Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 03:45 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,433 times

Advertisements

Guess we are criticizing Putin for holding power for to long which is undemocratic while we are about to reelect Clinton for 3rd term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 03:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Your point makes absolutely no sense. You have not bothered to read the wiki article I referenced have you ?
I don't need to read a wiki article to know what's in the constitution or to know something about history. Family members have been elected to the Presidency before. Also to governorships, mayorships, city councils, state legislatures, Congress, and county clerkships. Probably dogcatcher and the executives of mosquito control districts for all I know.

I have no problem with it, since I vote for the person. And I generally oppose laws that tell voters who they cannot elect. If a person qualifies for the office, then voters should have the opportunity to vote for her/him.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Guess we are criticizing Putin for holding power for to long which is undemocratic while we are about to reelect Clinton for 3rd term.
Now you're really stretching.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:48 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
You 2 are disgusting. There are plenty of good reasons to dislike Hillary but the sexist crap your spewing just makes you look like an ignorant *******.
Sounds more like scared sexist lowlifes to me.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:59 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't need to read a wiki article to know what's in the constitution or to know something about history. Family members have been elected to the Presidency before. Also to governorships, mayorships, city councils, state legislatures, Congress, and county clerkships. Probably dogcatcher and the executives of mosquito control districts for all I know.

I have no problem with it, since I vote for the person. And I generally oppose laws that tell voters who they cannot elect. If a person qualifies for the office, then voters should have the opportunity to vote for her/him.
The article states that 2 term limit was enacted in 1950th.

Family members, But she already served in the Oval Office by being the First Lady. She already held that Office !

Old 10-24-2015, 04:05 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogCross View Post
Let's see, we have Bush the first, Shrub the second, and Papist the third as a wannabe. And you're worried about Hillary? Worry more about the Pope running the country than the second coming of a Clinton.
I guess Kennedy winning 55 years ago didn't end the Papist nonsense.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:11 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
She's not running for first lady and she never served as President. There is no prohibition against family members - we've had fathers and sons and sets of cousins. And at least three times, a brother running after his brother had served (Robert and Teddy Kennedy and of course Jeb! Bush). There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution, or any amendments, prohibiting that, or remotely raising a question of whether a spouse of a prior president could be elected.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:34 PM

27,138 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
When this law was passed, no one thought of women running for office, so it does not mention the first lady. I think that the spirit of this law does not allow for first lady to run for presidency. I think we need SCOTUS to rule on this before we can consider Hillary !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty...s_Constitution

AS posted in another thread her theft from the White House out to ban her from the premises.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:43 PM

230 posts, read 430,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I guess Kennedy winning 55 years ago didn't end the Papist nonsense.
Bush isn't JFK. JFK believed in civil authority over religious authority. Jeb Bush is the polar opposite.

Bush is an extremely religious conservative catholic who converted because of his wife. He kept a dead woman, Terri Schiavo, "alive" for over ten years because of his catholic beliefs and against the express wishes of her husband. The Pope fully supported Bush. Bush has spoken glowingly in regard to the current Pope. There is no doubt Bush would again put his religious beliefs ahead of our citizens' civil rights.

Jeb 'Put Me Through Hell’ - POLITICO Magazine

Schiavo Autopsy Released

Triangulating Hillary Clinton supported federal legislation that helped Bush, which is another strike against her. Unfortunately, she seems to be the best of a bad lot that will make the final ballot.

The money Bush and company spent keeping a dead person alive for religious and political reasons is obscene, especially when you consider how much it could have helped others with real, pressing medical needs.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
The article states that 2 term limit was enacted in 1950th.

Family members, But she already served in the Oval Office by being the First Lady. She already held that Office !
No, she didn't. Her husband, Bill Clinton, served as President. I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between two people who have the same last name, but the fact is, she's never been elected President, so she hasn't even had a first term yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections