U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 05:52 AM

72,064 posts, read 83,719,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Some here say that only old White people support Trump. I say it isn't so. His support crosses all race, age, gender, demographic lines.

Mike Tyson Endorses Donald Trump for President - Breitbart
I am sure this is going to make the news everywhere. Just what he wanted, an endorsement from someone who might not even know who he is and someone that isn't the pillar of faith, honestly and character. Not to mention so many of these so called endorsements are being seen only on blogs that are set up by who knows? Breitbart is about as trustworthy as Huffington Post only on the opposite side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 05:56 AM

29,366 posts, read 39,800,226 times
Tyson is already registered and somewhere on him is a Trump Crescent tattoo.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:20 AM

2,758 posts, read 1,953,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am sure this is going to make the news everywhere. Just what he wanted, an endorsement from someone who might not even know who he is and someone that isn't the pillar of faith, honestly and character. Not to mention so many of these so called endorsements are being seen only on blogs that are set up by who knows? Breitbart is about as trustworthy as Huffington Post only on the opposite side.
Actually several news sources have confirmed the Tyson endorsement. I also a few posts back added a link as to why that may be. There are other media sources that confirm that as well. Sports is a microcosm of the general population. There are going to be athletes that like Trump and those that do not. I am glad you mentioned Brietbart though. I am a sports professional of 37 years and do read Breitbart Sports. Many of their articles do have a political slant to them, which is ok with me. But it is when I read the comments from many of their readers, I find the most entertaining. Will leave it at that.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:21 AM

4,634 posts, read 2,788,753 times
Mike Tyson is a very disturbed individual that grew up on the streets of Brooklyn robbing people starting at the age of 9. In a famous 1998 interview he exclaimed that it was "fun". Even though, Iron Mike needed help, Don King and Donald Trump saw an oppurtunity to cash in. Mike Tyson was convicted of Rape and spent time in prison right in the middle of his prime.

In one of the most despicable interviews of all time Trump made a case to the public to release Mike early in the attempts to make money.

Quote:
Tyson was arrested and convicted of raping 18-year-old Desiree Washington in Indianapolis.
Suddenly, not only did Holyfield want to bow out of the fight, but Tyson faced the prospect of up to 60 years in prison. But Trump had an idea for saving Tyson and the Tyson-Holyfield match. On February 13, 1992—the day Tyson's sentencing was postponed for later in the month—Trump told a Newsday reporter that he thought a deal should be struck that would allow Tyson to serve no prison time, retain his boxing license, and fight Holyfield. In exchange for Tyson's freedom, he proposed that a cut of the fight's proceeds go to Desiree Washington and perhaps another share could go to victims of "rape and abuse" in Indiana. Trump told Newsday:
As everybody knows, I am very strong on the death penalty and for the strongest of sanctions and hardest of disciplines for anyone. But far more people can be helped by allowing the tremendous sums of money from his fights to be put into funds used for rape victims.
Trump expounded on his proposal at a press conference the following day, as reported by the Associated Press:
Now you could always say, 'Well, then, rich people are going to be able to buy themselves (out of trouble). That's not necessarily true. This is a case that's unique…The case could be made, well, you shouldn't be allowed to buy yourself out, as perhaps the prosecutor would say…But a lot more people can benefit by what I'm suggesting than by throwing a man in jail, virtually with no money—because by the time this ends he won't have any money—by throwing a man in jail, virtually penniless.
Instead, you let him go out, he would have made between $15 million and $30 million in his next fight: tremendous amount of money, tremendous amount of good (it) can be doing…Millions and millions of dollars could pour in to help people that were truly hurt, that won't have anything and that will live penniless without it. And I think a lot people, a lot of people, can be helped if this is properly handled.
Money is Donald Trumps God.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:09 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,239,955 times
Quote:
Some here say that only old White people support Trump. I say it isn't so. His support crosses all race, age, gender, demographic lines.

Mike Tyson Endorses Donald Trump for President - Breitbart
He's definitely got the convicted sex offender vote. Can't argue with you there.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:26 AM

11,758 posts, read 5,554,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm holding out to see who Buster Douglas supports.
The delicious cotton candy on Mr. Trump's head . . . . and Wendy's.

Mick

Old 12-12-2015, 09:30 AM

45,390 posts, read 18,002,973 times
Ahhh......

Responses from partisans who can only condemn those who support Trump, but who can never say why Hillary Clinton is better. You guys need to start speaking up for King Hillary because she absolutely can't win with just the partisan vote.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Ahhh......

Responses from partisans who can only condemn those who support Trump, but who can never say why Hillary Clinton is better. You guys need to start speaking up for King Hillary because she absolutely can't win with just the partisan vote.
Hillary isn't running against Trump. For the umpteenth time, there are several better candidates in the GOP than Clown Trump. Not everyone against Trump is pro-Clinton. Is that so hard to understand? Do you feel embarrassed that you were bragging about a convicted sex convict felon was endorsing Trump? I would.

Maybe you can get someone to lock this thread for you.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:58 AM

45,390 posts, read 18,002,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Hillary isn't running against Trump.
Haha. Yes she is.

And BTW, where are your topics on why Hillary will make a great President. Ahh yeah. There are none.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:55 PM

Trump Denies Mike Tyson Is Rapist | The Weekly Standard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or