U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2015, 02:34 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,231,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad14 View Post
You mean mushy people not strong enough to take a stance either left or right....this is a surprise?
More like people who don't agree with everything put out by either of the parties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 02:37 PM

371 posts, read 205,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trump not exactly self-funding his campaign
The majority of money has come from donors. Heís made loans and in-kind contributions.

Donald Trump 2016 campaign raises $3.9 million - POLITICO
He has told people he doesn't need it. He is not taking money from ANY corporations or super pacs in fact the ONE super pac shut down per his wishes.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:40 PM

371 posts, read 205,293 times
Quote:
More like people who don't agree with everything put out by either of the parties?
So wouldn't they have their own ideology then? I don't agree with either thing put out by either parties either but I back Trump. He is an awesome mixture of Buchanan and Sanders and himself...IMO. He wants universal healthcare which is from the democrats,he wants to bring back jobs to America via shutting this horrible free trade crap down which will bring jobs back here so in his own way that's raising wages...he wants the illegal invaders OUT and is very much a protectionist like Buchanan....this might be the most interesting election in my lifetime!

Old 10-31-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
He has told people he doesn't need it. He is not taking money from ANY corporations or super pacs in fact the ONE super pac shut down per his wishes.
The majority of his funding comes from donors. So saying that he's self funding is an outright lie.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:00 PM

14,676 posts, read 9,733,469 times
Quote:
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 6h6 hours ago
The @WSJ Wall Street Journal loves to write badly about me. They better be careful or I will unleash big time on them. Look forward to it!

Tweet by Clown Trump is sounding more and more like Vladdy Putin every day.

Am I right or am I right?
Well, you were disappointed how quiet he was in the last debate, He was losing his edge. He was intimidated. He felt he had to shut up. The rest of us are relieved he is still Trump.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:37 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,346,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Just like the Nazis didn't consider Jews, Gypsies and gay folks "people,"

How Fascist minds think alike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunswithguns View Post
Thanks for being part of the problem
What problem? The Jewish problem? The non-Aryan problem? I don't know how Roma (Gypsy) people vote, but I'm will to make a friendly wager the vast majority of Jewish and LGBT people will not support "The Donald."

Old 10-31-2015, 03:37 PM

John Oliver on Donald Trump: 'An open book' without 'many interesting words' | MSNBC

Old 10-31-2015, 03:46 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,399,708 times
Quote:
And as usual one thing is what Trump says and another thing what he does. He is nothing more than a con artist claiming he is self funding his campaign when he is really using donor's money.

If he doesn't need people's donations all he has to do is return the money. Hey he is rich... right? Is that what he loves to brag about? However not only he hasn't returned the money, he already spent it.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:29 PM

12,351 posts, read 7,517,455 times
"They aren't that much interested in making more money, but they are very much interested in power, because they understand it."

I don't recall the exact circumstances under which I heard those words, for it was a long time ago; but the description wasn't applied to Trump, or to the Koch brothers; it was applied to the Kennedys.

My point being that money, and those who have even a modest amount of it, are viewed in very different ways depending upon not only the status, but the attitude of the beholder.

I'm approaching final retirement likely about as well-off as most of the people with whom I went to college; still well under seven figures, but among other things, I spent some time keeping the books for a non-profit cemetery with a $2M endowment -- and probably worth at least three times that today. And that money will endure, providing a few paychecks and underwriting larger portions of society's "safety net".

And I eventually found the right partners; a few years too late to face the challenges of a young family, but for many years, there have been "people to whom I belong". In the end, I believe that that sort of approach governs far more of the "players in the game" -- large or small -- in our media-saturated, sensationalism-obsessed society.

There are things which disturb me about Donald Trump -- most notably, that too many of the disaffected drawn to his camp still don't understand that government interference can't overcome the workings of the markets in the long run -- we are no longer the world's only economic super-power; but his coalition seems a lot less threatening than the Democrats' crew of big-city gangsters, influence peddlers and seekers, miscellaneous misfits, nanny-staters, "New Puritan" censors, naÔve youngsters and the totally-unmotivated.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 10-31-2015 at 05:01 PM..

Old 10-31-2015, 05:10 PM

Egotistical and condescending to the intelligence of the American voter?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 37m37 minutes ago
No complaints but how many people would be watching these really dumb but record setting debates if I wasn't in them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or