U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you vote for Ben Carson?
Yes - he's awesome! 28 32.94%
No - he'd be the worst President ever! 57 67.06%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 08:29 AM

4,444 posts, read 4,610,201 times

Advertisements

I will start off by saying I will most certainly not be voting for Ben Carson. And yet, I've encountered many people who say they like him and will gladly vote for him for President.

Here's why I will fight tooth and nail to ensure this man isn't elected:

He supports a flat tax, maybe 10%, maybe 15% - that everyone will pay - the poor and rich alike. Way to go to add fuel to the fire of inequity in this country.

He wants to get rid of Medicare. Yup. No more health care for you once you turn 65.

He doesn't believe in evolution. Hello, I thought we'd gotten past that nonsense. Having a President who doesn't believe in evolution would be reason enough for me to renounce my citizenship and leave the country for good.

Oh yeah, he's totally against abortion. And gay rights too. He doesn't eat meat - I can imagine he'll want to outlaw eating meat as well.

Gun control - he wants no change in gun laws. I guess that's okay...maybe... He thinks we should have the ability to repel a "tyrannical" government. Uhem, like the kind of government he'd preside over should be elected? This one really confuses me.

Perhaps I should be thrilled that he's currently the front-runner for the Republican side - it's sure gonna pave the way for Hillary to take the White House.

What do you folks think of Ben Carson?

Old 10-28-2015, 08:33 AM

6,553 posts, read 3,281,077 times
I'd add to your list that he recently said he wanted to censor liberal political speeches on college campus. Even if all other reasons aren't good enough, you are committing something completely immoral by voting for a man who says he'll suppress political suppression.

I'm willing to respect people who vote for Trump. It's their vote and we live in a democracy. I will not respect people who vote for Carson. No one suppresses political speech and deserves respect, and neither do those who support it.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:35 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,147,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I'd add to your list that he recently said he wanted to censor liberal political speeches on college campus. Even if all other reasons aren't good enough, you are committing something completely immoral by voting for a man who says he'll suppress political suppression.

I'm willing to respect people who vote for Trump. It's their vote and we live in a democracy. I will not respect people who vote for Carson. No one suppresses political speech and deserves respect, and neither do those who support it.
Political speech is already censored on campuses. The dystopian future you fear so much is already here!!!! ZOMFG. Oh wait, they're censoring speech you don't agree with with? No problem, carry on.

I'm not voting for Ben Carson. Stupid.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:36 AM

270 posts, read 137,243 times
He's going to lose that Jesus vote the second all those thumpers find out he's a Seventh Day Adventist

Old 10-28-2015, 08:39 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,147,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
He's going to lose that Jesus vote the second all those thumpers find out he's a Seventh Day Adventist
But all those Jesus voters are racist white republicans who hate black people. Carson was never gonna get their racist vote.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:39 AM

8,590 posts, read 2,471,411 times
I would Rather Carson over anyone running on the left. I like him more than Trump. I like everyone better than Hillary. He isn't my ideal. I don't want religion involved with politics. I disagree with him in regard to abortion and a few other issues. Unlike the career politicians Carson came from nothing and is self made. Having grown up very poor he has more of a grasp on what poor people need than any of the others.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:41 AM

16,720 posts, read 14,695,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
reason enough for me to renounce my citizenship and leave the country for good.
I won't vote for Ben Carson, but anyone who would say something so idiotic might as well leave now.

Bye Felicia!

Old 10-28-2015, 08:43 AM

5,183 posts, read 3,717,203 times
would rather have Trump, but if it's Ben against Hillary, no brainer, I'd vote for Ben!

Old 10-28-2015, 08:43 AM

5,560 posts, read 4,975,998 times
Ben Carson

A logical man, uses science to preform surgery on the brain, and wants less government. All of these seems good on the surface.
Yet he also seems to want to control behavior and this is where he will get himself in trouble.

No government has for the good of liberty, and a republic believes in bedroom control and body control and not at a federal level. IE see the constitution.

Because of that

I will vote Rand Paul.

Rand Paul is for the flat tax, if you make under the poverty line you dont have to file.
Everyone else 14.5% which is everyone, no loop holes. You can still deduct yourself and children and that is it nothing else.

The more you make the more you will pay but it will always be 14.5% of your income.
I am sure Rand would prefer to get rid of the income tax but we have a budget issue and has to fund many things.

Federal department of education gone,
IRS gone
Department of interer gone

Less money for government military and less more for the domestic programs. All will be cut to balance a budget.
Many of the foreign aid is GONE. You want SS and medicare that needs to go.
You want welfare to continue you have to cut stupid programs and pork in the budget. Like an example is a study on Japanese birds more sexually active on cocaine. This is important over grandmom getting her meds.
NO NSA spying, no secret programs, no control of washington from corporations.
Medicare is not cut, SS is not cut, He balances the budget in 5 years.
Those in washington who dont have courage to stand up to the system have no business in washington.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:44 AM

8,634 posts, read 8,529,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I will start off by saying I will most certainly not be voting for Ben Carson. And yet, I've encountered many people who say they like him and will gladly vote for him for President.

Here's why I will fight tooth and nail to ensure this man isn't elected:

He supports a flat tax, maybe 10%, maybe 15% - that everyone will pay - the poor and rich alike. Way to go to add fuel to the fire of inequity in this country.

He wants to get rid of Medicare. Yup. No more health care for you once you turn 65.

He doesn't believe in evolution. Hello, I thought we'd gotten past that nonsense. Having a President who doesn't believe in evolution would be reason enough for me to renounce my citizenship and leave the country for good.

Oh yeah, he's totally against abortion. And gay rights too. He doesn't eat meat - I can imagine he'll want to outlaw eating meat as well.

Gun control - he wants no change in gun laws. I guess that's okay...maybe... He thinks we should have the ability to repel a "tyrannical" government. Uhem, like the kind of government he'd preside over should be elected? This one really confuses me.

Perhaps I should be thrilled that he's currently the front-runner for the Republican side - it's sure gonna pave the way for Hillary to take the White House.

What do you folks think of Ben Carson?
He can't jack it up worse then the guy in there now did.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections