Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 01:29 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Bernie supporters love using Denmark and other Scandinavian countries as role models for America. However, most supporters don't realize there is no such thing as a free meal.

For example, Denmark has a regressive tax system along with most Scandinavian countries. Not only are income taxes higher on middle class than here, but they also pay a 25% sales tax.

Would you be fine getting free college if it meant paying 25% sales tax and more in income tax for the rest of your lives?

sure, as long as you repeal the 16th Amendment, get rid of all income taxes and fire 90% of the IRS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 01:34 PM

89,022 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
It appears that I did not offend you, and I'm glad your back to your arrogant, belligerent, misinformed, and thoughtless self.
I'm none of the above. I post facts.

Switzerland has no FATCA law (so wealth, income, profits, and gains can be hidden in foreign accounts so that they're completely tax-free) and no inheritance tax. Would you be willing to repeal both FATCA and inheritance tax in the U.S., Chad?

Old 10-29-2015, 01:39 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
That's the problem with Bernie supporters, they want Denmark services, but don't want Denmark taxes.

Sorry, but it's not going to happen, I promise you that. You can think implementing a tiny tax on Wall Street or cutting military budget would pay for it, but it won't even come close and on top of that, we need to lower our debt. If we hypothetically were able to generate enough cash to pay for all these freebies by taxing Wall Street and cutting military spending, then we would still be growing out debt at an alarming rate. Sorry Bernie supporters, but you guys need a reality check.
Especially when entitlement programs like social security make up a huge chunk of the debt.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:44 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
sure!! on cars over $50K, houses over $1 Mil-,- yachts over $45K-- sure I''ll pay

Old 10-29-2015, 01:49 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Switzerland has no FATCA law (so wealth, income, profits, and gains can be hidden in foreign accounts so that they're completely tax-free) and no inheritance tax. Would you be willing to repeal both FATCA and inheritance tax in the U.S., Chad?

I'm happy to repeal estate taxes, as I consider estates the wrong thing to tax. But I don't see why someone should be able to inherit tax-free when I pay tax on the $15K I earn over a year of toil and drudgery.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:52 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Bernie supporters love using Denmark and other Scandinavian countries as role models for America. However, most supporters don't realize there is no such thing as a free meal.

For example, Denmark has a regressive tax system along with most Scandinavian countries. Not only are income taxes higher on middle class than here, but they also pay a 25% sales tax.

Would you be fine getting free college if it meant paying 25% sales tax and more in income tax for the rest of your lives?

I'm unwilling to support a tax on rent until home ownership is available to low-wage workers.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:52 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
lol

But after thinking I guess you do post some facts.

Quote:
I look forward to responding to your previous post (presently I have some things I need to do.)

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 10-29-2015 at 02:01 PM..

Old 10-29-2015, 02:11 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
Quote:

Its more than 25%. I just had a friend visiting from Sweden, they pay 34% tax. Yea, sure. Let the people who actually work for a living pay 34% taxes so all the broke losers can sit around collecting Welfare and getting free healthcare and college tuition. Its absurd and will bankrupt this country in 2 years. What works for a country of 9 million (population of LA County) isn't going to work for a country of 326 million. An idiot like Bernie Sanders should have to take a course in economics before being allowed to run for President.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:07 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I would not be fine with ANY national sales tax but I would be happy if our income tax counted all income from all sources and excludes any income under the 90th percentile. In addition, as corporations are considered individuals as supporting political parties, their income should be considered the same as personal income just like the individual citizens.

Under this system most of us would be free of Federal taxation. That would be a good idea and its effect on the economy would be very positive.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:08 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
If we got something good for it, yes. But seeing as the first 24% will get pissed away by the government on nothing, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections