costs work for the average senior?? Is he for real? Hope you don't need any surgery!!!
Remember, this is a black man who said "Obamacare is worse than slavery".

This plays well with a racist white base but it is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard a politician say, about any subject, in any context.

Carson is not, nor has he ever, been ready for primetime. He might be a great surgeon, but running a country and being a diplomat? He is in way over his head. Good thing the base remains oblivious.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:37 AM

10,328 posts, read 10,351,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Carlson, Hypocratic?

Are you posting drunk?
I am nt drunk at all. Right off he is acting like he would go against his oath.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha......based on what?!?!
Are you just acting like a MOPE or what.? You just got the facts. Go put some sugar in your Tea, would ya?

Old 10-25-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Remember, this is a black man who said "Obamacare is worse than slavery".

This plays well with a racist white base but it is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard a politician say, about any subject, in any context.

Carson is not, nor has he ever, been ready for primetime. He might be a great surgeon, but running a country and being a diplomat? He is in way over his head. Good thing the base remains oblivious.

He would do better at sticking with castrating Bullfrogs.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:52 AM

39,256 posts, read 20,356,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Carson now leading Trump in Iowa. I think Carson is a great candidate, but does he have what it takes to take on Hillary Clinton in a debate? Like her or not, Hillary Clinton is a bulldog with a giant ego and a fire in the belly.... Sound familiar? Trump exemplifies the same qualities, but I'm afraid Clinton would just push Carson right off the stage in a national debate, and his humbleness and soft-spokeness would come off as weakness....

What do you think?
Yes Hillary would, a racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or