U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 02:07 AM

2,888 posts, read 4,690,049 times

Advertisements

If you are wondering, Besilu Stables is owned by Benjamin Leon the founder of Leon Medical Centers located in Miami FL. One of the many South Florida rackets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 02:18 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,359,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What a quitter! Just another reason why Rubio doesn't have the strength of character to lead this country.

Rubio gives up on Senate:

Rubio is NOTHNG but a total phony, self-serving, bogus deceiver. Bad for this Nation, like we don't have enough of that Now.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:42 AM

2,888 posts, read 4,690,049 times
I believe Rubio is simply trying to distance himself from the establishment and trying to show that he is also feed up with Washington. He clearly sees that Trump and Carson are in the lead because they are not career politicians and are able to criticize the entire political system. He wants to be in the same position as them. This act is his only hope of staying as a viable contender. As for Bush criticizing Rubio something tells me that he is also in on the plan. Bush knows that he is most likely done, and Rubio is plan B.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:27 PM

371 posts, read 304,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I believe Rubio is simply trying to distance himself from the establishment and trying to show that he is also feed up with Washington. He clearly sees that Trump and Carson are in the lead because they are not career politicians and are able to criticize the entire political system. He wants to be in the same position as them. This act is his only hope of staying as a viable contender. As for Bush criticizing Rubio something tells me that he is also in on the plan. Bush knows that he is most likely done, and Rubio is plan B.
I agree. It is also likely that Rubio has been advised to skip votes in order to avoid placing the wrong vote and losing supporters as he did with immigration reform. If he is on the wrong side of a vote now, his campaign would be finished. In a CNN interview, the reporter said Rand Paul and Ted Cruz had missed at most 10 votes, while Rubio missed 59. Rubio did not dispute this.

Last edited by hashbrown; 10-27-2015 at 06:53 PM..

Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 PM

5,599 posts, read 4,906,169 times
Rubio not only missed votes, he also missed hearings on committees he was a member of. What a slacker. Collecting his paycheck and not doing the job he was hired to do. Seems Rubio has a history of helping himself financially by unethical means.

Marco Rubio's 'big money' problem - Business Insider

Old 10-28-2015, 09:51 AM

15,367 posts, read 5,682,389 times
Default Florida Sun Sentinel--Rubio Should Resign, Not Rip Us Off

One of the most influential newspapers in Florida is calling on Sen. Rubio to resign his seat in the Senate because he is not doing his job. Rubio has missed 59 Senate votes since he started his campaign for president, including many on issues deemed important by Republicans who sent him to Congress.

"Two weeks ago, you took to the Senate floor to excoriate federal workers at the Department of Veterans Affairs for failing to do their jobs. You said, "there is really no other job in the country where if you don't do your job, you don't get fired."

With the exception of your job, right?"

Sen. Marco Rubio should resign, not rip us off - Sun Sentinel

Rubio has responded to criticism by declaring that "voting is not the most important part of the job" of being a Senator. I guess running for president is.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:10 AM

45,613 posts, read 33,877,378 times
He's getting paid $178,000 a year plus benefits and he refuses to show for work because he does not like the Senate and has instead decided to run on a lackluster record for president.

This whiny baby deserves the public slam.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:17 AM

998 posts, read 545,032 times
We already have a president who spends most of his time playing golf and reading from a teleprompter like a zombie. Rubio, I think, is not a particularly smart or a particularly hard working person. He's a pretty typical government employee, the type who comes to work, checks his e-mails and then spends the other 6 hours in the break room watching Maury paternity tests and drinking coffee. He just happens to be near the top of the Washington hierarchy. He sure does like to drink that water though. He absorbs it, and expels it constantly like some type of enormous sponge.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:19 AM

10,477 posts, read 6,175,946 times
Wow indeed.

Of course, I think that the honorable thing for any such situated politician (including Senator Sanders and the others) is to resign their positions from public office if they wish to run for President. In other words, burn your bridges behind you if you desire to be President. It would certainly have narrowed the number of those tossing their hats into the ring.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,110,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
One of the most influential newspapers in Florida is calling on Sen. Rubio to resign his seat in the Senate because he is not doing his job. Rubio has missed 59 Senate votes since he started his campaign for president, including many on issues deemed important by Republicans who sent him to Congress.

"Two weeks ago, you took to the Senate floor to excoriate federal workers at the Department of Veterans Affairs for failing to do their jobs. You said, "there is really no other job in the country where if you don't do your job, you don't get fired."

With the exception of your job, right?"

Sen. Marco Rubio should resign, not rip us off - Sun Sentinel

Rubio has responded to criticism by declaring that "voting is not the most important part of the job" of being a Senator. I guess running for president is.
Saw this on Morning Joe. Pretty good editorial. I feel Rubio has let us Floridians down as well. I think he and his handlers are trying to give himself a JFK type persona, but it's not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or