U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,665 posts, read 74,612,986 times
Reputation: 48173

Advertisements

Male pattern baldness and the manners of a pig???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2015, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,394,077 times
Reputation: 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Speaks what's on his mind and that bothers the PC crowds.
In other words, he's a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2015, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
9,876 posts, read 6,615,036 times
Reputation: 6273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
You should look up that particular family held private company and their lawsuits (against them).

Let me start you off:



LeFrak facing dozens of legal battles over blocked condo views | New York Post



LeFrak sued for discrimination in federal court | Real Estate Weekly
And none of this negates the prevailing view of Trump being a thin-skinned egomaniac who is an attention seeking *****. Your point, besides that NY real estate developers generally aren't angels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2015, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,398 posts, read 9,888,823 times
Reputation: 7441
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Did you miss the part where Reagan has political experience while Trump doesn't? I'm not defending Reagan policy BUT he did have a track record with California. What is Trump's experience, bankrupting his casinos and claiming Obama isn't American? Even though I don't think Carly is right at least she ran for office before...



We dont need a bull in a China shop, we need a ladder that realizes the issue in America is the middle class. America's economic system isn't built around the rich, it's on the back of the middle class who has been getting crushed since Nixon's second term even though it came to a head during Bush 43 and Obama. I am fine with a businesses man who understands that, Trump don't.
I think the fact that he hasn't held an office is a benefit. He isn't playing politics, he's an American who built himself up threw trial and error. The politicians are so bought and paid for you might as well look to their donors for their real agenda because they will accept lobby and support from that 1%. They already are. Trump is knowledgeable about the way top companies operate. I think this is a plus.

Trump is on a level playing field with contributors, he outs them whenever he gets the chance. I realize that's ugly but business is ugly sometimes. I will no longer vote with my social fondness for a candidate, I've had it!
I will now attempt to put in a business man who has the confidence and money to run a campaign with no donations, and a man who can admit he snowed the government and knows how they do it. A man who's done business all over the world. I want an insider to business, not politics. That's exactly why I'll give him a shot. I've tried the others. Obviously that didn't work.

If it fails, then I'll state again >"I'll grab my popcorn and forget about it"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2015, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,398 posts, read 9,888,823 times
Reputation: 7441
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
In other words, he's a racist.
Gosh ya know, the racist comments are thrown around so much now they mean nothing. He was stating the truth, a lot of illegals that come commit crime or are smuggling drugs. Do you know why? Because the Cartel controls the other side of the border and if a Mexican wants to cross it he has to use them to do it. They require a service for it, like transporting a shipment of drugs. That's just a fact.

(Violent drug cartels help “every single illegal alien” cross the border between the U.S. and Mexico for a fee, and often the price is carrying a backpack full of heroin, according to a Border Patrol union president.

“Every single illegal alien that comes into the country goes through the hands of a drug cartel,” even if the immigrant doesn’t want the help, said Hector Garza. He is president of the Laredo, Texas, chapter of the National Border Patrol Council.
Mexican drug cartels put heroin into a backpack and help immigrants illegally cross the border.

“The price for being led across is carrying one of those backpacks,” Homeland Security Investigations Assistant Special Agent in Charge Adam Parks told The Daily Caller News Foundation.)

Heroin Epidemic Fueled By Flood Of Illegal Immigrants | The Daily Caller

Illegal drugs flow over and under U.S. border - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

Illegal Immigration: Drugs, Gangs and Crime

And yes, it's illegal and makes them a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2015, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,398 posts, read 9,888,823 times
Reputation: 7441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehorn_II View Post
I hate Donald Trump no more than I hate All-You-Can-Eat buffets, NASCAR races or modern country music - they are all simply totems of a culture I would rather ignore and let go on its merry-way of general insignificance.

I do generally have a bone to pick with xenophobia and thinly-veiled racism, but under-educated caucasians have a right to be fearful of their increasing economic irrelevance as much as the next group, I guess.......
They also have a right to let criminal activity occur and excuse any argument against it as racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2015, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,314 posts, read 15,776,861 times
Reputation: 9864
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I think the fact that he hasn't held an office is a benefit. He isn't playing politics, he's an American who built himself up threw trial and error. The politicians are so bought and paid for you might as well look to their donors for their real agenda because they will accept lobby and support from that 1%. They already are. Trump is knowledgeable about the way top companies operate. I think this is a plus.

Trump is on a level playing field with contributors, he outs them whenever he gets the chance. I realize that's ugly but business is ugly sometimes. I will no longer vote with my social fondness for a candidate, I've had it!
I will now attempt to put in a business man who has the confidence and money to run a campaign with no donations, and a man who can admit he snowed the government and knows how they do it. A man who's done business all over the world. I want an insider to business, not politics. That's exactly why I'll give him a shot. I've tried the others. Obviously that didn't work.

If it fails, then I'll state again >"I'll grab my popcorn and forget about it"
So instead of politicians who are bought by special interests, you want a special interest in the white house? Instead of someone who is bought by money, you want one of the buyers? Anyone else seeing the flaw in your logic besides me or am I the crazy one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2015, 11:19 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,546,891 times
Reputation: 7964
I don't hate Mr. Trump at all. In fact, if a Republican is going to win in 2016, I would like Mr. Trump to be the winner. He is moderate on most issues (mostly because he really doesn't care about the little stuff like abortion) when he is not pandering to the lowest common denominator. He has tons of charisma and he is likable (based on what you see in public).

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2015, 11:21 AM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,656,328 times
Reputation: 32347
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Trump is also running with his own money, ....
He's also seeking donations on his campaign website. I doubt he's using the money he collects to help the poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2015, 11:58 AM
 
5,936 posts, read 5,433,983 times
Reputation: 10587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? Please provide a link to Trump's comments that were racist every 10 seconds. Speaking of cheating, Bill Clinton comes to mind and so does Edwards among others and they held political office while cheating. So your point is?

The quote was:

"Mr. Tabloid with his rotating wives and cheating scandals and bankruptcies saying something racist every 10 seconds."

And you can Google his history if you want to see how many times Mr. Trump was in the news with any of that stuff, as well as any other category of controversy you can think of.

You can also find his penchant for saying something stupid, being proved wrong, and then doubling down on the stupid thing he said - often outright lying about the existence of proof he was incorrect.

You can also see ample evidence of his massive ego that leads him to exaggerate his accomplishments - and revert to behavior referred to above whenever anyone points out the exaggerations.

You can also find many examples of the childish, personal insults he throws towards anyone who openly disagrees with him. Hell, you just need to go to twitter for that. LOL

I understand the desire to have someone Anti PC who "tells it like it is" and channels anger about the direction of the country. But this guy is a lying egomaniac mean-spirited narcissist who can't handle criticism, and if it's in act it's one he's been doing for 30 years way before he had a TV show or was running for office. Lots of people who have narcissistic personality disorder are charming and/or likable. They still shouldn't be president.

And no, screaming WHAT ABOUT OBAMA! WHAT ABOUT BILL! NA NA NA BOO BOO doesn't mean anything. That's like going to punish one of your kids and he yells "What about my brother, he did this last week!" So what? This man is supposed to be able to stand as a candidate on his own merits. It there were no other politicians, would Trump suddenly be a better human being? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top