Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 09:02 AM

1,733 posts, read 948,193 times

Advertisements

Former Congressman: I'm Quitting GOP - Breitbart

When I first arrived in the U.S. House of Representatives, I naively believed that it was primarily the Democrats who were committed to open borders. But I quickly learned the entire Republican establishment also supported a policy of immigration non-enforcement.
I was repeatedly pulled into the office of the then-Majority Leader, Tom DeLay, and threatened with dire consequences if I continued to speak out publicly for common-sense immigration policies and true border security – particularly if I was doing so in the districts of other Republican Members of Congress.
For most of those years after 2000, we had a Republican President and a Republican-controlled Congress, but the conservative agenda was largely ridiculed and abandoned.

The entire article is spot on.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:34 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
This is exactly why conservatives are fed up with the good-ole-boy political class and are looking for outsiders to shake it up.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:16 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This is exactly why conservatives are fed up with the good-ole-boy political class and are looking for outsiders to shake it up.
and Tancredo was and is exactly why the GOP is losing the Latino vote big time. Also add 2 parts of Pete Wilson and stir with Trump.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:03 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Former Congressman: I'm Quitting GOP - Breitbart

When I first arrived in the U.S. House of Representatives, I naively believed that it was primarily the Democrats who were committed to open borders. But I quickly learned the entire Republican establishment also supported a policy of immigration non-enforcement.
I was repeatedly pulled into the office of the then-Majority Leader, Tom DeLay, and threatened with dire consequences if I continued to speak out publicly for common-sense immigration policies and true border security – particularly if I was doing so in the districts of other Republican Members of Congress.
For most of those years after 2000, we had a Republican President and a Republican-controlled Congress, but the conservative agenda was largely ridiculed and abandoned.

The entire article is spot on.
Excellent! I've always been a fan of Tom Tancredo! Thanks for posting it!

Now, to the poster who commented about Hispanics---Believe it or not, he did count Hispanic-Americans among his supporters.

Hispanics are not a monolith that wants amnesty and open borders and votes in lockstep with La Raza. Many of us don't appreciate being stereotyped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections