Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 11:46 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,358,326 times

Advertisements

I listened to Carly on the Sunday morning political shows today. She has some good points to make. But I don't think she will be nominated. IMO, she has a big issue with image that hurts her. Think, Cruella de Vil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 08:39 PM

782 posts, read 1,081,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Why would anyone support her?

When she's not busy running companies into the ground she's spending her time getting duped by random videos on the internet.

Her biggest success was driving Lucent into the ground but having the good sense to get out before the SEC got involved in their accounting scams.
Good post. I often wonder why everyone just talks about her failure at HP. Lucent, IMHO, should be the bigger story.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:12 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,369,939 times
Quote:
Why would anyone support her?

When she's not busy running companies into the ground she's spending her time getting duped by random videos on the internet.

Her biggest success was driving Lucent into the ground but having the good sense to get out before the SEC got involved in their accounting scams.

Saving a company is not "running it into the ground". I support Carly. I want someone who can look past politics and make the hard choices. I hope she comes in and totally slashes the Federal government back to its roots. I can see her implementing programs to get rid of all the employees and jobs that can be eliminated by computers. The only ones remaining will be on the front lines to answer questions for citizens.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:33 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Saving a company is not "running it into the ground". I support Carly. I want someone who can look past politics and make the hard choices. I hope she comes in and totally slashes the Federal government back to its roots. I can see her implementing programs to get rid of all the employees and jobs that can be eliminated by computers. The only ones remaining will be on the front lines to answer questions for citizens.
What exactly did she save?

Her record at Lucent was an unmitigated disaster that involved a rather impressive amount of accounting fraud. She appeared to be doing a good job and the company's stock price soared. Trouble was, it was all based on fraud and lies. Eventually the Carly-made bubble burst, the SEC got involved, and eventually the company got bought out by someone else. Her only success there was leaving before it became apparent what a slimy failure of an executive she actually was.

Then she went to HP and tried her best to kill it too. They never recovered from her disastrous reign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama
Good post. I often wonder why everyone just talks about her failure at HP. Lucent, IMHO, should be the bigger story.
You're right, it should be the bigger story. The HP story is easier to understand and easier to put into a 30 second news piece though. HP shows her to be merely incompetent. Lucent shows her to be both incompetent and a scam artist.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 11-02-2015 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-02-2015, 08:48 AM

587 posts, read 376,574 times
Carly has the reverse Midas touch.

Conservatives should let her run Planned Parenthood if they want to end that organization.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:49 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,369,939 times
Quote:
What exactly did she save?

Her record at Lucent was an unmitigated disaster that involved a rather impressive amount of accounting fraud. She appeared to be doing a good job and the company's stock price soared. Trouble was, it was all based on fraud and lies. Eventually the Carly-made bubble burst, the SEC got involved, and eventually the company got bought out by someone else. Her only success there was leaving before it became apparent what a slimy failure of an executive she actually was.

Then she went to HP and tried her best to kill it too. They never recovered from her disastrous reign.
You're right, it should be the bigger story. The HP story is easier to understand and easier to put into a 30 second news piece though. HP shows her to be merely incompetent. Lucent shows her to be both incompetent and a scam artist.

HP is still in business. Many tech companies are not. By cutting it's fat, it was able to purchase EDS later to enhance its consulting business. Thousands lost their jobs after that takeover. That is the nature of the game. Saving jobs is and should not part of the equation.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:53 AM

46,743 posts, read 25,661,546 times
Quote:
HP is still in business. Many tech companies are not. By cutting it's fat, it was able to purchase EDS later to enhance its consulting business. Thousands lost their jobs after that takeover. That is the nature of the game. Saving jobs is and should not part of the equation.
You are aware that HP is breaking into two companies right about now, yes?

Old 11-02-2015, 09:57 AM

42,711 posts, read 25,867,327 times
Quote:
I would give her the benefit of the doubt about whether she destroyed HP or not except for one little thing...if she didn't why has she not been offered a job as a CEO since then?

Old 11-02-2015, 10:05 AM

37,728 posts, read 40,764,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I listened to Carly on the Sunday morning political shows today. She has some good points to make. But I don't think she will be nominated. IMO, she has a big issue with image that hurts her. Think, Cruella de Vil.
Yes, I call it her strident/forceful personality. The one thing Hillary beats her on is Hillary is able to fake "nice."

Old 11-02-2015, 10:17 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,867,824 times
HP head Meg Whitman: Carly Fiorina needs more than CEO experience - Nov. 1, 2015
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections