U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2015, 11:22 PM

34,563 posts, read 33,545,462 times

Advertisements

This was me on June 10, 2015:

Rubio has as much experience at running something as Obama had in 2008. None. There is a reason some people are on a leadership track and others are not and that is before they decided to run for President, they didn't want to be the guy in charge of making big decisions.

Also, what's the better odds, he's lying about immigration now when he's running for president or he was lying then when Gang Member Rubio pushed for amnesty? By the way, Lindsey Graham was a Gang of Eight member, too. You may recall, The Capitol Hill Gang, never said anything about border security first until the public rose up against them.

I'm not hearing Rubio spouting about his non-existent Gang of Eight "accomplishments" any more than I'm hearing Hillary talk about her non-accomplishments.

He has another thing in common with Obama. He misses votes. He's the Senator who has missed the most votes. That's like passing gym if you just get dressed for gym class and he can't manage it.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/39965186-post98.html

And this on April 14, 2015:

"My take on Rubio is the same take I had on Paul Ryan, go home and run something, then run for President. The White House isn't training camp for executive wanna-be's. You can't say it was wrong for Obama and then say it's okay for a Republican. My impression is Rubio would be the face and the Republican Machine would pull the strings. It's the same old thing with these Senators who think they can be President - Big ideas, no clue as to how to implement them or handle crises. Voting isn't in a president's skill set and that's what the guys on Capitol Hill know how to do. The only thing lawyers take to the White House is knowing how to lie and obfuscate."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/39213899-post45.html

This is the Jeb Bush campaign finally saying what no one else is saying:

But its most pointed critique was of Rubio’s qualifications for office, coming just weeks after Bush himself said Rubio didn’t have a track record of accomplishment. “We need to offer a contrast to the current President. Hillary will pitch competence and experience. Marco is a GOP Obama,” the presentation stated in a preview of a possible general election match-up next November. “Rubio and President Obama have strikingly similar profiles,” it continues, “first-term senators, lawyers and university lecturers, served in part-time state legislatures for eight years, had few legislative accomplishments, and haven’t shown much interest in the process of advancing legislation and getting results.”

'Republican Obama': Jeb Bush Hits Marco Rubio in Pitch

My question is - What took them so long to see it and say it? Yes, Trump has talked about Rubio not showing up to vote but not much or anything about Rubio lacking any type of executive experience.

Not that I want Jeb BUSH to win, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 11:48 PM

17,860 posts, read 17,679,784 times
Rubio and Bush are the same exact thing.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:03 AM

2,888 posts, read 4,681,919 times
^^^ Rubio is the mini-me of Bush.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:17 AM

9,542 posts, read 5,881,293 times
If Rubio is able to out maneuver the strongest candidate to declare in decades, built the most efficient campaign team in the history of men, create ground breaking technological algorithm to target voters, and raise more money from more donors in election history; then yes he can be compared to Obama.

It's laughable that people believe someone with no executive skill is able to beat Hillary Clinton in 2008.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:49 AM

34,563 posts, read 33,545,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Rubio and Bush are the same exact thing.
The difference is Bush is qualified to be President. I may not want him for president and won't vote for him but his governor experience at least qualifies him to be in charge of the country.

Both Bush and Rubio cannot go into Florida. I think the Florida Republican Party moved their primary back to after Super Tuesday (rather than before Super Tuesday where they previously sat in the schedule in prior primary years) to ensure Rubio would be knocked out before Florida voted. I'm thinking they thought Rubio wouldn't last through 23 states and Bush had the money to stay afloat. Florida is a Winner Take All state. The 23 states that vote before Florida are all proportion-delegate states. The last thing Florida wants, as a Winner Take All state, is to have Rubio and Bush split the Florida vote and have a third candidate walk away with ALL of their delegates.

But I can tell you if Bush is having trouble treading water and Rubio isn't, they will turn on Bush just to get one Florida guy to the Florida primary, and only one. It can't be both of them.

I would love for their Florida GOP strategy to blow up in their sneaky faces and have both go down before Florida votes.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:53 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,357,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This was me on June 10, 2015:

Rubio has as much experience at running something as Obama had in 2008. None. There is a reason some people are on a leadership track and others are not and that is before they decided to run for President, they didn't want to be the guy in charge of making big decisions.

Also, what's the better odds, he's lying about immigration now when he's running for president or he was lying then when Gang Member Rubio pushed for amnesty? By the way, Lindsey Graham was a Gang of Eight member, too. You may recall, The Capitol Hill Gang, never said anything about border security first until the public rose up against them.

I'm not hearing Rubio spouting about his non-existent Gang of Eight "accomplishments" any more than I'm hearing Hillary talk about her non-accomplishments.

He has another thing in common with Obama. He misses votes. He's the Senator who has missed the most votes. That's like passing gym if you just get dressed for gym class and he can't manage it.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/39965186-post98.html

And this on April 14, 2015:

"My take on Rubio is the same take I had on Paul Ryan, go home and run something, then run for President. The White House isn't training camp for executive wanna-be's. You can't say it was wrong for Obama and then say it's okay for a Republican. My impression is Rubio would be the face and the Republican Machine would pull the strings. It's the same old thing with these Senators who think they can be President - Big ideas, no clue as to how to implement them or handle crises. Voting isn't in a president's skill set and that's what the guys on Capitol Hill know how to do. The only thing lawyers take to the White House is knowing how to lie and obfuscate."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/39213899-post45.html

This is the Jeb Bush campaign finally saying what no one else is saying:

But its most pointed critique was of Rubio’s qualifications for office, coming just weeks after Bush himself said Rubio didn’t have a track record of accomplishment. “We need to offer a contrast to the current President. Hillary will pitch competence and experience. Marco is a GOP Obama,” the presentation stated in a preview of a possible general election match-up next November. “Rubio and President Obama have strikingly similar profiles,” it continues, “first-term senators, lawyers and university lecturers, served in part-time state legislatures for eight years, had few legislative accomplishments, and haven’t shown much interest in the process of advancing legislation and getting results.”

'Republican Obama': Jeb Bush Hits Marco Rubio in Pitch

My question is - What took them so long to see it and say it? Yes, Trump has talked about Rubio not showing up to vote but not much or anything about Rubio lacking any type of executive experience.

Not that I want Jeb BUSH to win, either.
you are on target. Rubio is a phony Slickster sorta like Slick willie Clinton, but not as Slick.

I've seen a real mean-spiritedness in Rubio. I rate him as a subtle Snake. Seen the Evil that lurks in his eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or