U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-26-2015, 01:18 PM
 
4,541 posts, read 860,399 times
Reputation: 2120

Advertisements

I am beyond sick of her, listening to her talk is just painful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-26-2015, 01:21 PM
 
10,317 posts, read 10,320,519 times
Reputation: 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Again, you choose not to understand what she was saying in the larger context. I'm a Bernie supporter, by the way. He's my first choice. But I'm also a woman and I understand where Hillary was coming from. As, I'm sure, do millions of other women. And the GOP dismisses that as merely "playing the gender card" to their detriment.


And the GOP dismisses that as merely "playing the gender card" to their detriment.

GOP= The inventors of the circular firing squad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 01:32 PM
 
Location: NJ
16,812 posts, read 11,755,818 times
Reputation: 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Hillary Clinton

Versus

Hillary Clinton

Soooo, were supposed to believe her gender makes her a more appealing candidate in one instance but in another she's a victim of sexism?
Can't have it both ways! If we have equality, you can claim outrage at sexism but you don't get to claim that your gender makes you a more appealing candidate.
HRC does this because she views the electorate as dummies to be duped by her foolish patter.

Why heck, DWShultz threw out the first pitch over a year ago, heralding the fight to free US women from slavery and oppression.

"This Wednesday on MSNBC, DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) said that being critical of Hillary Clinton is “offensive” and an example of the war on women."




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrMp...layer_embedded


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFT...yer_detailpage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 01:35 PM
 
756 posts, read 338,076 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
A diseased mind that made Trey Gowdy sweat like a pig and all the Republican congresscritters up there look like complete FOOLS.

Don't kid yourself.

She is smarter than all those folks put together and . . it showed. Even most Republicans will acknowledge that the optics were SO BAD for the Republicans but . . you choose to believe what you will .

Except for the emails, shown on national television, that prove she LIED about what she told the American people and the families of those killed versus what she told her daughter and she lies about Sydney Blumenthal.

This may give her a temporary boost but there is 11 HOURS of her lying, contradicting herself, sitting there looking bored, aloof and like she can't be bothered. You can bet this comes back to haunt her later in the campaign.


Quote:
GOWDY: We're going to get to all the points you just made, but I want to start with your -- your public comment that these e-mails were unsolicited.
You wrote to him, Another keeper, thanks and please keep them coming. Greetings from Kabul and thanks for keeping this stuff coming. Any other info about it? What are you hearing now? Got it, we'll follow up tomorrow. Anything else to convey?
Now, that one is interesting because that was the very e-mail where Mr. Blumenthal was asking you to intervene on behalf of a business deal that he was pursuing in Libya.

Quote:
GOWDY: No, we're talking about credibility and the ability to assess who a source is, and whether or not that source has ever been to Libya, knows anything about Libya, or has business interests in Libya -- all of which would be important if you were going to determine the credibility, which I think is why you probably took his information off of what you sent to the White House.
Quote:
GOWDY:
Blumenthal could not get hired by our government, didn't pass any background check at all, had no role with our government, had never been to Libya, had no expertise in Libya, was critical of the president and others that you worked with, shared polling data with you on the intervention in Libya, gave you political advice on how to take credit for Libya, all the while working for The Clinton Foundation and some pseudo news entities.
And Madam Secretary, he had unfettered access to you. And he used that access, at least on one occasion, to ask you to intervene on behalf of a business venture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 01:40 PM
 
756 posts, read 338,076 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, congratulations, you are probably the only woman of your generation in America who never experienced a double standard due to your gender.
Double standard due to your gender?
Sorta like claiming non-existent sexism from Bernie Sanders on one hand and then trying to make your gender into a reason why you are a more appealing candidate than your male opposition?

I guess double standards are only bad if women are victims of them, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,187 posts, read 14,953,306 times
Reputation: 18248
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, congratulations, you are probably the only woman of your generation in America who never experienced a double standard due to your gender. (Though being in the military during what I would assume was the 70s and 80s, one would find that pretty hard to believe.)
No, as I said, I was in the military and they were other women. We didn't play the "Oh, I'm just a little woman." So, you were in the military as a woman because otherwise, you don't have a clue. The Air Force! Or, if you aren't a woman, maybe you know because of the way you treated women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trust me, most women who heard her understood her perfectly, in much the same way that most women who heard Fiorina's retort to Trump regarding his comment on her looks understood her perfectly.

As for the rest of your post, I watched all 11 hours of her testimony last week. She was in command of not only herself, but the facts, throughout. In the end it was the Republican members of the pretend Benghazi committee whose brains were short circuiting. Gowdy was sweating so profusely I was worried he was going into cardiac arrest. And Clinton, at the end of that grueling session, looked cool, calm and in control. In short, presidential.
Florina and Clinton are an embarrassment to women who want a level playing field. I don't feel entitled just because I am a "woman" and neither do I feel a man is entitled because he is a "man". Good grief, let's not go back to the 1950s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What do you care?

Come on, you wouldn't vote for her if she were the fairy godmother.

Just another bashing Hillary thread.

Lands, she must be a really formidable candidate.
You know, I keep wondering that about you since you seem to like pointing out the flaws with Ben Carson. So, you were seriously considering voting for him? At least a "bashing Hillary thread" has a lot of deserved comments while most of what is posted about Ben Carson is nothing more than race and/or religion based.
So? Let me clue you in, "you are the pot calling the kettle black". Yep, I remember reading your posts.

Hillary didn't do well at the hearing unless you were a fan. Seriously, I can't imagine anyone watching and listening to that and wanting to vote her into a job with even more responsibility.

I used to vote Democratic but.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 03:03 PM
 
10,317 posts, read 10,320,519 times
Reputation: 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, as I said, I was in the military and they were other women. We didn't play the "Oh, I'm just a little woman." So, you were in the military as a woman because otherwise, you don't have a clue. The Air Force! Or, if you aren't a woman, maybe you know because of the way you treated women?



Florina and Clinton are an embarrassment to women who want a level playing field. I don't feel entitled just because I am a "woman" and neither do I feel a man is entitled because he is a "man". Good grief, let's not go back to the 1950s!



You know, I keep wondering that about you since you seem to like pointing out the flaws with Ben Carson. So, you were seriously considering voting for him? At least a "bashing Hillary thread" has a lot of deserved comments while most of what is posted about Ben Carson is nothing more than race and/or religion based.
So? Let me clue you in, "you are the pot calling the kettle black". Yep, I remember reading your posts.

Hillary didn't do well at the hearing unless you were a fan. Seriously, I can't imagine anyone watching and listening to that and wanting to vote her into a job with even more responsibility.

I used to vote Democratic but.................

Millions thought she waxed their asses. Even many repubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 05:40 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
29,744 posts, read 16,481,599 times
Reputation: 22347
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and Hillary is doing the same to Bernie sanders, although not quite successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, as I said, I was in the military and they were other women. We didn't play the "Oh, I'm just a little woman." So, you were in the military as a woman because otherwise, you don't have a clue. The Air Force! Or, if you aren't a woman, maybe you know because of the way you treated women?



Florina and Clinton are an embarrassment to women who want a level playing field. I don't feel entitled just because I am a "woman" and neither do I feel a man is entitled because he is a "man". Good grief, let's not go back to the 1950s!



You know, I keep wondering that about you since you seem to like pointing out the flaws with Ben Carson. So, you were seriously considering voting for him? At least a "bashing Hillary thread" has a lot of deserved comments while most of what is posted about Ben Carson is nothing more than race and/or religion based.
So? Let me clue you in, "you are the pot calling the kettle black". Yep, I remember reading your posts.


Hillary didn't do well at the hearing unless you were a fan. Seriously, I can't imagine anyone watching and listening to that and wanting to vote her into a job with even more responsibility.

I used to vote Democratic but.................
Millions of people do not agree with you and many Republicans knew that their committee was making fools of themselves.

No, I was never seriously considering voting for Ben Carson because he was a well-know religious extremist before he ever ran. According to you - no negative comments about Ben Carson are deserved? This is what you imply but you are sadly mistaken there.

Lest you think that is race related; let me remind you that I voted for a black man twice.

I have posted ABSOLUTELY nothing regarding race with regard to Ben Carson.

Take your race baiting elsewhere or perhaps it is just a classic case of projection on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Millions thought she waxed their asses. Even many repubs.
That is abosolutely correct. All you had to do was watch the Sunday morning shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
32,998 posts, read 19,960,878 times
Reputation: 12883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Millions of people do not agree with you and many Republicans knew that their committee was making fools of themselves.




.
Millions of people perhaps won't agree with me. and it is fine. You STILL can't change the fact Hillary wants to get rid of Bernie sanders, because Bernie is a threat to her. She plays the Gender card in this particular case, and Bernie was not attacking any females.

New Bernie Sanders Polls Show He Could Win

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._election.html

I won't be voting for Bernie because I disagree with his policy, but do I think he attacked any females with this comment, " “all the shouting in the world” Absolutely NOT>

I think this is the point OP was making, but unfortunately, this thread ONCE AGAIN turned into something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 05:56 PM
 
756 posts, read 338,076 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

That is abosolutely correct. All you had to do was watch the Sunday morning shows.
Oh, you mean the mainstream media who is in the tank for Hillary anyway?
This is such a croc of utterly predictable BS. The Clinton Machine was hard at work before, during and after the hearing to spin it how they wanted to spin it. All Hillary had to do was sit there and look bemused and aloof and you sheep ate it all up as "looking presidential".

The campaign even sent out emails right after the event telling her sheep/supporters what they were supposed to think about the proceedings.

Hillary's Campaign Sends Out Benghazi-Related Fundraising E-Mail | National Review Online

Then the mainstream media breathlessly reports... LOOK Hillary's campaign contributions and poll numbers are up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:46 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top