Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 07:55 AM

998 posts, read 664,873 times

Advertisements

Graham, Santorum, Jindal and Pataki... why don't they just drop out? We're just a few weeks away from the first caucus and they're polling at well under 1% in any major poll. Think about that.. they can't even capture one percent of the vote! But for some reason they insist on sticking around like a house guest who overstays their welcome, so we're forced to placate them by allowing them a chance to speak at the "kiddie table debate" which nobody will even watch. Who honestly cares what they have to say?

I mean, the way I see it, if you haven't even been promoted to the top 10 candidates by the end of two debates, just give it up, OK? These guys are now on their third undercard debate in a row, and it just looks pathetic at this point. Is that "good for their brand"? I don't think so. Just drop out already! Nobody wants you as president. You had your chance, now bow out gracefully and get out of the way!

Hopefully other clowns who are down there with you (or just barely over 1% like Christie, Kasich, etc) will get a clue as well and follow you out the door so we can actually have a REAL debate, and not a two hour competition of 30 second sound bytes. "Who won the debate?" the media pundits will ask. Nobody! It's not even a debate, you morons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 08:34 AM

24,457 posts, read 17,199,589 times
They won't bow out until the money runs out. Jeb is having to cut workers and wages in his campaign and he was supposed to be THE MAN.

I think all the lowly candidates are hoping that Trump and Carson will implode, Jeb will fallout and America will have had it with the others so then they might get noticed.

The Republican field is a like a football team and these low polling guys are on the practise squad. They never know if they will be called up for the Big game. There is always hope.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:37 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,005 times
They really believe Americans who support Trump and Carson are just suffering from temporary insanity and will come to their senses and recognize the real candidates. This is what Fox news pundits tell us every weekend. There is a huge disconnect there.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:38 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
The rumor was CNBC was setting the bar at 5% and then they caved. Has to be someone between 3% and 5% that someone big wants to see stay in the race. I'm thinking Kasich or maybe they thought Bush would be pretty low. They did gymnastics to get Kasich in the first one.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:38 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,473,186 times
They all have egos the size of Texas. This is their life and they will not drop until they're forced too financially.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:58 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
It's quite curious the need for some to push for less choice when it comes to elections.

The Democrats have already reduced it to 0 choice because Hillary Clinton will be nominated no matter how the votes go in the primary. There has been noting like this travesty in either party in living memory.

I'd think the Republicans would take lesson from that and continue encourage as many candidates as possible. Let the people decide this. Reject the political dynasties, MSM election engineering, and the status quo.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:07 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's quite curious the need for some to push for less choice when it comes to elections.

The Democrats have already reduced it to 0 choice because Hillary Clinton will be nominated no matter how the votes go in the primary.

I'd think the Republicans would take lesson from that and continue encourage as many candidates as possible. Let the people decide this. Reject the political dynasties, MSM election engineering, and the status quo.
That sounds good, and I for one am generally in favor of more choices, not fewer.

But in practice, what is happening is that the Ds have 15 highly placed volunteers, along with their respective audiences, doing their oppo research for them.

When there is such an extreme difference in size between the fields, the candidates of the party with the larger field has to spend a lot more time and effort tearing each other down.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:15 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,040 times
Maybe some will start to drop out after this debate if their poll numbers don't change. I agree with the previous poster that it's because of their egos. There are 5-6 candidates who have zero chance of winning and just need to drop out already. I also think some of these candidates don't care about winning the nomination, to them it's all about promoting their names and showing they are leaders in the GOP or factions of the GOP. This is how they keep their careers going.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:

The Democrats have already reduced it to 0 choice because Hillary Clinton will be nominated no matter how the votes go in the primary. There has been noting like this travesty in either party in living memory.

The people ARE deciding, and Pataki, Graham, Jindal, and Santorum are polling at ZERO. Nobody is interested in them or their message. That's how polling works. Voters are asked who they support, and there is clearly nobody interested in these guys, yet they insist on sticking around anyway. The people have spoken, and it's time for these losers to bow out gracefully and allow the process to move forward.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:

Also, potential voters have had more choice this go around than any time before. I believe we had 17 candidates declared for the GOP ticket? That's a record for any campaign in recent history. Which is wonderful, but you can't have an effective debate and town hall selection process if there are 17+ suits on stage trying to get their messages across before a buzzer goes off. It needs to be whittled down, and the public is making that choice right now. So that is currently happening, and the losers at the bottom of the pack really just need to step aside at this point before they embarrass themselves further and damage their party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections