Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 11:25 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times

Advertisements

Obama saved all of his antics/insults and "evolving" until after the election.

That's the difference between a politician and an outsider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 11:48 PM

211 posts, read 301,851 times
I think the media is severely biased against Trump. If you read his quotes they sound like something a moron would say - repeating the same thing, using simplistic phrases and hyperbole. Either Trump is dumb as bricks or the media is toying with him. Of course, it's possible to be a billionaire and a moron, but I'm just biding my time to see if Trump will eventually say something that's remotely intelligent or will be reported in a manner that demonstrates strains of civility. If I were to vote based on what I see on TV and read on news websites I wouldn't vote for someone that comes across as a mentally deficient person - which is how Trump is being depicted.

Interestingly, that makes me wonder about his supporters. Either they are privy to information about Trump that the media has not reported on, or they are just as dumb themselves.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Some people criticizing Trump are starting to sound and act like Rosie O'donnell. She begin criticizing him because she was jealous and envious of his success and everything she did in business was a failure. She started telling lies about him and using her position on the View to publicly attack him. She didn't like him and had to run her mouth but he hadn't done anything to her personally at the time. She got Trump's attention and her glass house was shattered more by the truth than anything that could have been made up.

I don't agree with or like everything about Trump. When it comes to the issues that need to be address to put America back on track to restore or regain our position as a world power that should be respected he is spot on. If elected I don't think he will get half of what he wants passed into legislation. That can be said of all the candidates running. What makes him different is that he sees what the real problems are like immigration, trade, jobs, taxes and the others don't see or address the issues with anything but band-aids while keeping the systems in place that have been a disaster. They all want to change the way we live and work when what needs to change is the way they live and the way government works.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:38 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Even better question; Are any of the candidates, anyone you would want as President of the U.S.?
THIS is the real problem. I just can't gather enough supportive feelings for anyone at this point. No one. I'm just frustrated all-over!

Old 10-26-2015, 01:42 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
THIS is the real problem. I just can't gather enough supportive feelings for anyone at this point. No one. I'm just frustrated all-over!
I feel your pain. I am excited about no one.

Right now I will simply vote for the person most likely to keep the trains running on time. This will be purely pragmatic for me, I just want to minimize the potential for damage.

That's most likely going to be Hillary.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:43 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
You elected Barack Obama, didn't you?

Old 10-26-2015, 01:44 PM

756 posts, read 424,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Even better question; Are any of the candidates, anyone you would want as President of the U.S.?
No.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:48 PM

756 posts, read 424,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I feel your pain. I am excited about no one.

Right now I will simply vote for the person most likely to keep the trains running on time. This will be purely pragmatic for me, I just want to minimize the potential for damage.

That's most likely going to be Hillary.
Same here and I can't stand her

Old 10-26-2015, 01:52 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athithi View Post
I think the media is severely biased against Trump. If you read his quotes they sound like something a moron would say - repeating the same thing, using simplistic phrases and hyperbole. Either Trump is dumb as bricks or the media is toying with him. Of course, it's possible to be a billionaire and a moron, but I'm just biding my time to see if Trump will eventually say something that's remotely intelligent or will be reported in a manner that demonstrates strains of civility. If I were to vote based on what I see on TV and read on news websites I wouldn't vote for someone that comes across as a mentally deficient person - which is how Trump is being depicted.

Interestingly, that makes me wonder about his supporters. Either they are privy to information about Trump that the media has not reported on, or they are just as dumb themselves.
And what about the Sanders and Hillary supporters?

Old 10-26-2015, 01:59 PM

211 posts, read 301,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And what about the Sanders and Hillary supporters?
The media is reporting both positive and negative stories about Sanders and Hillary, so I can understand why some people support them. In my book, anyone who's a die-hard supporter of any political candidate needs to reevaluate their life. Electing a politician is just as much a choice of pragmatism and near-term benefits as it is for any politician asking for votes. Beyond that only dictators and lemmings operate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections