Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 09:00 PM

254 posts, read 145,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
You're wasting your time with this. Trump supporters only see and hear what they want to. And if you don't 100% agree with them you are "unpatriotic" and want to see the country destroyed.
Because the other side never slips up...

Double standards, gotta love em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 09:06 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hey Poppy.... Since I had not heard that, and land donation for national parks is something I'm interested in.... I Googled it.

Trump bought a piece of land in NY in the late 90's for $2 to 3 million and donated it to NY for use as a state park in 2006. He claimed it was worth $100 mil and got a massive tax write off. Trump donated the land after his request to build a golf course in the spot was denied because of the impact on local property owners. No improvements were made to the property and a building on it was found to have asbestos. Because of budget cuts the "park" (which never was) was closed. There are signs announcing a Donald Trump State Park. It doesn't exist.

It would be nice if he had donated land for a national park. Donations to the National Park Service or the Nature Conservancy benefit all Americans.
Well Dew, business men donate in their best interest so this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure he donated to the cancer foundation for a write off as well. I am not voting for him because I think he's an angel, nor do I agree with everything he believes but, I'm giving the business man a try this time because I've tried all the others and here we sit with a net worth per person less than we had 30 years ago. Like I said, last hope = loud mouth business man. Lol

There's a couple of threads running in the great debates section and the economy section on here. They both address my concerns. You should check them out. I've lost all hope of a humanitarian movement, now I'm trying hard, cold business i here it it goes well with capitalism.

I'm far from a happy voter though, and I get your points, trust me.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:32 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
I just find it interesting what when Trump states something that isn't true, he is misinformed. When am opponent does the same, they are a liar and attacked like wolves on a downed elk.

And just because someone doesn't support Trump, it doesn't mean that they hate him. I just means that they don't believe he is the best person for the position of President. Some people need to take a deep breath and lighten up a bit. And I would say the same to the people who don't like Trump.

Last edited by JRR; 10-29-2015 at 09:40 PM..

Old 10-29-2015, 09:37 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Civil debate in Trump thread.

Biggest laugh that I've had for awhile.

I know what you mean! After all, we have posters who come into Trump threads and call him a clown! Those posters are unable to have a "civil debate".

Old 10-29-2015, 09:49 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why stoop to the same level? Aren't we all adults here?
You're upset that posters are acting as childish as the man you're vigorously defending? You can't be serious.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:51 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunswithguns View Post
You can hear through their ears?

This sounds like more of a testament to your own ability to take in and process information. This sounds like its coming from someone whos been groomed by Bill Mahar... "good liberal... just deny"
Only the sound of the whistling wind.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:40 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Only the sound of the whistling wind.
I have say off topic, I admire your username. Great books!

Old 10-30-2015, 05:04 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
So, you really like his in-depth plan for America. Things like: "I will be the best ever" "I am excellent at foreign policy" "I will make the country great again", and "I will round up illegals and send them home". I understand there is a ton of substance in these statements, but something makes me hesitate. I can't put my finger on it!
Maybe you should look at his website or at in-depth interviews -- or even read a book he wrote setting out his governing philosophy -- instead of basing your opinion on the questions that he is asked by liberal moderators and snippets from liberal websites.

The fact is, liberals don't want to know what Trump's positions are, because they are not going to vote for him or any Republican anyway.

It's funny how they post here, though, thinking that their ill-founded opinions are of any interest to conservatives and Republicans -- or anyone with common sense.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:57 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Well Dew, business men donate in their best interest so this doesn't surprise me. I'm sure he donated to the cancer foundation for a write off as well. I am not voting for him because I think he's an angel, nor do I agree with everything he believes but, I'm giving the business man a try this time because I've tried all the others and here we sit with a net worth per person less than we had 30 years ago. Like I said, last hope = loud mouth business man. Lol

There's a couple of threads running in the great debates section and the economy section on here. They both address my concerns. You should check them out. I've lost all hope of a humanitarian movement, now I'm trying hard, cold business i here it it goes well with capitalism.

I'm far from a happy voter though, and I get your points, trust me.
To do a spin off of an old adage, show me a man who thinks voting for a rich person who gave money to politicians is the best option, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas. I got one for you, stay home if you are that let down because Trump isn't for our interests (the middle class), he is just in it for himself (The rich)

Old 10-30-2015, 07:22 AM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I just find it interesting what when Trump states something that isn't true, he is misinformed. When am opponent does the same, they are a liar and attacked like wolves on a downed elk.

And just because someone doesn't support Trump, it doesn't mean that they hate him. I just means that they don't believe he is the best person for the position of President. Some people need to take a deep breath and lighten up a bit. And I would say the same to the people who don't like Trump.
Do you understand the word "perhaps"? That meant that he may have been misinformed. We don't know the answer to that. Both sides attack the other. Is this a surprise to you? Trump gets called a clown in here all the time just for example. Is that civil debate? Pot, kettle, black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections